Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

I'd deprecate it and just wait for implementation with Scatterers multi-planet support to be honest. Thats exactly why I'm not tinkering around with anything as I'm waiting for the next release of Scatterer before taking a look.

I'd deprecate it and just wait for implementation with Scatterers multi-planet support to be honest. Thats exactly why I'm not tinkering around with anything as I'm waiting for the next release of Scatterer before taking a look.

Yeah I'm thinking that's what I'm wanting to do. I think I'll hold off on updating anything until Scatterer updates to support multi-planets then I tweak the atmosphere to my hearts content. Or... hmmm I'm stupid. I could just offer two versions *face palm* I start that now.

hi Nhawks17,

I've seen that you have a BoulderCo folder into your download.

is the content of that folder the same as the one from EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements or is it modified for this mod?

If the folder is not exactly the same as EVE would you consider changing the name of the folder?

I'm asking this because it would help other mods check which mod is installed

for example we could use

:NEEDS[boulderCo] > to check for EVE

:NEEDS[sVEClouds] > to check for your mod (or whatever you will decide to call the folder :D )

If your "BoulderCo" folder is the same as EVE, there's no reason why you should change the name ;)

feel free to pm me if you have any doubts about this question :D

hi Nhawks17,

I've seen that you have a BoulderCo folder into your download.

is the content of that folder the same as the one from EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements or is it modified for this mod?

If the folder is not exactly the same as EVE would you consider changing the name of the folder?

I'm asking this because it would help other mods check which mod is installed

for example we could use

:NEEDS[boulderCo] > to check for EVE

:NEEDS[sVEClouds] > to check for your mod (or whatever you will decide to call the folder :D )

If your "BoulderCo" folder is the same as EVE, there's no reason why you should change the name ;)

feel free to pm me if you have any doubts about this question :D

Sure thing! I can just add it to my StockVisualEnhancements folder instead of BoulderCo, would that work for you?

Edit: At least I believe I can. If I can absolutely.

Edit: Yes I can! All of the textures and configs are now in the StockVisualEnhancements folder instead of BoulderCo. I'll update everything once I finish everything I'm wanting to do!

Edited by Nhawks17

Sure thing! I can just add it to my StockVisualEnhancements folder instead of BoulderCo, would that work for you?

Edit: At least I believe I can. If I can absolutely.

Edit: Yes I can! All of the textures and configs are now in the StockVisualEnhancements folder instead of BoulderCo. I'll update everything once I finish everything I'm wanting to do!

thank you :)

you saved me a lot of sleepless nights :D

Okay so here we go....

This is a slightly biggish change in how SVE is going to be developed in the future. As you will see on the OP there are now 'two' versions of SVE you can download, one is the Overhaul version, one is the Release version. I'm not going to go into extensive detail on the differences (you can read them here) but basically one is built on the old EVE-Overhaul version while the other is built off of the latest Release version. The Overhaul version has more features but is a little more buggy. I am going to continue the development of SVE on the Overhaul version because of the additional features (at least until the features are added to the release version). As of now the Release version is going to be at a developmental stop until Scatterer updates to support multi-planets and/or EVE release updates to include the features.

TL;DR SVE has two versions, Overhaul will be continually updated. Release will update once EVE release does and/or Scatterer

And now onto the changes....

The Release version has everything that the current Overhaul version does minus atmosphere effects and custom terrain. It's marked as 1.0.0 because everything is done that I can really. Again, this version is built off of the latest EVE Release version so if you're interested in that you can get it below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SVE [Release] v1.0.0

- All planets that need clouds have clouds

- Future Updates will include Scatterer configs for atmospheric effects

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The glorious EVE Release demands you download this!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now regarding the Overhaul version. Things are staying the same. Development will continue like it normally would we just can't use the most recent version of EVE yet. If you're interested in this one (I highly recommend it) you can get it below like usual.

SVE [Overhaul] v0.4.0

- Moved everything to the StockVisualEnhancement Folder

- Jool Clouds Finished

- Jool Aurora's Added

- Jool Ring's Finalized

Shun the Release users! Use me instead!!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Edited by Nhawks17
Woops Again

^ I just wanted to say this is amazing and now I can play KSP again because CLOUDS YAY.

But question, should I be downloading the new EVE as well (obviously just the release and not the basic configs) or does it come included with this?

^ I just wanted to say this is amazing and now I can play KSP again because CLOUDS YAY.

