Mods or stock?

quasarrgames

Do you play KSP with mods, or stock?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play KSP with mods, or stock?

• Stock all the way!
    • I use a few mods, but only a few.
    • AS MANY MODS AS I CA-[Ram Crash]
    • PLAY with mods? Hah! I DEVELOP them!

Stock all the way!

QA Tester, so mod free install for me (Mods would only complicate the diagnostic process.) :)

When we have release builds.

1.0.4 for example, I on occasion will install graphic mods on a second installation of KSP. My favourite are EVE, Interstellar, Planet shine and Scatter.

I play stock for now but I would like to add some visual enhancement mods. Just not sure where to start with it frankly.

Environmental Visual Enhancements for Clouds & City Lights

Texture Replacer to replace planet textures for improved planets from orbit, change kerbal heads, uniforms

Scatterer to have some atmospheric scattering/haze

Distant Object Enhancement to show Planets/Moons/Orbiting vessels as sprites in the sky and overlays

Planetshine to add reflections of the planet onto your orbiting vessels

Hot Rockets + Real Plume + Smokescreen to add better engine effects/exhaust effects

Engine Lights (or Lighting) adds a light source from engines

Edited by Ignath

I use 'micro-mods'; that is to say, mods that make very small changes or improve graphics, not adding large new gameplay systems. That way I can feel 'honest' about my gameplay whilst still having a better time. I mean, why not have first person EVAs, have rockets exhausts be a light source, or indeed have access to proper flight data?

A few mods. I like KSP the way it is when stock, but some mods just make it better, or just plain EASIER.

For example, KER just gets the guesswork out of rocketry and lets me run numbers. Less frustrating fails, more interesting stuff. MechJeb deals with rendezvouses, which are tricky and try my patience. And I found a mod to switch the contents of fuel tanks around to make LV-Ns worthwhile again without messing with spaceplane parts.

I use mods but I stay away from part mods.

Why because I played Minecraft (well still do occasionally) and I don't want to be in a situation where I am stuck on version .90 (for instance) because my favorite modder stopped updating the mod.

This is always a danger when it comes to games that rely heavily on Mods.

Mods should enhance a game not make the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.