What resolution do you play KSP at?

CaelumEtAstra

What monitor resolution do you play KSP at?  

348 members have voted

1. 1. What monitor resolution do you play KSP at?

• 1280x1024
    • 1280x720
    • 1366x768
    • 1440x900
    • 1600x900
    • 1920x1080 (1080p)
    • 2560x1440 (1440p)
    • 3840x2160 (4K/UHD)
    • Other

I'm curious as to what resolution people play KSP at. I myself play at 1280x1024 with a Dell 1707FP.

If your option is "Other", please let me know so you can be included in the data.

Feel free to move this thread to the right location if needed.

Edited by Mrsupersonic8

I play in windowed mode in a custom resolution I set up with the nVidia control panel (KSP forgets the resolution if you edit the config file directly and then later adjust settings in the settings menu) - it's 1900x1000.

It lets me switch between KSP and other applications more easily than fullscreen, and the slight reduction in resolution makes it easier to center the window (+/- 20 pixels freedom on x and y axis; Windows stupidly tries to cascade it every time it starts up), and gives space for the taskbar at the bottom.

1080p. Had it higher but because of the textures, it didn't benefit the game at all and made UI too small. It really all just comes down to preference here. KSP isn't exactly a beautiful game compared to others out there.

Other: 2560x1080p

Used to play at 3440x1440p, but after rearranging my work space, my monitor is a little further away and I can't read text well enough at that resolution anymore.

Other. My monitor is 2560x1600, but I run KSP in a window at 1920x1440, so that it makes a nice 4:3 window that fills most of the monitor height.

Same idea here, but windowed into a 1280x800 - If I go any higher KSP crashes repeatedly - so a reasonable compromise.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.