[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

A few questions:

Will the ISV Venture Star have DeepFreeze compatability?

Will the ISV Venture Star have the mirror propulsion and the nuclear propulsion?

What's the propulsion of the NAUTILUS-X going to look like? I've seen plenty of different concepts for propulsion there.

I love the Orion, and the way this is going in general. Cheers!

43 minutes ago, Kosmonaut said:

A few questions:

Will the ISV Venture Star have DeepFreeze compatability?

Will the ISV Venture Star have the mirror propulsion and the nuclear propulsion?

What's the propulsion of the NAUTILUS-X going to look like? I've seen plenty of different concepts for propulsion there.

I love the Orion, and the way this is going in general. Cheers!

DSEV already has the Cryo Shelter.

Probably won't have the mirror propulsion, just the big nuclear motors.

NAUTILUS-X has been canceled- I don't see a use for the parts, they're redundant at this point and the mod is getting bloated. Hence the ISV Venture Star-alike parts will be in the last major DSEV release. I want things done by the end of the year, and it's just taking me too long to get things done. Add to that the long delay of Pathfinder's Sandcastle project, not to mention a top secret project that's been delayed for over a year now, so NAUTILUS-X is out.

Thanks, I think I have the design figured out.

Edited by Angel-125

5 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

DSEV already has the Cryo Shelter.

Probably won't have the mirror propulsion, just the big nuclear motors.

NAUTILUS-X has been canceled- I don't see a use for the parts, they're redundant at this point and the mod is getting bloated. Hence the ISV Venture Star-alike parts will be in the last major DSEV release. I want things done by the end of the year, and it's just taking me too long to get things done. Add to that the long delay of Pathfinder's Sandcastle project, not to mention a top secret project that's been delayed for over a year now, so NAUTILUS-X is out.

Thanks, I think I have the design figured out.

Dont cancel the nautilis, i still think its a great idea, maybe just pospone it, or make it a switchable type on the dsev parts (like how you can switch the adaptor plate to hex.....) im not saying immeadatly, but back burner would be nice :P

You guys know that Nertea is working on new station parts that go really nicely with DSEV and would probably allow one to make a Nautilus-X like ship (and many many others). 

Especially will have tons of options if the DSEV & Far Future conflict on fusion reactors gets worked out. (Both have the function ModuleFusionReactor) and it doesn't play nice.

7 hours ago, helaeon said:

You guys know that Nertea is working on new station parts that go really nicely with DSEV and would probably allow one to make a Nautilus-X like ship (and many many others). 

Especially will have tons of options if the DSEV & Far Future conflict on fusion reactors gets worked out. (Both have the function ModuleFusionReactor) and it doesn't play nice.

i already use all of nerteas mods aside angels :P even hizenberg even thow i dont use airships :D

Had to track down some BARIS bugs today, but small progress is still progress. Here is my Estonian Crew Taxi reference design:

xDKMlqi.png

Got the hatch in place and am just starting to draw out the panel lines. I've also figured out how to seat a total of 8 kerbals in the capsule. That's one less than the 9-kerbal Clydesdale, which should drive some OCD folks nuts. :)

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:48 PM, Angel-125 said:

I'm not sure why it would be needed anyway. You've already done most of the parts and, there's already about 5 or 6 different modders that have done a variant of the centrifuge concept.
You could make one mostly accurately from the parts you've done already.

@Angel-125 I can't complete the experiments in the Tranquility Mk2 Habitat. I can configure it as a science lab and select the experiments I want to research, but when in orbit, all experiments are paused because this part is not in the list of needed ones. Is this correct or maybe is it a bug? 

For example, in "Power tools evaluation" experiment the required parts (at least one) are:

M.O.L.E.

LDEF Science processor

Bigby orbital Wrokshop

D2 centrifugee

D2 science module

Gondolab

Doc Science lab

1 hour ago, bice said:

@Angel-125 I can't complete the experiments in the Tranquility Mk2 Habitat. I can configure it as a science lab and select the experiments I want to research, but when in orbit, all experiments are paused because this part is not in the list of needed ones. Is this correct or maybe is it a bug? 

For example, in "Power tools evaluation" experiment the required parts (at least one) are:

M.O.L.E.

LDEF Science processor

Bigby orbital Wrokshop

D2 centrifugee

D2 science module

Gondolab

Doc Science lab

That's a bug. If you go into the 000WildBlueTools/Experiments folder, add

requiredPart = Tranquility Mk2 Habitat

to the list of required parts. That'll get you unstuck. I'll have it fixed in the next update.

So much for getting the exterior done over the weekend... my brain had other ideas, and we had some fun holiday times too. But that's why I allocated the whole of November to get Odyssey Three done... Anyway, I did some of the panel detailing earlier today:

tvCGTp8.png

Here's a look at the part within Unity.

i have had an idea! by the way not i have no money left in explosive kolinasation because of baris, its great and really fun, however back to the idea!

a kis item, small round thing of tape (rope tape, duck tape, oh oh oh... kraken tape) than you can use for repairs of broken modules that will keep them up and running for a short ammount of time even when dead, but not exploaded, however it cant be manufactured through OSE!

12 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

i have had an idea! by the way not i have no money left in explosive kolinasation because of baris, its great and really fun, however back to the idea!

a kis item, small round thing of tape (rope tape, duck tape, oh oh oh... kraken tape) than you can use for repairs of broken modules that will keep them up and running for a short ammount of time even when dead, but not exploaded, however it cant be manufactured through OSE!

Glad you're having fun with BARIS. :) Getting the panel etching done:

yo1yeoA.png

More detailing needed, but this is a good step forward. :)

Edited by Angel-125

so heres a problem for you, every time i use the new duna tanks they reset the internal config back to lfo, it happens every time i load the theing in the VAB and not ive just spawned it in orbit and its reset again from cryo to lfo. ive had this bug occasionally with the hex parts but this has just happened alot today....

6 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

so heres a problem for you, every time i use the new duna tanks they reset the internal config back to lfo, it happens every time i load the theing in the VAB and not ive just spawned it in orbit and its reset again from cryo to lfo. ive had this bug occasionally with the hex parts but this has just happened alot today....

Make sure you're using https://github.com/Angel-125/WildBlueTools/releases/tag/v1.31

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.