Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

I'm just taking that texture and making it purple :D

I'm making a video using your using this mod tonight, i'll be sure to post it here when im done! :)

Edited by DaZeInBok

I feel like the top one looks more believable but I prefer the darker feel of the bottom choice.

Looking at something like this: Link, the top version's cloud layers fit Venus better.

Yeah its because the top one is a 2D representation of Venus' clouds :P But I have leeway on this as Eve isn't Venus so it technically doesn't have to look like Venus.

Ok what about this one. The upper cloud layer is going in one direction and the lower layer is going in the other, both going the same speed. You obviously can't tell from this picture but if the cloud layers are liked I can mess with it.

PXFeOly.png

Concerning the poll:

IMO the most important planets are, in diminishing order: Laythe, Eve, Mun, Duna, Minmus, Jool, then every others.

Would also be nice to have at least some simple and basic atmosphere configs for planets from mods, like New Horizons.

As for Eve: Maybe make clouds a little bit more white? Clouds are vapor, and I guess no simple chemicals that usually compose them can be that strongly colored. Also, why is the atmosphere green?

Concerning the poll:

IMO the most important planets are, in diminishing order: Laythe, Eve, Mun, Duna, Minmus, Jool, then every others.

Would also be nice to have at least some simple and basic atmosphere configs for planets from mods, like New Horizons.

As for Eve: Maybe make clouds a little bit more white? Clouds are vapor, and I guess no simple chemicals that usually compose them can be that strongly colored. Also, why is the atmosphere green?

I don't think I'd make the clouds more white, I don't think any cloud pack has ever made clouds on Eve white, they've always been purple. The atmosphere is green because Avera9eJoe recommended it here and I decided to see what it looks like.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what Eve looks like in motion.

Again, let me know what you think. I'm not a big fan of it at the moment but just want to get everyone's opinion.

Tell me what you guys think of this. I went back to the first texture. I couldn't find anything I liked. I up-scaled the texture to be larger, which if you know anything about photo editing, doesn't always work very well. In this case, it really isn't that bad. Luckily the detail texture comes into play before you start seeing any ugliness that would've been caused by the up-scaled texture. I like this the best so far, I'm going to push out a release after I finish my "work session", or whatever you want to call it, that includes this so people can test this and the volumetric clouds out themselves. Feedback will always be appreciated :)

RlALOCH.jpg

5yLLeuv.png

SVE v0.1.1 is out!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SVE v0.1.1

- Eve Clouds semi-finalized

- Auroras added to Eve and Duna

- Duna WIP clouds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get it while it's hot!

Tell me what you guys think of this. I went back to the first texture. I couldn't find anything I liked. I up-scaled the texture to be larger, which if you know anything about photo editing, doesn't always work very well. In this case, it really isn't that bad. Luckily the detail texture comes into play before you start seeing any ugliness that would've been caused by the up-scaled texture. I like this the best so far, I'm going to push out a release after I finish my "work session", or whatever you want to call it, that includes this so people can test this and the volumetric clouds out themselves. Feedback will always be appreciated :)

http://i.imgur.com/RlALOCH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5yLLeuv.png

Looks amazing!

- - - Updated - - -

I also have a few suggestions. I personally prefer duna to have white clouds, and in Astronomers v3 pack Duna has a blue atmospheric haze As seen in this picture:

siegEfW.png

I think he did that because the real life sunrise is blue.. idk:

NASA%E2%80%99s-Curiosity-Captures-Stunning-Blue-Sunset-on-Mars.jpg

Also I know you haven't started working on the mun yet but i have a suggestion for that, BA adds a glow to the mun heres how it looks:

KVMVFsJ.png

Anyways keep up the great work :D

After playing with this for a while, it's time for a bug report and a suggestion. I tried the Ultra Res version of the mod in windows, with these mods (in the album) and it ran very smoothly. The only problems that I encountered was that some planets had a bit of transparency (as in the album) and some times the clouds had some boxes around them. Anyway, really good work. Now, my suggestion is to add the haze effect higher as one of the real life pic below. Other than that, I can't see myself play KSP without this mod:)

Real Life Pic:

http://i.imgur.com/s1KtJbD.jpg

My SVE Album:

​http://imgur.com/a/XMdTf

Again, let me know what you think. I'm not a big fan of it at the moment but just want to get everyone's opinion.

I like that. Only I'd reverse cloud layers colors - make the top one light pink one and the bottom one - purple.

That light pink color is exactly what I meant by "more whiteish".

Yep, that atmosphere from your link in nice, maybe you should just copy it? RIght now your has standard but on new EVE release - atmosphere stops at 300km altitude or smth like that.

EDIT: Duna from Astronomer's pack looks just perfect IMO, maybe you could stick to that look? Just add higher res, better effect, terrain textures, but keep overall look and feel?

Also, dust storms on Duna were really nice and added some interest to that otherwise dull reddish polished surface.

Looks amazing!

- - - Updated - - -

I also have a few suggestions. I personally prefer duna to have white clouds, and in Astronomers v3 pack Duna has a blue atmospheric haze As seen in this picture:

http://i.imgur.com/siegEfW.png

I think he did that because the real life sunrise is blue.. idk:

http://www.mirrordaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/NASA%E2%80%99s-Curiosity-Captures-Stunning-Blue-Sunset-on-Mars.jpg

Also I know you haven't started working on the mun yet but i have a suggestion for that, BA adds a glow to the mun heres how it looks:

http://i.imgur.com/KVMVFsJ.png

Anyways keep up the great work :D

Yup! I'm actually modeling my Duna clouds and stuff off of AVP v3 as It's my favorite of his packs. And thanks for the Mun image I'll see what I can do :)

- - - Updated - - -

I like that. Only I'd reverse cloud layers colors - make the top one light pink one and the bottom one - purple.

That light pink color is exactly what I meant by "more whiteish".

Yep, that atmosphere from your link in nice, maybe you should just copy it? RIght now your has standard but on new EVE release - atmosphere stops at 300km altitude or smth like that.

EDIT: Duna from Astronomer's pack looks just perfect IMO, maybe you could stick to that look? Just add higher res, better effect, terrain textures, but keep overall look and feel?

Also, dust storms on Duna were really nice and added some interest to that otherwise dull reddish polished surface.

Check this post as thats the most updated look for Eve. And yeah, I'm modeling what I do on Duna after AVP v3 as best as i can.