Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

Does anyone know if the texture we see for Jool (aka the "clouds") in stock is game engine speaking Jool's surface or can you go below the texture? I've never actually visited Jool with a craft in my actual gameplay.

Does anyone know if the texture we see for Jool (aka the "clouds") in stock is game engine speaking Jool's surface or can you go below the texture? I've never actually visited Jool with a craft in my actual gameplay.

You can definitely pass through a sort of green layer and then it just shows black, but I have no idea what's going on there beyond face value. I have no idea what's going on there at face value, come to think of it. Try and hyperedit a ship there, see if you can make any sense of it.

You can definitely pass through a sort of green layer and then it just shows black, but I have no idea what's going on there beyond face value. I have no idea what's going on there at face value, come to think of it. Try and hyperedit a ship there, see if you can make any sense of it.

I might have to check it out. I'm thinking about looking into removing the stock texture as it causes visual artifacts when zoomed out from the planet. Plus there's no need for it to be there if I can remove it without it breaking.

I might have to check it out. I'm thinking about looking into removing the stock texture as it causes visual artifacts when zoomed out from the planet. Plus there's no need for it to be there if I can remove it without it breaking.

I'm not sure if it's even possible to remove the texture since that is the actual planet itself. :P

I'm not sure if it's even possible to remove the texture since that is the actual planet itself. :P

Okay so it is the actual planet. That's what I was wondering. Nevermind then :( I'll see if I can find another way to fix the artifacts.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what the clouds look like when they move. I personally love it. There's still a lot of stuff I need to fix as you probably can see throughout the clip but I'm getting closer and closer!

Awesome. :P I guess it isn't possbile to make central belt rotate faster without introducing additional 4096 texture?

Also, speeds of each stripe need further adjustment. Center and other small belts should rotate at the highest speed, while that background texture should rotate at much slower speed. Coriolis force in actipn. Currently you have it reversed. :D Here's a nice anim with Jupiter: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PIA02863_-_Jupiter_surface_motion_animation_1fps.ogv

Awesome. :P I guess it isn't possbile to make central belt rotate faster without introducing additional 4096 texture?

Also, speeds of each stripe need further adjustment. Center and other small belts should rotate at the highest speed, while that background texture should rotate at much slower speed. Coriolis force in actipn. Currently you have it reversed. :D Here's a nice anim with Jupiter: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PIA02863_-_Jupiter_surface_motion_animation_1fps.ogv

I have three different textures, one is the background and the other two are the lighter belts. I'll adjust the speeds as thats easy to do but I'm not going for 100% real life here ;)

I have three different textures, one is the background and the other two are the lighter belts. I'll adjust the speeds as thats easy to do but I'm not going for 100% real life here ;)

Well, obviously not 100%, Jool is not Jupiter. But physics behing clouds movement stays same. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Well, obviously not 100%, Jool is not Jupiter. But physics behing clouds movement stays same. :)

Also I'd suggest a few layers of volumetric clouds for those who like to drop probes on chutes down there. No need to bother with new textures, just use Eve texture and put it under all others so it's almost invisible from orbit. Here are Jupiter layers:

AACHCTI0.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'd suggest a few layers of volumetric clouds for those who like to drop probes on chutes down there. No need to bother with new textures, just use Eve texture and put it under all others so it's almost invisible from orbit. Here are Jupiter layers:

http://astronomy.nju.edu.cn/~lixd/GA/AT4/AT411/IMAGES/AACHCTI0.JPG

Yeah, I've always planned on adding them, just focusing on the 2D stuff for now.

SVE v0.3.2 is out!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SVE v0.3.2

- Jool Cloud WIP Textures

- Jool Cloud Configuration Finished

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take a glide through Jool's amazing wonderful 2D cloud of destruction!

P.S. I'm going to be streaming further development in a couple minutes if anyone wants to come check out what I'm doing! There's no audio other than my Spotify radio and no webcam :P

Twitch Channel

You are seriously the sexist mod out there right now. I've been having fun mixing your mod as a paste-over of astronomer's to fill in the places you haven't got to yet. Your mod is so ...., yet so much lighter.

Okay so it is the actual planet. That's what I was wondering. Nevermind then :( I'll see if I can find another way to fix the artifacts.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what the clouds look like when they move. I personally love it. There's still a lot of stuff I need to fix as you probably can see throughout the clip but I'm getting closer and closer!

Are those volcanoes? in the video I saw red patches on the dark side.

I currently have too many mods and i am waiting till 1.0.5 before I get anymore...

Uhhh no? Where are you seeing that?

OMG how did I miss this! ;.; I would have loved to chat...

I'll probably be streaming later today!

You are seriously the sexist mod out there right now. I've been having fun mixing your mod as a paste-over of astronomer's to fill in the places you haven't got to yet. Your mod is so ...., yet so much lighter.

Glad you like it :)

After watching the stream broadcast I would say to be careful not to make the planets/moon too glow'y. I think a lot of visual packs do this for a wow factor when it isn't really necessary. I'm all for a slight, small banded glow to soften the... edge terminator (?) lines between the planet and backdrop of space but it shouldn't really be too soft.

I mean, I just Googled some of the planets and they don't glow unless they are eclipsing the sun but do have soft edges in cases. What are your thoughts?

After watching the stream broadcast I would say to be careful not to make the planets/moon too glow'y. I think a lot of visual packs do this for a wow factor when it isn't really necessary. I'm all for a slight, small banded glow to soften the... edge terminator (?) lines between the planet and backdrop of space but it shouldn't really be too soft.

I mean, I just Googled some of the planets and they don't glow unless they are eclipsing the sun but do have soft edges in cases. What are your thoughts?

Are you talking about for the atmosphere? Yeah I agree, the glow wasn't finished I just wanted to mess around with the rings :P

Yeah the atmosphere glow:

bmx7sMe.png

Thats taken from the stream footage. If you compare it to say, some of the DISCOVR shots taken of Earth, you don't really see a pronounced glow: Link. It depends how life like you want them to look in any case. As an aside note, I think the glow you have on Kerbin above is not too bad, maybe a tad strong for me, but its not overly done.

Edited by Poodmund

Yeah the atmosphere glow:

http://i.imgur.com/bmx7sMe.png

Thats taken from the stream footage. If you compare it to say, some of the DISCOVR shots taken of Earth, you don't really see a pronounced glow: Link. It depends how life like you want them to look in any case. As an aside note, I think the glow you have on Kerbin above is not too bad, maybe a tad strong for me, but its not overly done.

If you have scatterer installed (I don't in my build because memory issues and all) I believe it isn't that prominent.

- - - Updated - - -

Either way I can always take another pass on this stuff. The atmosphere settings are also really finicky in the first place but maybe I'll do that when I stream next so I can get live feedback.

Can someone help me with this problem?

http://imgur.com/a/7dmHB

I installed latest version of EVE Overhaul, Distant Object and Planet Shine. And i have some additional part mods. I have tried every pack of this mod UR, HR, MR, LR and every single one of them looks like this. I'm running 64-bit workaround for KSP on windows because i try to make my KSP as beatuiful as possible and some part mods along side. I really like your mod and i would like to fix this problem. Keep up with this mod because its better than every other graphical mod for KSP that i have seen :D

--Update--

And im not running in DirectX 11 mode as you said it breaks a lot of stuff

Edited by Joco223