GregroxMun

[1.7.3] Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered v2.5.0 August 8th 2019

20 hours ago, DelicousPi said:

Thank you so so much Sigma - just applied the fix to vall's cfg myself and it loaded fine! looking forward to playing in my horrible hacked-together Frankenstein of a system :)

EDIT: well, I seem to have run into another problem. Just loaded the actual space center for the first time and the whole thing is floating a few metres above the ground -  in addition, the atmosphere intermittently appears thin and kind of twilight-y. It's a very pretty effect, but I'm guessing it's not intended. Looking through some forum threads this appears to be a known issue with SD/Rescale and planet packs? I tried adjusting some of the building height and terrain settings in the Rescale cfg, but nothing seemed to have any effect. Here are some screenshots I took of the bug - let me know if you want me to upload some more logs in the same method as before.

I will need to install the mod myself to check on this, I will let you know...

it might just be an issue with SD moving the KSC to a slightly wrong position

do you use Rescale! ? or do you have custom SigmaDimensions settings?

16 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I will need to install the mod myself to check on this, I will let you know...

it might just be an issue with SD moving the KSC to a slightly wrong position

do you use Rescale! ? or do you have custom SigmaDimensions settings?

Yes, this was using Rescale - I tried both the 2.5 and 3.2 configs. I didn't notice any significant difference between the two but I could have missed it.

On 10/11/2019 at 2:05 PM, Sigma88 said:

found the solution and opened an issue here

Where in the .cfg for Vall do I add that line?

16 minutes ago, birdog357 said:

Where in the .cfg for Vall do I add that line?

Not Sigma, but I inserted the fix at line 129 - Vall's .cfg looks like this for me in notepad++. Works great so far!

On a semi-related note, @Sigma88 I have a rather unsatisfying conclusion to the case of the floating KSC. I've been teaching myself a lot of MM syntax the past couple of days and decided it would be best to start over my install from scratch with a few proper patches in one folder instead of trying to sort out the insane house of cards it had become. A couple of hours later, and I installed SD/Rescale to find it working perfectly. Still don't know why it happened, but at least it's fixed. Thanks again for your help with the Vall bug :D

Edited by DelicousPi

1 minute ago, DelicousPi said:

Not Sigma, but I inserted the fix at line 129 - Vall's .cfg looks like this for me in notepad++. Works great so far!

On a semi-related note, @Sigma88 I have a rather unsatisfying conclusion to the case of the floating KSC. I've been teaching myself a lot of MM syntax the past couple of days and decided it would be best to start over my install from scratch with a few proper patches in one folder instead of trying to sort out the insane house of cards it had become. A couple of hours later, and I installed SD/Rescale to find it working perfectly. Still don't know why it happened, but at least it's fixed. Thanks again for your help with the Vall bug :D

Give me a moment to incorporate the line and I'll let you know on a clean/minimal AKR install if it works the first time.

15 minutes ago, DelicousPi said:

Score. @Sigma88 Using a clean install of just AKR and the supporting mods, and adding your one line to the Vall.cfg, I successfully got a 2.5x AKR using Rescale! and SD. I do not have a floating KSC like @DeliciousPi had so he must have had another mod or patch conflict.

this solution is just a temporary workaround, I am working on a more consistent fix on the Kopernicus repo but that will take a while

in the meantime, enjoy your scaled AKR :D

Обновите пожалуйста мод до новой версии KSP 1.8.1

[Added translation]
Please update the mod to the new version of KSP 1.8.1

Edited by James Kerman
Added translation