Jump to content

[Min KSP: 1.11.1] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Elkram said:

 

I think I caught the problem, looks like a KAS misconfiguration:

I did check the debug window, after attached to the ground, if you stepped over it it broke and same happened when attaching something so I changed it:

staticAttachBreakForce = 80

Changed it from 10 to 80 and now it doesn't breaks when my kerbal steps over it or when attaching something.

Don't know if changing the model does anything or not I did this change before this last patch didn't post it sooner becouse I was busy.

Hope it helps.

Argh. I actually had it changed to 2000 before the whole 1.1.1/1.1.2 business. I had to both change the model and the static break force on the Saddle and Switchback 2.

 

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

Angel-125: I've finally gotten around to downloading Pathfinder and poking at it. I've already noticed one little issue: the Spyglass doesn't have any crew capacity, but EL (as of 5.2.91) makes the survey station's range dependent on who's in it:

  • nobody: 20m
  • non-surveyor: 50m
  • 0-star surveyor: 100m (range prior to 5.2.91)
  • 1-star surveyor: 200m
  • 2-star surveyor: 400m
  • 3-star surveyor: 800m
  • 4-star surveyor: 1600m
  • 5-star surveyor: 2000m (not doubled to 3200m because of KSP's physics range, even then I'm not sure how well it works past 200m)

A surveyor is a kerbal with the surveying skill (by default, pilot).

It looks like it could take one kerbal without trouble (all EL needs for the survey station).

That said, nice part :)

Another issue is the Switchback Base Hub makes the VAB think it's a locked part when I try to launch after a revert.

 

Thanks, I didn't realize that about the survey module. I'll add crew capacity and an IVA to it in the next update. :)  For now you could change the crew capacity to 1 and add:

INTERNAL
{
  name = mk1PodCockpit
}

for a temporary IVA.

And thanks for the info about the Switchback. I don't know what causes it to be a locked part but I'll see what I can figure out.

Edited by Angel-125
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Angel-125 Found a new weirdness today on the TERRAIN Geo scanner.  I get this when I place the part either as the root part or attached...

Spoiler

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

UIMasterController: ShowUI
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

Action 'RepairLab' already defined.
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

[TransmitterModule]: Part Module 0 doesn't implement IScalarModule
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WildBlueIndustries.GeoSurveyCamera.SetupGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WildBlueIndustries.GeoSurveyCamera.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Part+<Start>c__Iterator25.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I gave you the few lines from output_log that were above the NRE just in case it pointed you where you need to go.  Let me know if you need anything else and I'll happily assist!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2016 at 8:59 PM, Angel-125 said:

From what I can tell, the Saddle is not remaining attached to the ground, which is why your modules go flying when you attach the Chuckwagon. I thought I saw something about static attaching in the KIS forum though...

Yup, I had to change some things. Fixed!

 

Seems in my current install the saddle is still not attaching to surfaces. I am trying on the Mun. Anyone else having this issue?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like there are still some issues with Pathfinder working with KIS. I just tried the Saddle and it attaches just fine, albeit floating above the surface. The Switchback 2 appears below the ground, then pops in and won't attach. I'll need to speak with the KIS folks to figure out what's going on. Stay tuned. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @Angel-125, i'm here with some kind of bug. Not sure it's really located in Pathfinder though.

I have only Pathfinder (and buffalo) installed of yours WBT mods. Get following error in the logs on launching something with Pathfinder parts on it or attempting to save game with such vessel active. There are many of this things going in a row, depending on count of WBT mod parts in a vessel. Couldn't find a specific part that throwing errors, single Buffalo cabin seems fine. Other than this, didn't notice any consequences that can be surely associated with it.

Tested in almost clean install with only couple of basic mods (KER etc.) and visual things like Scatterer 'n' Collision effects, putting WBT and Community resource pack in there. No KIS & KAS that time, so it's not KIS issues from above.
 

