[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

On 12/8/2015, 12:12:32, Angel-125 said:

There is currently a bug where the Blacksmith/Clockworks can't open the recycler from the Operations screen but you can access them from the context menu.

Hello Angel, I'm a big fan of your Pathfinder mod and am having a lot of fun setting up bases all over my KSP career game. Thanks for creating this mod, it's a blast!

I haven't read the entire thread, but I'd like to report a couple issues I've run into to let you know about them. I'm using CKAN and have the most recent version of Pathfinder installed...

- I recently installed the Extra Planetary Launchpads and OSE Workshop mods, and I'm seeing an issue when opening the recycler, where the icons for the parts available to be recycled appear to be stacked on top of each other. Clicking on one automatically starts recycling one from some where in the stack, and as Murphy's Law would have it, it's usually always something I didn't want to recycle.

- In the Ponderosa's Geology Lab when I click on TERRAIN Uplink and select Switch to Vessel, my game freezes forcing me to manually restart.

- In the VAB, you can assign Kerbals to uninflated modules. (Actually, this cracks me up... I picture the Kerbals covered in shrink wrap and stuffed in a cold box for transport... it seems pretty efficient, but I wonder how you thaw them out at their destination... a microwave oven would use a lot of electricity. :) ) In any case, the button to inflate a module a Kerbal is stuck in isn't there until you have them EVA or transfer.

- And in your wiki page, the craft file in the link to the Pathfinder Buffalo Starter Craft no longer works because of the old style wheels.

Sorry about all the nit picking, but I hope this helps. Thanks again for creating a thoroughly enjoyable game mod.

43 minutes ago, Seaview123 said:

Hello Angel, I'm a big fan of your Pathfinder mod and am having a lot of fun setting up bases all over my KSP career game. Thanks for creating this mod, it's a blast!

I haven't read the entire thread, but I'd like to report a couple issues I've run into to let you know about them. I'm using CKAN and have the most recent version of Pathfinder installed...

- I recently installed the Extra Planetary Launchpads and OSE Workshop mods, and I'm seeing an issue when opening the recycler, where the icons for the parts available to be recycled appear to be stacked on top of each other. Clicking on one automatically starts recycling one from some where in the stack, and as Murphy's Law would have it, it's usually always something I didn't want to recycle.

- In the Ponderosa's Geology Lab when I click on TERRAIN Uplink and select Switch to Vessel, my game freezes forcing me to manually restart.

- In the VAB, you can assign Kerbals to uninflated modules. (Actually, this cracks me up... I picture the Kerbals covered in shrink wrap and stuffed in a cold box for transport... it seems pretty efficient, but I wonder how you thaw them out at their destination... a microwave oven would use a lot of electricity. :) ) In any case, the button to inflate a module a Kerbal is stuck in isn't there until you have them EVA or transfer.

- And in your wiki page, the craft file in the link to the Pathfinder Buffalo Starter Craft no longer works because of the old style wheels.

Sorry about all the nit picking, but I hope this helps. Thanks again for creating a thoroughly enjoyable game mod.

No worries, thanks for the feedback. Mostly I hear bug reports but it's nice to know at least some stuff works. :)

The recycler issue you noted actually comes from OSE Workshop and Obi has a fix in progress.

I'll have to look into the TERRAIN uplink issue, it used to work.

The Kerbals stuffed into the deflated modules is a known limitation of Pathfinder's interaction with KIS. I have to find a way to add inventory modules to the part when deflated so that I can change the crew capacity to 0.

And thanks for the info about the starter craft, I'll fix that. :)

Mission to Duna update. 

https://flic.kr/s/aHskqys5WB

The first launch met with catastrophic failure during descent to the Duna suface. The DSEV remains in orbit but is not responding to commands. The OPT-J shuttle lost contact with Mission Control at 600m from the surface.

Shuttle is presumed total loss, with crew perished. DSEV assumed salvagable after repair.

Edited by Denko666

26 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Say, random thought/question: Are there resource combinations underwater? Can you EVA underwater?

haven't actually -tried- it, yet. I'm sure if you'd do an eva under water, you'd float to the top, unless you were weighted down. Go drown a kerbal and see what happens.

Hello, i have some problems with the new versions of Buffalo and DSEV updated for KSP 1.0.5.

