Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SVE  v0.5.1

- Re-wrote custom Scatterer configs to fix a rare issue where stock oceans would show instead of the new ocean shader.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go forth and stare in awe of Blackrack's majestic Ocean shaders!

Hello again good sir,

Thanks for replying to my post on reddit. After finding out about ckan I tried uninstalling and manually reinstalling, but I'm still missing the eye-candy. The logs and loading screen both indicate that assets and textures are being loaded from the EVE and SVE folders but sadly kerbin remains cloudless. WRtwlAf.png

n2pYaXc.pngjQjrDza.pngBmAw9St.png

Edited by beemer252025
added pics

40 minutes ago, curtquarquesso said:

Sweet! I'll give it a try. 

Quick question:

With the Ultra-Res version, it says that it's specifically for Linux. What about Mac? Would it run theoretically?

I "think" I remember reading somewhere that 8k textures don't load on Mac but I could be wrong. Always worth a shot trying.

17 minutes ago, beemer252025 said:

Hello again good sir,

Thanks for replying to my post on reddit. After finding out about ckan I tried uninstalling and manually reinstalling, but I'm still missing the eye-candy. The logs and loading screen both indicate that assets and textures are being loaded from the EVE and SVE folders but sadly kerbin remains cloudless. WRtwlAf.png

n2pYaXc.pngjQjrDza.pngBmAw9St.png

Interesting. Could you post some screenshots of what shows up when you have a craft launched? Either on the launch pad or not

39 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Interesting. Could you post some screenshots of what shows up when you have a craft launched? Either on the launch pad or not

I'm not sure what manner of witchcraft you pulled but this time when I loaded the game (it took a little longer) everything was working fine. Perhaps my computer just needed a restart.

Thanks for helping!

Sorry for two updates so soon. Rbray sneaked in an EVE update :P

SVE  v0.5.2

- Updated to include EVE 1-0-4

Main Menu Clouds!! Yayyyy!!!

Not quite.... I'm poking it you lying blue text!!

Excuse me? I don't lie, look again!

By the way, everyone thank DaZeInBok for making me an awesome new signature :D

Edited by Nhawks17

@Nhawks17 I've been meaning to ask, in the description of the versions it says this:

The UR version is the Ultra Resolution version and is the modified files that run on the Linux version of RVE. So, don't use this on a Windows build that has 50 mods because you will crash and burn.

Does that mean that that version will not work on Windows at all? I run very little in the way of RAM-intensive mods so was wondering.

I'm not sure about Windows, but it doesn't work on Mac for sure, and the answer is simple. KSP running on OS X won't load anything above 4k textures I believe. I believe it's a limitation of either OS X or Unity. 

I'd love someone to figure out exactly why this is, but they just won't load. Won't crash the game, you'll just get weird partial textures.

Yes, the UR version works on Windows. That's actually the version I build everything else off of, you just can't run the UR version if you're on a heavily modified instance because of the 32-bit limitation on the Windows version of KSP (Unless you use the workaround, but we won't go there).

Edited by Nhawks17

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

Yes, the UR version works on Windows. That's actually the version I build everything else off of, you just can't run the UR version if you're on a heavily modified instance because of the 32-bit limitation on the Windows version of KSP (Unless you use the workaround, but we won't go there).

I went there, and it's glorious. I have been using the HR version because you keep making that warning and I forget I run 64 bit. Works just fine FWIW, and I'll be using UR from now on

10 hours ago, gkorgood said:

I went there, and it's glorious. I have been using the HR version because you keep making that warning and I forget I run 64 bit. Works just fine FWIW, and I'll be using UR from now on

Yeah, there is a lot of people that don't have issues with it, mod makers just don't like it so I don't bring it up xD

SVE  v0.5.3

- Removed Compiled-OceanBack.shader and Compiled-SphereOcean.shader from EVE folder to fix ocean visual bugs that occurred sometimes.

Could you stop releasing 0.5.x updates pls? Thank you. Love, Blue Text

Hey, just wondering:by saying 'updating to eve 1-0-4', did u mean 1-05-4?

Propably - was just confused as the OP had no date to the chances

On 20.10.2015, 23:01:17, Nhawks17 said:

Known Issues:

• City Night/Day Textures show up on other planets besides Kerbin (Not sure if this is actually still a thing)

that was fixed in EVE 1-05-1 (i guess it was -1)

Edit:

another thing. In recent EVE the MainMenu Clouds were brought back in - you updatet that with your 0.52.

But for me it seems when i install Kopernikus, they disappear again - any idea?

Edit2: Nevermind, has been reported already:

15 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

Thanks for the report! I'm already aware of this issue, and I will try to fix it with the next version :)

Edited by Speadge

5 hours ago, Speadge said:

1. Hey, just wondering:by saying 'updating to eve 1-0-4', did u mean 1-05-4?

Propably - was just confused as the OP had no date to the chances

2. that was fixed in EVE 1-05-1 (i guess it was -1)

3. another thing. In recent EVE the MainMenu Clouds were brought back in - you updatet that with your 0.52.

But for me it seems when i install Kopernikus, they disappear again - any idea?

Edit2: Nevermind, has been reported already:

1. Yeah sorry haha. It's the most recent version

2. Ahh ok cool, I'll remove it. Didn't know if that was still there or not.

3. Yep, reported it muhself :P

Is Kopernicus a dependency of this mod (as the OP suggests?) because CKAN hasn't automatically selected it.

Edit: Never mind. It clearly is, as these are Kopernicus files. I'll raise an issue with the CKAN guys.

I'm having to hash this together through CKAN in the meantime, because I want to stay on top of updates. So, I'm assuming the default EVE configs should be deleted in favour of the Stock Visual Enhancement ones?

Edited by severedsolo

Yeah it's not technically a dependency unless you want the rings like Poodmund said. The CKAN stuff is yeah... I didn't make the configs as it was automagically made for me when I added it to Kerbal Stuff so they made the configs for me. However, I plan on releasing official CKAN support with the release version so everything should be set properly (dependencies, options, etc.). Which hopefully will be out within a month or so if everything goes to plan.

3 hours ago, DaZeInBok said:

So whats next on the list of things to do mr hawks?

I'm going to play around with Scatterer to see if I can get something on non-atmospheric bodies but doesn't make it look like it has an atmosphere, if that makes sense. I also need to re-do the Jool cloud texture layers. But finals are this week so progress will be super slow.

2 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Yeah, CKAN is pretty messed up but i got it working.

My jaw just hit the floor the first time I saw Kerbin from space. Good job!

Glad you like it :D

I'm having an issue where it seems like there are too many clouds, the entire planet has pretty much 80~90% cloud coverage, a lot more than as seen in the teaser album in the first post. In addition to this there are no city lights with SVE installed.

This is on a fresh copy of the game with no other mods installed except scatterer and happens with both the UR and HR versions taken from your github.

If needs be, I can provide a screen shot when I get home from work

10 minutes ago, Spagoose said:

I'm having an issue where it seems like there are too many clouds, the entire planet has pretty much 80~90% cloud coverage, a lot more than as seen in the teaser album in the first post. In addition to this there are no city lights with SVE installed.

This is on a fresh copy of the game with no other mods installed except scatterer and happens with both the UR and HR versions taken from your github.

If needs be, I can provide a screen shot when I get home from work

Screenshots would be appreciated as well as screenshots of your Gamedata folder and inside of the StockVisualEnhancements folder too :)