[Error]: Input is null
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at ConfigNode.CleanupInput(System.String value)
   at ConfigNode.AddValue(System.String name, System.String value)
   at BaseFieldList.Save(.ConfigNode node)
   at PartModule.Save(.ConfigNode node)
   at ProtoPartModuleSnapshot..ctor(.PartModule module)
   at ProtoPartSnapshot..ctor(.Part PartRef, .ProtoVessel protoVessel)
   at ProtoVessel..ctor(.Vessel VesselRef)
   at Vessel.BackupVessel()
   at FlightState..ctor()
   at Game.Updated()
   at FlightDriver+<PostInit>c__Iterator2D.MoveNext()

 

Edited by DraWay
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I've noticed those too, they started showing up when KSP 1.1 arrived. I'm still tracking done the root cause. Does not seem to affect game play that I've seen though.

It hasn't affected mine at all and I've been seeing them for several weeks now...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I hope this works....

Just completed my first base using this mod.  Armstrong Base on the Mun is up & running and was such FUN to build!  There is so much capability built in to the parts, I was able to turn this (minus deorbit stage):

07AkeGb.png

in to this (lander sold separately):

J0v2uLR.png

Thank you!

 

J0v2uLR

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Foxbat said:

Okay, I hope this works....

Just completed my first base using this mod.  Armstrong Base on the Mun is up & running and was such FUN to build!  There is so much capability built in to the parts, I was able to turn this (minus deorbit stage):

in to this (lander sold separately):

Thank you!

 

J0v2uLR

Looks cool! Glad you're having fun. :) Once I get the Saddle and Switchback 2 sorted out, it should make base building easier again. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is some Nre that happens on game start\load fac755b861.png. All mods and dependencies are the latest release versions installed through CKAN.

KSP.log

Output_log

Also there is some funny bug, when you quit to main menu, in the top right corner appears this with Pathfinder icon, that disappears in a moment, I'm too slow to catch it D:68d0ef1492.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I found an interesting behavior with the patio slab.  I am practicing on kerbin setting up base. Position either a saddle or kids concrete slab and bolt to ground. Then I s lecture a patio slab and attach it to it using h key. Now the slab is attached but it becomes invisible, if you try to walk though the space it should occupy it won't let you, vehicles collide and bounce back ( however climb option never appears). You can press the g key and it recognizes the patio slab in the correct position, and allows you to reposition it where it dissapears again. I have even been able to attach it to the top of a vehicle and it attaches, but becomes invisible

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Looks like there are still some issues with Pathfinder working with KIS. I just tried the Saddle and it attaches just fine, albeit floating above the surface. The Switchback 2 appears below the ground, then pops in and won't attach. I'll need to speak with the KIS folks to figure out what's going on. Stay tuned. :)

As a workaround you can bolt the standard kis ground base to the ground and then  attach the switchback (old) to it ( or the pathfinder) . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

I found an interesting behavior with the patio slab.  I am practicing on kerbin setting up base. Position either a saddle or kids concrete slab and bolt to ground. Then I s lecture a patio slab and attach it to it using h key. Now the slab is attached but it becomes invisible, if you try to walk though the space it should occupy it won't let you, vehicles collide and bounce back ( however climb option never appears). You can press the g key and it recognizes the patio slab in the correct position, and allows you to reposition it where it dissapears again. I have even been able to attach it to the top of a vehicle and it attaches, but becomes invisible

I should have that fixed in the next update.

12 hours ago, LordAssault said:

There is some Nre that happens on game start\load fac755b861.png. All mods and dependencies are the latest release versions installed through CKAN.

KSP.log

Output_log

Also there is some funny bug, when you quit to main menu, in the top right corner appears this with Pathfinder icon, that disappears in a moment, I'm too slow to catch it D:68d0ef1492.jpg

The NREs aren't fatal, but I'll look into it. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Angel,

You know i love your work... So it pains me to be the bearer of bad news: i got an issue with craft gaining mass all by their own. I narrowed it down to these modules: Ponderosa ILM, Conestoga MLM, Homestead IMM mk2 and the Station Logistics Hub from M.O.L.E. Whenever one of these parts is added in the editor or launched they start from their proper mass, then start counting steadily up without end.

I'm not entirely sure it is your mod causing it. But i only seem to have with the above mentioned parts. And they're all yours :/ 

You can find the KSP.log of a session where i add these parts in the editor. I don't see anything relevant... But maybe you can.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqqmq7d92kej4y6/KSP.infiniteMassBug.log?dl=0

If you need more or different logs, or want to do testing, just lemme know. Always happy to help..

