[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

has anyone else had trouble with the docking autopilot? It just lets the veichle drift away from target until it loses the "Docking port target"

EDIT: i'm using non-stock docking ports from KSO

Edited by Conrad

Totally new issue. I have found that Mechjeb is not preventing jet flameout properly (And it doesn't seem to be doing anything that is clicked on the utilities box.)
has anyone else had trouble with the docking autopilot? It just lets the veichle drift away from target until it loses the "Docking port target"

Without knowing what version of KSP and what version of MechJeb you are using, there is very little that we can do to offer advice on either of these issues.

(also, please note that "latest" is not a version... latest when I downloaded it, latest when I ran it, latest when I logged the bug, latest when someone reads the post... can all be different versions)

Conrad, I'm also seeing issues. I have noticed that the "Safe Distance" and "Target Size" values go wonky right after checking "Autopilot Enabled." Do you see that as well?

I've been questioning the values as well. I'm always getting safe distance sizes over 1000 and a couple times even the target size also over 1000. MJ kept trying to move away so far it would lose targeting.

Without knowing what version of KSP and what version of MechJeb you are using, there is very little that we can do to offer advice on either of these issues.

(also, please note that "latest" is not a version... latest when I downloaded it, latest when I ran it, latest when I logged the bug, latest when someone reads the post... can all be different versions)

KSP version .23.5, Mechjeb Dev build .198 (With optional plugins) mod used (The ones that specifically caused the issue) FAR, B9.

Here is the KSP.log of the most recent flight. The output log is too big for dropbox.

Edited by Taki117

KSP 23.5

Mechjeb2 2.1.1.0-200 dated 4/4/14

I am having issues with Warp Helper....I set it 103 days, it speeds up to full warp, but doesn't stop after 103 days. Repeatable. Also happened for other time values and different game states.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Polly

KSP version .23.5, Mechjeb Dev build .198 (With optional plugins) mod used (The ones that specifically caused the issue) FAR, B9.

Here is the KSP.log of the most recent flight. The output log is too big for dropbox.

I'm running very similar. KSP 0.23.5, MJ Dev 198, though I'm not using FAR. Whenever I try to engage docking autopilot, it will back up a ridiculous amount and half the time the (stock) RCS are putting out such low thrust levels that the only way I know they're on is that my RCS store is dropping.

This doesn't seem to be limited to docking, even on manoeuvres the RCS barely seems to contribute. I can make this ship pull a full 180 in about 5 seconds manually, but MJ seems to limit the RCS so much that its taking 30-40 seconds to pull a 30 degree turn.

KSP 23.5

Mechjeb2 2.1.1.0-200 dated 4/4/14

I am having issues with Warp Helper....I set it 103 days, it speeds up to full warp, but doesn't stop after 103 days. Repeatable. Also happened for other time values and different game states.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Polly

Haven't tried it with Warp Helper, but I have noticed that autowarp is being a bit screwy with things like rendevous autopilot. Once I'm within about 2.5km, auto-warp turns off and won't re-enable, even with like 3 minutes between nodes.

Does anyone know how to get MechJeb working in 23.5? I've placed the folder in GameData, and I've even gone so far as to set all tech levels in the AR202 and Pod to "start" but I still can't get the MechJeb menu to pop up on launch. Is there a quick fix I'm missing, or is this a problem anyone else has had?

EDIT: I'm running a clean 23.5 install, and I downloaded the latest version off SpacePort today (4/4/14). I also haven't played since v22 was out due to a myriad of reasons, so if there was a fix to my problem previously, please forgive me for not knowing about it!

Thanks!

Does anyone know how to get MechJeb working in 23.5? I've placed the folder in GameData, and I've even gone so far as to set all tech levels in the AR202 and Pod to "start" but I still can't get the MechJeb menu to pop up on launch. Is there a quick fix I'm missing, or is this a problem anyone else has had?

EDIT: I'm running a clean 23.5 install, and I downloaded the latest version off SpacePort today (4/4/14). I also haven't played since v22 was out due to a myriad of reasons, so if there was a fix to my problem previously, please forgive me for not knowing about it!

Thanks!

Don't use the one on Spaceport, use the latest dev build from here:

http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/

After a few tests, it seems that the problem with the in-flight delta-V readout is caused by the use of fuel linesâ€â€like asparagus staging. I also noticed my frame rate drops when I pop up the delta-V screen on the vehicle I posted before and the game will crash on close. This could be a change to do with the game behavior as I notice that KER is having similar problems with in-flight delta-V readouts.

