[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

I went back to the 2.1 release version. Had no problems at all with MechJeb running the throttle on either one of the two docked ships. More than one burn in a row, switching control and engines, it just always worked as it should.

Alan Aerospace Recycling and Packaging submits the following data for MechJeb Quality Assurance to have a look at.

http://pastebin.com/5ZQgKbN7 This is from a test game with nothing flying except these two docked ships, the lander was previously coupled to the top ROC on the large one.

Build 98 had no problems doing any burns, one or more in a row, with either end of this docked pair. The way the ship is set currently, build 104 will not run the throttle on the four Skippers. They are action Group 3 to toggle activation. No AG on the lander's Poodle but there is one on the lander's solar panels.

AFAIK, the only mods this has to have are ReStock, my RockoOKTOClampo part, and BoJaN Quantum struts for the four strut guns on the lander.

The ROC shows two control from here buttons, I clicked the top one. When using the lander's engine, it works with control set to the lander can or the docking port, which is normal function.

All the mods I have installed.

Quantum Struts

Procedural fairings

Kerbal joint reinforcement

HyperEdit

Kethane

Kommit stockalike (jut one part, a truss cube the size of the two large stock trusses)

KSPX

Infernal Robotics

Module Manager

DROMOMAN (robotic arm parts pack for Infernal Robotics)

ReStock

SelectRoot

Stretchy Tanks

TAC Fuel Balancer

UbioZur Welding

Custom parts

RockoOKTOClampo http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/58406-AARP-introduces-the-RockoOKTOClampo

Omni docking ports http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57323-Universal-Docking-Port?p=769596&viewfull=1#post769596

Edited by Galane

In the Devbuild #109 i get totaly screwed up DV-Stats and "Limit acceleration" don't work proper, either. Landing-Guidance prefers lithobreaking now. (All compared to the Devbuild #102)

What did you exactly need to hunt this down?

@Galane #110 is waiting to take your ship anywhere.

In 99 a patch was added to take into account the fact that an engine not aligned with the ship won't contribute as much to thrust. With your RockoOKTOClampo this part of code was not using the right way "forward" and thought the engine were thrusting backward. I now use the same code KSP use to find "forward" so it works better.

Thanks for the save, detailed info and testing :)

@Jasmir first try #110 since I fixed things related to that. A screenshot of the lander (well lit) and where you tried to land it.

And what do you mean by "screwed up DV-Stats" ?

@Jasmir first try #110 since I fixed things related to that. A screenshot of the lander (well lit) and where you tried to land it.

And what do you mean by "screwed up DV-Stats" ?

Here is a Example: Rover M Science.craft

The Decent-Stage (2 and 1) is displayed with 0 DV in "Delta-V Stats". In real, this stage has over 600 m/s DV. Even with version #110.

I'am let this thing land on mun again, and i'll update this post with the result.

Edit: Landing now works, but mechjeb seems to have heavy issues to recognize engines, that are not "inline" with the desired center of thrust.

Edited by Jasmir

If you look at the Delta-V windows you'll see a checkbox in the first line. It enable/disable computation of cosine losses (I need to rename that now that someone told me how it's called :P ) for the DeltaV Stats.

When checked engine that are not aligned with the forward direction of the ship will show less contribution. And engine that are perpendicular (like your lander's) show a 0 TWR and dV.

If you look at the Delta-V windows you'll see a checkbox in the first line. It enable/disable computation of cosine losses (I need to rename that now that someone told me how it's called :P ) for the DeltaV Stats.

When checked engine that are not aligned with the forward direction of the ship will show less contribution. And engine that are perpendicular (like your lander's) show a 0 TWR and dV.

Errr...

Ok, found it. I had to activate this checkbox first in the "Custom Window Editor" -> Thrust -> "account for non-linear thrust"

Then it worked. Thanks!

@Galane #110 is waiting to take your ship anywhere.

In 99 a patch was added to take into account the fact that an engine not aligned with the ship won't contribute as much to thrust. With your RockoOKTOClampo this part of code was not using the right way "forward" and thought the engine were thrusting backward. I now use the same code KSP use to find "forward" so it works better.

Thanks for the save, detailed info and testing :)

Thanks! Will be able to get the ship home now.

I am not sure if this is related to mechjeb but Craft colliding with launchpad while in space Has had this happen quite a few times and trying to find out if anyone else has had this happen to them also. As with try to zero out what mod (if any) is making it happen.

More likely has to do with joint reinforcer, or maybe restorer, whatever that is.

I can not debug landing guidance without more info. Each time I use the AP to land one of the stock landers they do indeed land. On Duna (and most likely on other) they do strange things, wait long time without warping and burn too much fuel but they don't crash.

Just a quick question: In Carer Mode, if I unlock a new Module by researching a tech, will all current crafts in space receive the new software? Or do only freshly launched ships get it?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but it's kinda important.

Edited by RocketPilot573

Just a quick question: In Carer Mode, if I unlock a new Module by researching a tech, will all current crafts in space receive the new software? Or do only freshly launched ships get it?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but it's kinda important.

Kerbal computer science is more advanced than it looks. They can compress even the largest MJ2 software package down to 69,105 bytes of data and transmit it to all craft in space instantaneously, so they all get the upgrade. Including the latest firmware for the onboard espresso maker.

im getting a bug where the mechjeb targeting system when i target a vessel and ask it to do target + it points at the KAS pipe endpoint on the vessel. when i try to grab the KAS endpoint i cant rightclick on it again and inorder to drop it i must use the hotkey. and when i do remove the endpoint switch back to the original vessel and do target + the GUI gets messed up and this is spammed to log: [Error]: MechJeb module MechJebModuleTargetController threw an exception in OnFixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException:

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetTransform ()

at UnityEngine.Component.get_transform () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.get_ReferenceTransform () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.GetTransform () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightGlobals.SetVesselTarget (ITargetable tgt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebModuleTargetController.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebCore.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

along with null reference exceptions

@123nick : Can you try with this build www.sarbian.com/sarbian/MechJeb2.dll ?

All :

I made a few small change in dev version.

- Merged the second part of a patch submited by Numerobis on github. It helps with jet engine thrust calculation. It won't change your life but it's better.

- Added a new skin. It's a compact version of the default skin for those who don't like wasted space

- Rover AP : Option to brake on pilot eject. For those who love the external seat and bumpy roads.

- Mass display 3 decimal places. For those having fun with RSS

Edited by sarbian

Anatid Robotics and Multiversal Mechatronics proudly presents the first flight assistant autopilot: MechJeb

I would like to thank CardBoardBoxProcessor for the amazing MechJeb model.

From version 1.7 and onwards, MechJeb has been merged with AR202, and The_Duck is working for new features :)

mj2.1_release.png

Current version: 2.1

Version History

Download 2.1 here

Source code available here, GPL3 license

You can also get the latest dev builds here.

Usage instructions:

Use the button on the right side of the screen to access MechJeb window selection interface, and click on the buttons to activate the windows. The windows can be dragged anywhere on screen, and their position is saved and reused among all rockets.

Manual

Please send Suggestions/Bug reports here: https://github.com/MuMech/MechJeb2/issues

A video from speedio explaining the basic operations you can do with it (outdated but still useful):

Another video, this one by tncm for AR202, but still very useful:

Soon: New modules in development.

Why i donty have all of those menus, i cant set anything in MJ, i just have this:

DLjVJlZ.jpg