Kerbal book of World Records

Welcome to the kerbal book of world records! This aims to document all the records achieved by kerbalnauts, such as speed records, distance records, etc.

If you think you\'ve done something worthy of a world record, post it here! No cheating allowed though.

\'Cheating\' means that only balanced mods are allowed and no .cfg editing. MechJeb is allowed.

World airspeed record (The entire flight has to take place within the thick part of the atmosphere.)

Holder: Fendleton

Statistic: 952 m/s (Level flight. My screenshot is from a few seconds before then)

Version: 1.15.2

Screenshots:

screenshot96.png

Mods used: MechJeb

World waterspeed record

Not taken

World landspeed record

Holder: kavjik

Record Statistic - 266.6 m/s

Game Version when record achieved: 0.15.1

Screenshot

2s0ec77.png

Mods used: None

World spacespeed record

Not taken

Largest munbase (most landers)

Holder: Shiar

Record Statistic: 1 Lander

Game version when record achieved: 0.15.2

Screenshots:

p0xEF.png

Largest minmus-base (most landers)

Not taken

Fastest time to the mun

Holder: Kelmoir

Record statistic : 03:58:08

Screenshots:

moonlander.png

Fastest time to minmus

Not taken

Longest distance by glider (Magic turbine and other gliding glitches are not allowed. The entire flight must take place within the atmosphere, and you may launch your glider in any way you want. The distance is the distance from the GEOGRAPHICAL point where you were released to the point where you land. How you choose to measure this is up to you.)

Of course, you can add other records, as this is not even close to covering everything.

Also please supply the game version you are using for your attempt, and screenshots. Screenshots are vital. If it is suitable, a screenshot of the Flight Results too please.

To apply, please use the application form:

Record title:

Record Statistic:

Game version when record achieved:

Screenshots:

Mods used:

Accepted, you now hold the world airspeed record!

While I\'m at it...

Record title: Land and water records

Record Statistic: 0 m/s

Game version when record achieved: 0.15

Screenshots: Uhh... Not too hard to prove

Record Title - World Land Speed Record

Record Statistic - 135.1 m/s

Game Version when record achieved: 0.15.2

Screenshot -

14vgtq9.jpg

Mods Used - None

Welp, the world land speed record is now held by a boat.

You are going to have to moderate the airspeed record since the density varies in a crazy matter getting up that high in the atmosphere.

Make it fastest speed at a legitimate altitude, such as 1km. Not 10km...

You need to put a cap on that airspeed.

I also think you should specifically state 'no cfg editing' as well as stating a specific set of mods that it would work with. Personally I would suggest saying that only vanilla, carts, and mechjeb should be allowed.

Possibly also requiring people to attach the .cart file for record verification would be smart as well.

You need to put a cap on that airspeed.

I also think you should specifically state 'no cfg editing' as well as stating a specific set of mods that it would work with. Personally I would suggest saying that only vanilla, carts, and mechjeb should be allowed.

Possibly also requiring people to attach the .cart file for record verification would be smart as well.

I use NovaPunch mini-boosters for JATO launch.

You are going to have to moderate the airspeed record since the density varies in a crazy matter getting up that high in the atmosphere.

Well, I\'d say that doesn\'t really matter; as long as it uses air-breathing engines.

It should be up to the pilot to find the right balance between altitude and engine efficiency to get maximum speed.

It\'s like saying Chuck Yeager\'s Mach 1 flight is \'illegitimate\' because it was flown at 45,000 ft and not at 5,000 ft.

It should be up to the pilot to find the right balance between altitude and engine efficiency to get maximum speed.

It\'s like saying Chuck Yeager\'s Mach 1 flight is \'illegitimate\' because it was flown at 45,000 ft and not at 5,000 ft.

JELLYFACE CHECK YOUR TOPGUN CHALLENGE

Record Title - World Land Speed Record

Record Statistic - 266.6 m/s

Game Version when record achieved: 0.15.1

Screenshot

2s0ec77.png

Land speed record no longer held by a boat.

Accepted.

May I include longest distance traveled by glider?

Of course.

I\'m not going to limit that, only that it has to be done inside the thick part of the atmosphere. Infact, I\'ll add two records: Upper atmosphere airspeed record\' and \'lower atmosphere airspeed record\'.

May I include longest distance traveled by glider?

Of course.

Glider distance wouldn\'t be possible to measure without any possible cheaty. The gliding glitches (magic turbine) make it very unbalanced.

Of course.

Glider distance wouldn\'t be possible to measure without any possible cheaty. The gliding glitches (magic turbine) make it very unbalanced.

I believe that he wouldn\'t accept magic turbines for the glider challenge. Simply craft that take off using SRBs or LFEs or airbreathers, then eject them and glide away.

Record title: World Airspeed Record

Record statistic: 767.4m/s

Screenshots:

Ngvhu.jpg

Mods used:

Tiberdyne Big Shuttle Wing

Tiberdyne Big Canard

Jellycubes Forward Swept Wing

MechJeb

Craft name: Strato-Streak Mk I