Even a simple asparagus staged rocket doesn't display the delta-V correctly.

Test Vehicle: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13301351/Test%20Vehicle.craft

Kerbal%20Space%20Program-04-04-2014%2017-22-42.jpg

Kerbal%20Space%20Program-04-04-2014%2017-22-59.jpg

KSP: 23.5.464

MechJeb: 2.1.1.0 Build #200

RemoteTech 2: 1.3.3

TextureReplacer: 1.3.3

ProceduralFairings: 2.4.4 (problems occurred before this mod was installed)

ModuleManager 1.5.6 (installs MechJeb on all pods)

Edited by Farix
add module manager

Yes,same for me. Cleared out the previous version, installed v198 to the GameData folder. The part appears in the VAB but attaching it doesn't bring up the menu.

I figured out my particular problem. I had an old version of the DLL in the folder of another plugin that relies on MechJeb. Updating just the copy of the DLL in MechJeb's own folder caused it to break. Updateding both copies restored functionality. Just in case that helps anyone else!

I had sloppy node execution before the update, have found RCS set to on, with fine control {CAPS} and maneuver tolerance set to .5 or .6 helps.

So far have not experienced the Delta V failing to display for the new parts. Built several rockets earlier today, all showed clean Delta V stats. Are you sure you are using the latest dev build found here >

http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/ ?

Yeah, everything is clean and confirmed 198 from scratch. I've played with MJ set on .1m/s tolerance since I started using it in like .18 or something and never had an issue quite like this. Sure sometimes autopilot would chase a node a little bit, but now it just isn't catching the marker exact. It can be seen best when MJ aligns for a burn. It used to be it wouldn't hit time warp until it was exactly on the marker. Now it seems to have some tolerance. This same tolerance is what is biting it in the ass at the end of the burn I think. Basically, the auto pilot is experiencing what looks like human error. Maybe we're on to something!

Even a simple asparagus staged rocket doesn't display the delta-V correctly.

Test Vehicle: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13301351/Test%20Vehicle.craft

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13301351/Kerbal%20Space%20Program-04-04-2014%2017-22-42.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13301351/Kerbal%20Space%20Program-04-04-2014%2017-22-59.jpg

KSP: 23.5.464

MechJeb: 2.1.1.0 Build #200

RemoteTech 2: 1.3.3

TextureReplacer: 1.3.3

ProceduralFairings: 2.4.4 (problems occurred before this mod was installed)

ModuleManager 1.5.6 (installs MechJeb on all pods)

Same thing happening to me. I have no other mods in common with you.

KAS

Kethane

Precise Node

TAC Fuel Balancer

Kerbal Alarm Clock

All but Precise Node had updates for 0.23.5

Thanks!

It works for me. Make sure you edit the TechRequired as well as unlockTech fields as well. I have no problem starting the career with MechJeb available.

I figured out my particular problem. I had an old version of the DLL in the folder of another plugin that relies on MechJeb. Updating just the copy of the DLL in MechJeb's own folder caused it to break. Updateding both copies restored functionality. Just in case that helps anyone else!

You should never have more than one copy of a mod DLL anywhere under game data, unless specifically instructed to do so by the mod's setup/install/use instructions.

So, has anyone tried build 200 yet? I just downloaded it this morning but haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Besides some wierd stuff that can happen with docking auto pilot, I haven't run into anything else wierd.

"Weird stuff" That's an understatement :)

I tested my the lander and tanker combo yesterday, they docked fine. The only issue I saw was that on ascent, both craft wandered a bit, but not fatally so. But I think that's because 23.5 increases angular momentum, and two reaction wheels weren't quite enough to lock it in. Also, the delta-V calculations weren't right in flight, but that's been reported. They seemed right in the VAB.

I was having a funny bug in career mode. I'd research whatever rocketry has the MechJeb part in it. I'd click on the MechJeb part while at the research center and it would ask if I want to research it and I would say yes. I'd go back into the VAB and still not be able to use the part. I'd go back into the research center and there would be two MechJeb parts under the rocketry research, one that's grayed out and one that is not. I'd click on the not grayed out one and it would ask if I want to research, say yes, go to the VAB, still unavailable. Go back to the research center and now there are three MechJeb parts, and continue as long as you like.