[Broken] STS Space Shuttle "Khallenger"

Jon144

100% Stock STS Inspired Space Shuttle "Khallenger"

By Flying Beaver and Jon144

CwhAQDP.jpg

The Space Shuttle "Khallenger" is a 100% stock semi-replica of NASA's Space Transportation System. It's name is a reference and tribute to the real Space Shuttle Challenger that was tragically lost in 1986.

yQ6eVPL.jpg

Two massive and powerful hand-crafted SRBs power the craft to supersonic speeds before being ejected from the shuttle and parachuted back to Kerbin. Although built to be recoverable Squad decides that they are better deleted by physics.

mZVcz1T.jpg

After the shuttle reaches her desired altitude the EFT is jettisoned and will descend back to Kerbin. The shuttle is free to engage in orbital activities. The orbiter comes with a large cargo bay capable of carrying space station components, probes or even orbital laboratories.

Mpufyha.jpg

Khallenger makes for a powerful glider. Gliding in at a glide-slope of approximately 20 degrees she can carry back almost twice her weight to the surface of kerbin from orbit. The spacecraft is not only a delivery vehicle but a return vehicle.

gpFC4Sk.jpg

Khallenger is definitely a very robust and capable craft. With mission specific modifications she can complete nearly any low-orbit task. Weighing in at only around 300-400 parts at launch Khallenger is a reliable CPU-friendly shuttle.

MCDfLIs.jpg

We are still working on improving the design of this shuttle. A video and craft download will be posted here shortly. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Work in progress download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dr7fbqxyjcwdu1/Khallenger%20%285%29.craft?dl=0

If you run out of rep. make sure to give some to Beaver. He helped a lot to get the shuttle where it is now!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/members/111202-Flying-Beaver

In memory of STS-51L

692px-STS-51-L.svg.png

beNuUns.jpg

MzTmIcp.jpg

riYjBdv.jpg

8esxFOO.jpg

02ft8Fy.jpg

wLebDH9.jpg

Edited by Jon144

Awesome craft! I love how you did the engine pods! But I can't rep you. :(

He apologizes for being (temporarily) banned for making such a killer shuttle, and also apologizes that you cannot give him rep. If you have any questions about the shuttle I'll pass them on to Jon for you, and hopefully get you an answer back.

Good day!

Edited by Noname117

I want to know why, but perhaps that is just for him...

I do know why, I did see the post, but there's a certain rule in place which prevents me from discussing it with you. Anyways, it looks like me and Beaver will likely be maintaining this thread until he gets back. He'll be back soon enough, don't worry.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.