MV Seayuz (Boat)

Noname117

A2707DB7A90C42F3630F9C3287A6FA26C2B5C8F3

The MV Seayuz is a stock boat for fishing, for pleasure boating and for recovering kerbals in the ocean.

It comes with:

Transport wheels to get it to the water.

Many cool decorations.

A recovery ladder on the port side next to the airbrake.

A hitchhiker storage container plus 5 external seats.

A top speed of 10.2 m/s (Fully fueled).

A corny name!

Also, just to be warned, she is 322 parts.

Instructions:

First apply brakes and move a kerbal from the hitchhiker to one of the command seats. This isn't strictly necessary, but some parts of the ship stop functioning unless a kerbal is in the command seat. I have no clue why.

On flat ground you can get her up to top speed from the wheels safely, and if you turn the engines on you can go even faster. I haven't broken her by going too fast on flat ground yet!

Be extremely careful when handling bumps or uneven terrain. When you move the craft off the runway be very careful in doing so, as the wheels have a habit of breaking.

If a wheel breaks, don't panic. Stop the craft and get a kerbal out to repair the wheel(s). Don't attempt to continue driving with the broken wheel. This could lead to disastrous consequences. You can get the Kerbal back in via the ladder, though if you need to get the kerbal higher to activate the ladder (Or if the ladder clips through one of the wheel pontoons, making it unclimbable) you can climb on top of the pontoons using the wheels.

Braking is intentionally dulled on this craft, so be careful when you are approaching the ocean. I had to just leave the brakes on once I got to the beach rather than turn them on and off. You may want to increase the braking power slightly if you're having trouble getting it into the water.

Once in the water, stage the wheel pontoons, turn on the jets and sail off to whatever adventures you want to have! I haven't tested turning to the extent that I should've, but I can say that doing basic turns at medium speeds should be safe.

Walk kerbals on the deck of the ship while it is moving at your own risk. I recommend having all of them seated whenever you move.

Click on this line of text to download the beautiful craft!

B4DF3B7C39B3C85F5FE4957BB8D789B29223BBAB

BF5B677D905C338F84BD84D98BB1743F9A75CE20

F7944891CE6DCE37EF15062A312F1E49965A4549

CB5EC6B1C0C429C949884EEF2C800405167C61AC

Also, to anyone who did notice, yes, the smokestack is a bit off-center. This is fixed in the download.

Edited by Noname117

What a lovely looking motor vessel.

I need to know a few things if I'm going to skipper her.

What is her air draft and keel depth? Is she a single screw? If so, does she kick to port or starboard. What kind of range does she have? I also need to see the search and rescue plan, the passenger certificate, if applicable. The stability book and the certificate of Registry.

:D

Good job mate.

What a lovely looking motor vessel.

I need to know a few things if I'm going to skipper her.

What is her air draft and keel depth? Is she a single screw? If so, does she kick to port or starboard. What kind of range does she have? I also need to see the search and rescue plan, the passenger certificate, if applicable. The stability book and the certificate of Registry.

:D

Good job mate.

I have no idea what her air draft is, we'll have our top measuring tape guy on it immediately!

The keel isn't deep at all; you should only really worry about beaching her if you can pick up some piece of litter which wound up inevitably on the deck and toss it onto the beach.

She's a twin jet, which likely means a twin screw. No kick.

Range is unknown. Sail anywhere at your own risk

The search and rescue plan is to jump into the water and pray that a passing ship or aircraft notices you. Unless of course the water is shark infested. Then just try shouting to the passing ships and aircraft.

We don't have any of the other stuff prepared, so we've hired our top forger to do the job! He's also the measuring tape guy!

Also, thanks to everyone who checked this creation out, especially to those who commented!

Edited by Noname117

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.