So what does E/s represent.

electicity per second. It doesnt need to mean anything, just like our "Units" of fuel. Its another one of the tiny facets of the game I like.

edit: unless i missed somewhere that the fuel measurements are officially gallons or something?

Ampere seconds? (Or "Coulomb" if I remember high school physics correctly)

- - - Updated - - -

edit: unless i missed somewhere that the fuel measurements are officially gallons or something?

A fuel unit is 5L if I remember correctly, with all fuels having the density of water.

1 Ec is an arbitrary unit of energy. If you try and work it out based on how various game parts work you'll get conflicting answers. That said we can ignore results from the ion engine because it took a huge thrust buff for gameplay reasons. The rover wheels don't even seem to follow normal physics. If you go by the solar panel performance then 1 Ec ~ 1 kJ.

1 Ec is an arbitrary unit of energy. If you try and work it out based on how various game parts work you'll get conflicting answers. That said we can ignore results from the ion engine because it took a huge thrust buff for gameplay reasons. The rover wheels don't even seem to follow normal physics. If you go by the solar panel performance then 1 Ec ~ 1 kJ.

Kerbals have a snack-based economy, so Ec/s is eclairs per second. The reason the math sometimes doesn't appear to work out is because the device in question could be running off non-ISO-standard size eclairs, which, of course, contain a different amount of energy.

A fuel unit is 5L if I remember correctly, with all fuels having the density of water.

That only works for fuel/oxidizer. For other resources, like solid fuel or monoprop or xenon or ore, "tank units" mean something else entirely. Due to this inconsistent usage throughout the game, you cannot assign a real, fixed volume to a "tank unit". It's one of the few things in KSP which does not have a physical unit, much like electric charge.

"Tank units" were chosen/tuned by the developers to present easily human readable numbers to players flying typical vessels. For most of your gameplay, your resource amounts will always be between two and five digits, no matter which resource you carry. These numbers are large enough that you can ignore decimals, yet small enough that anyone can easily take them in with a split second glance at the fuel gauge.

If you go into realism mods, which actually make an effort to give tanks consistent volumes based on their models and fill them with appropriate amounts of resources, you'll notice that you quickly end up with numbers that are too large or too studded with decimals to be easily human readable. That is a tradeoff you need to make in that case, for the sake of realism.

Zaps per second. With the current electrical system, trying to come up with values is a path to madness.
With the current electrical system, trying to come up with values is a path to madness.
the current electrical system
current

I know you have a great capacitance for puns, but you should be charged for this electrical one. My head hertz from reading it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.