The following files causes the hanging of the game while loading :
WildBlueIndustries\Buffalo\Parts\JetWing Jetwing.cfg
WildBlueIndustries\DSEV\Parts\Engine Supernova.cfg

I have removed all unneeded other mods and ModuleManager cache files for avoiding incompatibility issues.

(KSP 1.0.5 32bit with Windows 8.1 64bit)

7 hours ago, Spacetourist said:

Hello, i have some problems with the new versions of Buffalo and DSEV updated for KSP 1.0.5.

The following files causes the hanging of the game while loading :
WildBlueIndustries\Buffalo\Parts\JetWing Jetwing.cfg
WildBlueIndustries\DSEV\Parts\Engine Supernova.cfg

I have removed all unneeded other mods and ModuleManager cache files for avoiding incompatibility issues.

(KSP 1.0.5 32bit with Windows 8.1 64bit)

Do you have logs I can look at? I won't be able to tell what's going on without them. Offhand it could be that you're using a WildBlueTools that's out of date. After installing DSEV and Pathfinder, make sure to use Pathfinder's WBT.

1 hour ago, Nightside said:

The jetpack is an awesome addition to KSP. Is it possible to use the parachute by itself? I have the kerbal wear it like a backpack, but I don't think I can deploy it unless it is attached to something else.

In my testing I was unable to get the chute to work by itself. I could attach it to the kerbal ok and it was recognized as a part but the game would not deploy the parachute, and it wouldn't show the context menu. So for now the answer is no, you can't.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

USI-LS is support out of the box now, so that patch is probably out of date.

really? even the prarie greenhouses? infact, what do you even need to run the greenhouses, anyways? like, i heard you input mulch IIRC and get supplies, right? something like that? mine didnt seem to work, on my aptur colony

3 minutes ago, Buzz313th said:

Hey Angel,

I Just started a career game with Pathfinder and a lot of other mods, including ScanSat and Remote Tech.  The "Terrain" survey scanner is acting a bit strange.  Is Pathfinder compatible with Scan Sat and Remote Tech?

JB 

Hi Buzz,

I haven't actually tried it out with Remote Tech or ScanSat. Terrain is based upon the stock resource scanner, the M700 one. It uses the same PartModules with a little extra thrown on top to support continuous resource monitoring (really just generates science points). What strangeness are you seeing?

28 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Hi Buzz,

I haven't actually tried it out with Remote Tech or ScanSat. Terrain is based upon the stock resource scanner, the M700 one. It uses the same PartModules with a little extra thrown on top to support continuous resource monitoring (really just generates science points). What strangeness are you seeing?

Well, lets see..  

I just unlocked the 5th column of the tech tree and the terrain scanner is now available.  So I sent it up in a polar orbit around Kerbin at 90km and it would not start an orbital survey scan.  Instead, every time I clicked the "Review Data" module it generated a 5 science point repoprt for a "Biome Scan".  If I had the Electricity, I could of just spammed that button like 100 times, then transmitted data and cleared the entire science tree. 

Eitherway, it would not start an orbital scan and did not use up research points, so I was not able to get a overview of the resources on Kerbin. 

In my sandbox game, it seems to work fine.

Again, I am using ScanSat and Remote tech now with ScanSat set to turn off default resource scanning.

I just tried sending up another "Terrain Survey Scanner".   It still wouldn't run an orbital survey and after a few tries, it started crashing KSP..  I know it was the Pathfinder part that was causing the crash, because as soon as I removed it from the game, it became stable again.. 

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I have a bug regarding the gaslight towers.  If I link two of them together, or link them to the muncrete bases for the inflatable modules, and then I leave and come back to my base, there are multiple pipes suddenly leading between each tower/base.  Sometimes they're plugged into separate ports, but sometimes I'll have two pipes going to one port and the game loses its mind when I unlink them to straighten it out.  If I leave them alone, they don't seem to hurt anything, just looks weird.

Just now, JJE64 said:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I have a bug regarding the gaslight towers.  If I link two of them together, or link them to the muncrete bases for the inflatable modules, and then I leave and come back to my base, there are multiple pipes suddenly leading between each tower/base.  Sometimes they're plugged into separate ports, but sometimes I'll have two pipes going to one port and the game loses its mind when I unlink them to straighten it out.  If I leave them alone, they don't seem to hurt anything, just looks weird.

Thanks for the report, that's a known issue. I tried asking about it on the KAS forums awhile back but never received a response. I've yet to figure out why it happens but it seems to be something to do with KAS.