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Denko666 said:

Hey Angel,

You know i love your work... So it pains me to be the bearer of bad news: i got an issue with craft gaining mass all by their own. I narrowed it down to these modules: Ponderosa ILM, Conestoga MLM, Homestead IMM mk2 and the Station Logistics Hub from M.O.L.E. Whenever one of these parts is added in the editor or launched they start from their proper mass, then start counting steadily up without end.

I'm not entirely sure it is your mod causing it. But i only seem to have with the above mentioned parts. And they're all yours :/ 

You can find the KSP.log of a session where i add these parts in the editor. I don't see anything relevant... But maybe you can.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqqmq7d92kej4y6/KSP.infiniteMassBug.log?dl=0

If you need more or different logs, or want to do testing, just lemme know. Always happy to help..

No worries, it's an issue in Wild Blue Tools. What version of WBT do you have?

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a PRE-RELEASE.

Get the latest here.

0.9.23 (PRE-RELEASE)

- Fixed NREs and Input is NULL errors.
- Fixed an issue where the Buffalo Adapter was not showing up in flight.
- Fixed an attachment node height issue with the M1-A1.
- Increased ElectricCharge storage in Buffalo parts to account for new KSP 1.1 wheel power requirements.
- Added support to the Buffalo for Kerbalism.
- Made some minor updates to the Buffalo Crew Module IVA.
- Fixed an issue in the Saddleback 2 where it would be spawned partly below ground when pulled from a KIS inventory.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Ok, I think I might have fixed it in the latest WBT. Give this a try, it is a pre-release of WBT 1.2.2.

I am sorry to report: it did not kill the bug

I also noticed only mechjeb shows the increase in mass. In the editor, the engineers report claims the mass stays the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Denko666 said:

Whenever one of these parts is added in the editor or launched they start from their proper mass, then start counting steadily up without end.

@Angel-125: my understanding is this is a sign of a part module either setting part.mass directly, or incorrectly implementing IPartMassModifier. Here is a sample. (don't worry about the license) Note that craft_mass is the mass of the craft being built (in its current state, so it will vary over time). In the past, it was added to part.mass, but IPartMassModifier cleaned that up nicely in 1.1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, taniwha said:

@Angel-125: my understanding is this is a sign of a part module either setting part.mass directly, or incorrectly implementing IPartMassModifier. Here is a sample. (don't worry about the license) Note that craft_mass is the mass of the craft being built (in its current state, so it will vary over time). In the past, it was added to part.mass, but IPartMassModifier cleaned that up nicely in 1.1.

I've been having trouble replicating this. Here is what I see:

 

And here is the relevant code from WBIResourceSwitcher:

        public virtual float CalculatePartMass(float defaultMass, float currentPartMass)
        {
            if (partMass > 0.001f && isInflatable == false)
                return partMass;
            else if (partMass > 0.001f && isInflatable && isDeployed)
                return partMass;
            else
                return defaultMass;
        }

        public float GetModuleMass(float defaultMass, ModifierStagingSituation sit)
        {
            return CalculatePartMass(defaultMass, partMass);
        }

        public ModifierChangeWhen GetModuleMassChangeWhen()
        {
            return ModifierChangeWhen.CONSTANTLY;
        }

 

It's a wee-bit messy (don't need currentPartMass) but partMass comes from a template, like, say, the mass of the geology lab.

Edited by Angel-125
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I've been having trouble replicating this. Here is what I see:

The KIS inventory might be the culprit:
https://github.com/KospY/KIS/issues/141

For reproducing the issue it might be necessary that two modules try to add a non-zero mass (one via the new interface and the other via part.mass). Also @Denko666 could try removing modules from the part to see which ones are needed to get the error.

Edited by pellinor
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Denko666 said:

Only the parts i mentioned seem to have it. The other pathfinder parts are unaffected.

I had a look in the log and found kOS. You don't happen to have kOS functionality on those parts? This is known to cause this symptom when combined with other modules that use the new interface (the same thing happens with kOS & TweakScale).

https://github.com/KSP-KOS/KOS/issues/1643 (solved but not released yet)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...