[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

9 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

I like the duna grey myself! 

My favorite is Duna White, it lets me replace the stock tanks in my games. Anyway, here are all three variants:

dsR2kqN.png

The Duna line is done! Now on to the 2.5m "Delta" revamp...

This picture is out of date but it mostly sums up what I have in mind for the 2.5m "Delta" tank revamp (called D4M in the picture):

pms0Mdp.png

3 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Oh no, the secret project is on hold while I catch up on my mods (BARIS set me back a few months). That's just an image I cleaned up in Imgur.

All I see is the Imgur image placeholder... How strange...!

9 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

im waiting paitently.....

Me too! I met my goal of having the 3.75m tanks done before the 1.3.1 release, now I'm trying to get the 2.5m "Delta" tanks done. They're getting there...

2EPIm2d.png

My Delta Heavy reference design is looking good IMO. Figuring out what to do with the striping on the long tanks, I kind of like the bare white look. Might add gold stripes though.

15 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

Soo good looking! Are you looking to make this release after 1.3.1?

Yeah that's the plan. Minimum is to remodel the 3.75m and 2.5m tanks. Might have enough time to redo the 1.25m tanks but I'm kinda run down from doing 5 sets of tank textures.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Yeah that's the plan. Minimum is to remodel the 3.75m and 2.5m tanks. Might have enough time to redo the 1.25m tanks but I'm kinda run down from doing 5 sets of tank textures.

Totally get that. As it is, I think the 1.25m tanks look pretty nice as they are, similar but distinct from the stock tanks, just better looking and with more details.

2.5m Delta tank revamp: done!

2ix1PuN.png

I still need to revamp the quad coupler that I brought over from MOLE, and create the Delta Nose Tank, but the remodeled Size 2 tanks are now done. I am still aiming to be finished by KSP 1.3.1, I'm just getting more done that I originally thought. :)

Last up are the 1.25m tanks, which will become the Moho line. Here's what they look like now:

U6wUU42.png

I am thinking along the lines of this:

Ham_Launch_-_GPN-2000-001007.jpg

They're sort of already there, but need an art pass..

The Moho tanks are going to be tricky, they are 1m, 2m, and 4m tall, respectively. Stock Size 1 tanks are 0.9375m, 1.875m, and 3.75m tall by comparison. I might have to deprecate the existing tanks and replace them unless I just keep the heights as is.

Edited by Angel-125

And I can call these done:

z9BhbAW.png

@adsii1970 Rest assured that the heights remain unchanged. :)

My stretch goals are to create a 2.5m nose tank, and I'm debating making a decoupler and probe core that matches the Delta paint job. That, and retexture the quad coupler from MOLE to match the Delta tanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.