Show off your awesome KSP Pictures

Capt'n Skunky

Thank you! :) More pictures coming soon. My IDER (Ike Deep Exploration Rover) is on its way to Ike! :P

Can't wait :) Did you actually stitch several screenshots together (as the edges suggest), or is it just one picture that you cut like this to make it look more realistic? Also, what kind of effects did you use, exactly? It'd be nice to know, so I'd have a basis for the day I'll start and mess around myself with my (numerous) screenshots.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33636[/ATTACH]

Jeb's first expedition to Jool, managed to get an encounter with Laythe, he landed... with some "difficulties".... but hey he got there now he'll be a hero for the rest of his life.... he should have plenty of supplies that were meant for return :L aha

Plans for my first mission to the Joolian system are finally ready! The JoSE probe (Jool System Explorer) will spend several months orbiting between Jool and its moons, and carries with her 5 tiny impactors, designed to be dropped in collision trajectories with Vall, Laythe, Tylo, Bop and Jool's upper atmosphere. If the probe has enough ∆v, that is. :)

Energy for the onboard instrumentation will be provided by very large solar panels, to compensate for Kerbol's great distance.

•Staging and engine tests at KSC. Three impactors can clearly be seen.

ANzCh.jpg

•Test flight to LKO, carrying a mock-up of the actual probe. (its crazy how less heavy and more elegant the rockets are, since addition of the new parts and engines rebalance!)

2irAb.png

Edited by Enture

Tell her that it's educational and a major help to your mathematics. If she doesn't believe you, show her a page of working-outs for phase angles and transfer times.

I showed her that, and she laughed. I think I didn't explain it precise enough.

Whenever I go into my room and turn on my computer, I get a stomache ache. So I use this laptop downstairs, which is far from capable of running any version of KSP. I even tried deleting all of it's vital systems, but that didn't do much.

Can't wait :) Did you actually stitch several screenshots together (as the edges suggest), or is it just one picture that you cut like this to make it look more realistic? Also, what kind of effects did you use, exactly? It'd be nice to know, so I'd have a basis for the day I'll start and mess around myself with my (numerous) screenshots.

This on is made of multiple images:

ewTTx.jpg

The last one you saw, was only one picture, i have just cuted the sides of it. :)

Usually i cut the screenshots, adjust their saturation and exposure a bit,

and then i give them some monochrome gaussian noise and a film grain-glow effect. (Photoshop cs3)

This on is made of multiple images:

-snip-

The last one you saw, was only one picture, i have just cuted the sides of it. :)

Usually i cut the screenshots, adjust their saturation and exposure a bit,

and then i give them some monochrome gaussian noise and a film grain-glow effect. (Photoshop cs3)

Thanks for the insight! I played a bit with a picture from my Duna Explorer mission, and ended up with this shot, quite similar to what you did:

O5r3U.jpg

It's really fun to do, I'll investigate this more in the near future. Not intending to copy your work, though, don't worry. :wink:

Also, are you using the Fixed Camera mod, or something else? Because the FOV of your latest post looks somewhat.. unusual.

Thanks for the insight! I played a bit with a picture from my Duna Explorer mission, and ended up with this shot, quite similar to what you did:

O5r3U.jpg

It's really fun to do, I'll investigate this more in the near future. Not intending to copy your work, though, don't worry. :wink:

Also, are you using the Fixed Camera mod, or something else? Because the FOV of your latest post looks somewhat.. unusual.

I really like this image! :) Nice job! I don't think you copy my work, i just think i gave you a reference, how to make "serious" mission photos of this cool game! :)

The FOV is really narrow on the first picture, cause i made it from IVA window with scroll zoom. The 2nd picture is made of multiple photos from a tilt camera with wide FOV. Its actually a vertical panorama picture.