But question' date=' should I be downloading the new EVE as well (obviously just the release and not the basic configs) or does it come included with this?[/quote']

All EVE files are included in the download. The only mods that need to be downloaded and added separately are Kopernicus and Scatterer (if you want it)

Btw do you have any plans to work alongside KSPRC when it is fully released? My cloudpack was designed to replace KSPRC's clouds and play along side the rest of it's mods. You could you might try to do the same? :)

EDIT: Also on an unrelated topic, does Duna use it's own specific cloud texture or is it's texture used on other planets as well? I used a variant of that same texture but with the midlands having a red-brown colored clouds and the polls having white. I'm stopping development of my cloudpack so you could use it if you want. :)

ytUjTq7.png

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Hmm, appears I've hit a roadblock. My game seems to be working fine (aside with a Tracking Center bug that I used to get with un-undapted versions of Kopernicus, which I'm not worried about) with the exception that the clouds simply do not load. The other effects SVE provides seem to be working, but the clouds do not load.

And just to clarify, this is with just stock KSP + CST-100, which I can't imagine is causing clouds to not appear being a simple part mod.

le7RSKy.jpg

Edited by G'th

Figured out the issue. Apparently the HR version of the Release is broken somewhere. Downloaded the ultra and loaded up and clouds were working. I can easily downsize the textures without affecting quality, so no issues there but it would be a good idea to fix that :D

Btw do you have any plans to work alongside KSPRC when it is fully released? My cloudpack was designed to replace KSPRC's clouds and play along side the rest of it's mods. You could you might try to do the same? :)

EDIT: Also on an unrelated topic, does Duna use it's own specific cloud texture or is it's texture used on other planets as well? I used a variant of that same texture but with the midlands having a red-brown colored clouds and the polls having white. I'm stopping development of my cloudpack so you could use it if you want. :)

http://i.imgur.com/ytUjTq7.png

I can't remember off the top of my head but I believe it uses a texture that is used on other planets. I actually don't like the colored clouds myself, I prefer the plain white ones :P And if by work alongside you mean continue its development when Proot releases it? Yes, I plan on it :P

Hmm' date=' appears I've hit a roadblock. My game seems to be working fine (aside with a Tracking Center bug that I used to get with un-undapted versions of Kopernicus, which I'm not worried about) with the exception that the clouds simply do not load. The other effects SVE provides seem to be working, but the clouds do not load.

And just to clarify, this is with just stock KSP + CST-100, which I can't imagine is causing clouds to not appear being a simple part mod.

[url']http://i.imgur.com/le7RSKy.jpg

Which version did you download? Overhaul or Release and which resolution. Jk just saw your post. I'll look into it, might've missed something.

Ninja'd :P

Some more tidbits now that its working.

I've found that it is still necessary to do the whole "alt-e and apply" bit from a while ago. Otherwise, bad things seem to be happening. (Namely, z-fighting and general nastiness)

While doing the above fixes a lot of the visual errors I was experiencing, I had to turn off shadows completely to get rid of the z-fighting completely. Which isn't bad, the planets still look gorgeous. This I think has more to do with EVE itself rather than this mod, so we'll just have to wait to see how its improved in the future I think.

Another thing I noticed before I turned the shadows off was that the cloud textures didn't match up perfectly. This may have been due to me downsizing (as I didn't downsize EVERY texture, just the biggest ones), so we'll leave that as a possible me error.

Ninja'd :P

Some more tidbits now that its working.

I've found that it is still necessary to do the whole "alt-e and apply" bit from a while ago. Otherwise' date=' bad things seem to be happening. (Namely, z-fighting and general nastiness)

While doing the above fixes a lot of the visual errors I was experiencing, I had to turn off shadows completely to get rid of the z-fighting completely. Which isn't bad, the planets still look gorgeous. This I think has more to do with EVE itself rather than this mod, so we'll just have to wait to see how its improved in the future I think.

Another thing I noticed before I turned the shadows off was that the cloud textures didn't match up perfectly. This may have been due to me downsizing (as I didn't downsize EVERY texture, just the biggest ones), so we'll leave that as a possible me error.[/quote']

Huh... I didn't experience that when I tested it but I'll look next time I work on it. The Alt + E thing shouldn't have to be done either. I've never run into the issue of it having to be done for SVE.

May also be due to OpenGL, as I pretty much never not use it. But now that ive got everything about where I want it, I think I'm going to turn them back on and see if the fighting comes back. I'll also try without OpenGL on as well.

Also with the cloud textures, I can confirm that there are seams. I managed to scavenge the HR textures (which to you also means whatever issue there is with the HR file is in the configs not the textures themselves) and they do have at least a couple seams.

Pretty sure its an EVE thing' date=' but the Mun is getting city lights :/[/quote']

Yeah I saw that in the EVE thread. Thats nothing I can fix. The config is correct so it's something wrong with the current release of EVE

Well he still has the atmosphere code on the github and he said in the thread it's not supported "at this time" so I'm assuming he will add it eventually.

You can just compile the code from the "multiplanetSupport" branch, it might be a bit buggy but multiplanet support works. I haven't released it yet as I still want to tweak some things and fix a few problems, otherwise my thread (and my inbox) will get flooded with the usual "this no work, this flicker" posts.