[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

Making progress on the new Homestead module:

CC31yvl.png

This version is not as wide as the previous version, and I've cut the windows in and unwrapped the mesh. Now it's just a matter of texturing it. With luck I'll have it and the remaining parts done before 1.3.1 is released, but I'm running out of time.

21 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Getting there, might not have the props done before 1.3.1 drops, but the IVA is mostly done:

xBDJ4fL.png

Pilot's station:

Command deck's engineering station:

Science deck:

Hab Deck:

Those girders are needed to support the structure..

I really like the industrial interiors. Would you consider giving the internal lights the same changeability of the GondOffice?

Tried to consider its use as a set for stories by @JustJim and @adsii1970 when making the overlay:

TycWFFD.png

XitUhCq.png

The Homestead can be used as a command pod- it requires a crew of two- but it's not as sophisticated as a dedicated part like the Clydesdale Orbital Command Pod.

@Krakatoa There will be a conference phone in the hab deck.

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Tried to consider its use as a set for stories by @JustJim and @adsii1970 when making the overlay:

Oh... wow... thank you! And I'm planning a major asteroid base rebuild... I am going to have so much fun with these!!!  :D

10 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

And finally, the props:

Oh, man.... those ASET consoles are sweet!!!

2 minutes ago, Abpilot said:

Will the Hermes be implemented along your track because at one stage at the time the Martian was made it was going to be the means of transport for about a week then they scraped it.

dunno why but lol.

Wasn't planning on it, but you can sort of make it using existing parts and the almost complete Odyssey Two release. Odyssey Three will have most of what you need to make a kerbalized version of this:

That is NASA's NAUTILUS-X. I'm planning on making the hexagonal corridor (which also forms the hangars), adapter pieces, the radially attached command pod, and centrifuge with 2.5m core. Possibly the solar arrays and a big thruster plate as well (though you could just cluster tanks for that). No VASMIR engine though, it's thrust is too low for that. I'm looking at a different engine.. Here's my concept craft:

jdqxcJX.png

Gn63IbI.png

You don't really need the thruster plate , and that would reduce part bloat. Also, the D2 modules will have a mesh switch option to wrap them in hex panels to form that long corridor. The hex hangars will be just large enough to fit a 3.75m module...

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

Wasn't planning on it, but you can sort of make it using existing parts and the almost complete Odyssey Two release. Odyssey Three will have most of what you need to make a kerbalized version of this:

That is NASA's NAUTILUS-X. I'm planning on making the hexagonal corridor (which also forms the hangars), adapter pieces, the radially attached command pod, and centrifuge with 2.5m core. Possibly the solar arrays and a big thruster plate as well (though you could just cluster tanks for that). No VASMIR engine though, it's thrust is too low for that. I'm looking at a different engine.. Here's my concept craft:

jdqxcJX.png

Gn63IbI.png

You don't really need the thruster plate , and that would reduce part bloat. Also, the D2 modules will have a mesh switch option to wrap them in hex panels to form that long corridor. The hex hangars will be just large enough to fit a 3.75m module...

ok thx!

will it come with the robotic arm or do I have to get Infernal robotics?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.