Aerolfos

[1.2.2] Future Weapons - BDArmory Sci-Fi Addon

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, schnip said:

Is there a config to allow these weapons to be fired using electric charge? Either that or a converter from electric charge to the charge used to fire would be really nice for extended battles.

No but it should be a simple switch. And yeah, thoguht so too but couldn't figure it out, and wanted to get the mod out so just left it. Might look at it at some point.

Look under module, find:
    bulletMass = 0.01497
    bulletVelocity = 800
    ammoName = Power
    requestResourceAmount = 100

Change to: ammoName = ElectricCharge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, giga said:

You should the change the color to Red

Mmm but I like the unique purple. Should I make a different version more true to an X-wing? (Including sound change)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, giga said:

You should the change the color to Red

Well up to you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 11, 2016 at 11:44 PM, Aerolfos said:

Mmm but I like the unique purple. Should I make a different version more true to an X-wing? (Including sound change)

Hmmm.... Ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BDarmory now has an updated version that works with 1.1.2+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: Do you intent to update to 1.2 once the BDAc crew finish their 1.2 update? Or is this mod not going to be supported any longer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, IraqiWalker said:

Question: Do you intent to update to 1.2 once the BDAc crew finish their 1.2 update? Or is this mod not going to be supported any longer?

Yes I do indeed.

Sorry about 1.1.2, I ended up very confused about that and quite busy, have not played KSP in a while, and with 1.2 and a BDA update for that, I've decided to just wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aerolfos said:

Yes I do indeed.

Sorry about 1.1.2, I ended up very confused about that and quite busy, have not played KSP in a while, and with 1.2 and a BDA update for that, I've decided to just wait.

It's all good. I don't intend to rush you, XD. Just wanted to know if there were any future plans or not. Thank you for the quick reply, XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aerolfos BDArmory has been updated to KSP 1.2.1. Let us know if you need any further assistance from the BDArmory team to update this awesome weapons pack :wink:

Edited by jrodriguez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5.11.2016 at 11:04 PM, jrodriguez said:

@Aerolfos BDArmory has been updated to KSP 1.2.1. Let us know if you need any further assistance from the BDArmory team to update this awesome weapons pack :wink:

Cool. Probably not, it is a very simple mod.

 

EDIT: And that seems to be that. Should be working now, in 1.2.1!

Edited by Aerolfos
Don't want to make a new post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot for updating it for 1.2 !! Was waiting for it to update.

Thanks again for making it. It's my favourite bda plug in :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance of adding something like a photon torpedo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Any chance of adding something like a photon torpedo?

For one, space weapons (The space missile) are broken. I have no idea how they work anyway.

Secondly, not really sure how you would do a photon torpedo anyway. What do they look like? How is the explosion? And are any of those things I can actually make in KSP? (Probably not)

So, sadly, not likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aerolfos  Hiya wondering if your still working on this as I've a couple of possible candidates for future weapons, they don't really fit in any of my other weapon mods ( and to some extent they're all pretty much full) .  However if you're no longer wanting to add maintain it I'd be happy to take it on. The ground and air war is well taken care of,  time to get some sci fi stuff happening and bully BDA in new ways 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@Aerolfos  Hiya wondering if your still working on this as I've a couple of possible candidates for future weapons, they don't really fit in any of my other weapon mods ( and to some extent they're all pretty much full) .  However if you're no longer wanting to add maintain it I'd be happy to take it on. The ground and air war is well taken care of,  time to get some sci fi stuff happening and bully BDA in new ways 

Yes I am. I don't have anything to add myself at the moment, and it's working and up-to-date is all.

But I would love more stuff for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I just opened an interesting SciFI seaplane combat challenge on Laythe where Future Weapons mods is mandatory.

AkTm4Tr.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all now I've finally got hold of Aerolfos and he's seen them it's time to show you some new stuff.  

If you look above you'll see that there is a challenge running that uses future weapons, very cool, the thing is  the X10's as they stand are not exactly competition gear, there are problems with the pitch and yaw and some other details that need sorting,  and rather than deprive lovers of big booms of the original X10's I've made for competition purposes, a fixed single and dual X10, these have zero pitch and yaw, and visually differ slightly in appearance for the original.  They are just about to get the final tweaks and they'll be here.

Also there's a turret based on the ME3 hover tank gun,  with a very stock alike color scheme,  it's fitted on an aircraft below but really it needs to be mounted on something much heavier as it' has quite a kick  ,  Below single fixed X10s in wings 2xdual X10s in nose , and 2x turrets

feANbKG.png

2XoU1D3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can you add handheld lasers that use KIS or something along the lines of a photon torpedo from star wars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, colfighter said:

can you add handheld lasers that use KIS or something along the lines of a photon torpedo from star wars

Are you aware that since KSP 1.22 BDA weapon derived mods can no longer damage Kerbals. And that handheld weapon development stopped in 1.13 see the BD FPS link in my sig

cseot99.gif

FIc6jHK.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Are you aware that since KSP 1.22 BDA weapon derived mods can no longer damage Kerbals. And that handheld weapon development stopped in 1.13 see the BD FPS link in my sig

cseot99.gif

FIc6jHK.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, colfighter said:

can you add handheld lasers that use KIS or something along the lines of a photon torpedo from star wars

As Spannermonkey said, no real use for those anymore.

As for photon torpedo, nope, no idea how to. Remember that the current space missile is broken, so there's nothing to base off. Also do not know how to do custom explosion effects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.