Hype Train 1.0.5: The Local Train Route

Whirligig Girl

I only just now learned that mini drills and ISRUs and ore tanks are a thing. That's exciting--it means smaller space planes can be self-sufficient!

I'm also excited for the expanded lineup of air-breathing engines. Looking forward to miniature jet aircraft for those scientific missions planetside.

Devnote day. Anxiously refreshing the blog page. Booked time off work Friday. I'm not hyped. Much.

Originally the time the devnotes came out was about an hour and a half from now. Recently, they have been coming out 2 hours late. So you are about 3 hours off, unless they post it on the blog first because I'm referencing the daily kerbal for this.

So relax. You're not as hyped as I am, trying to estimate the exact time the devnotes will come out :D

Hmm, what's the average second that the devnotes come out? :P

- - - Updated - - -

There's no sticky in the daily kerbal! It must be being written as we speak!

Ninja'd. Oops. But also yay! That's a good sign!

Originally the time the devnotes came out was about an hour and a half from now. Recently, they have been coming out 2 hours late. So you are about 3 hours off, unless they post it on the blog first because I'm referencing the daily kerbal for this.

So relax. You're not as hyped as I am, trying to estimate the exact time the devnotes will come out :D

Hmm, what's the average second that the devnotes come out? :P

[...]

Looks like at between 14:00 and 15:00. The time is now 12:24, so it could be a while.

Im just hoping for performance improvements and bugfixes, everything else is honestly free content that i am more then happy to use.

Really the only feature im not too happy with is that new jet engine model inside. One, ruins VTOLs/Sci-Fi builds with ultra stubby jets (jet+intake only, no body), and two, its something that isnt even visible outside of the build phase unless you offset the jet outside of the plane or try to make a VTOL where the engine sticks out of the plane and looks very awkward. At least we get to make redneck jet planes with exposed engines :), might have to try that sometime...

I'm not sure how I feel about the ghost engines. It does make the offset CoM business make more sense, but it's a bunch of effort for graphics that will literrally never be seen.

However…

…Decouplers (or any staging part) can be set to have their staging toggleable…
Yes. So much yes. Thank you Nathankell. I hope I understood this correctly and I can remove such things from thr staging list entirely during build. Edited by pincushionman

I'm afraid I'm not fully on board the hype train this time, because I recently bought space engineers. I still think KSP is great, and I love all the new features.

The conductor would like to examine your ticket, sir. You're not being singled out, you were selected at random. Did you pack your own bag? Was it ever out of your sight?