[1.8.x] Precise Maneuver editor

Morse

4 hours ago, Morse said:

There is no such thing as "minimized window". If the window doesn't show, that can only mean bug.

I'd like to see the logs. The nature of the prerelease is such, that things are constantly changing. Maybe we just have different versions of KSP, or maybe something deeper is happening.

I figured as much since there's no way to add back everything. If anyone could recreate this bug, it would narrow it down. To recreate it on my end, all I have to do is create two nodes, change between them, and then toggle the window on and off with 'P'.

I had that issue when I briefly tested last night. I'll try recreate it when I get on later today.

Things started to go wrong including a lot of NRE's after I had pressed the enabled button while I was looking at the settings. After that the window would always be just the top bar until I clicked to show any item in the menu, and it also spammed NRE when I moved anything on the stock manoeuvre thing.

How do you actually install this? the readme says to unpack it into the GameData folder, but it doesn't seem to work ...

ignore this, i was using v2.2 which was designed for KSP 1.2 (i'm running the 1.1.x steam version still)

Edited by Poposhka

@Morse

Oh, Just found out that one of my favorite mods has a 1.2pre version \o/ to see that it got just broken by the 1564 update. :(

Cause they have a new map-open-check, I think.

Much mods now spam a "MissingFieldException: Field '.MapView.MapIsEnabled' not found."

From the changelog: "Added a map toggle interface for add-ons"

And, BTW, thank your VERY much for this mod.

Edited by Jebs_SY

Hi, I just wanted to say I'm appreciating this mod.

it seems to me that when I'm using PM's gizmo to adjust Ap or Pe the numbers aren't updating 'realtime' as they move.

if I stop the adjustment and move my mouse off the PM window the numbers update.

I just wanted to let you know.

I'm using the latest pre ksp and the latest PM versions (as of the time of this post)

22 hours ago, Morse said:

I recompile the plugin and it seem to work now. No idea what have changed. The new dll was the byte-to-byte same size than the old one. The release zip-file differs for 3 bytes, so I guess something has changed :)

"MapView.MapIsEnabled" used to be a field and is now a property, so the code still works the same way, but the bytecode is different.

On 4.10.2016 at 1:03 PM, C04L said:

it seems to me that when I'm using PM's gizmo to adjust Ap or Pe the numbers aren't updating 'realtime' as they move.
if I stop the adjustment and move my mouse off the PM window the numbers update.
I'm using the latest pre ksp and the latest PM versions (as of the time of this post)

I can say that I have the same issues.

Edited by Jebs_SY

@Morse

Clickthroughs are awfull, however precise maneuver usage is really cut by not seeing the AP/PE changing when fiddling around.
Could you make do is as setting like I've seen it on other mods ("prevent clicktrough"), or maybe as button on the main window to make it switchable? At least as setting would be nice. Button even more.
I think I would prefer accepting clicktroughs, but being able to see the AP/PE change when working with precise maneuver.

First of all, you can see AP/PE in the precise maneuver itself, if you enable "orbit info" module. And second, I really hope squad will fix this input lock bug (which it is, input lock shouldn't prevent UI from updating).

Thanks for explaining Morse. I understand and thank you.

I dunno what clickthroughs are but I guess they are bad. at least you know and are keeping an eye on it. glad youl fix it when 'input lock' is fixed (whatever that is ;-p)

17 minutes ago, C04L said:

I dunno what clickthroughs are but I guess they are bad. at least you know and are keeping an eye on it. glad youl fix it when 'input lock' is fixed (whatever that is ;-p)

Clickthrough is where you click a button on a gui window and that click also selects the orbit behind the button you just clicked. Unity, instead of forcing you to turn it on when you want it (which should be never :)) seems to enforce it with an iron hand.

At least in my extremely limited modding experience that's the case. All my GUIs have clickthrough because I can't find a way to make it stop.

50 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

All my GUIs have clickthrough because I can't find a way to make it stop.

KSP itself uses an Input Lock mechanism (KSP class InputLockManager) to prevent that. And I even wrote a simple mod to test various input locks: Input Lock Tester

Edited by Morse

1 hour ago, Ginlucks said:

it doesnt works on 1.1.3 :(

I'm pretty sure it does if you download the correct version.  The OP has an update log which states that the most recent version, 2.2, is for 1.2 pre.  The download page also makes this pretty clear as well. Try downloading 2.1. 

On 8/10/2016 at 1:58 AM, Tarheel1999 said:

I'm pretty sure it does if you download the correct version.  The OP has an update log which states that the most recent version, 2.2, is for 1.2 pre.  The download page also makes this pretty clear as well. Try downloading 2.1. 

I am sorry, during loading it says that it doesnt work however it works during the game!

11 hours ago, Ginlucks said:

I am sorry, during loading it says that it doesnt work however it works during the game!

It may may seem to work, but most probably will fail at some point. It is a very very bad idea to use the plugin with the unsupported version of KSP.

• 2 weeks later...

HI, don't know if this already known but i found something weird using ksp 1.2 on linux with PM 2.2-pre.

The text with the "flags" in map screen don't update while the mouse is over the PM window and you adjust the node.

This is a bit vague so let me explain a bit.

Let's say ship is in orbit, you want to raise the Pe so you make a maneuver node on the Ap. You give some prograde vector. Then you click with right mouse on the "resulting Pe" flag on the orbit line so the text stays on screen. If you adjust the maneuver node from the "gizmo" on the orbit line, then that text with the resulting Pe gets updated right away.

But if you adjust that node using the Precise Maneuver window, then the text does not update until you move the mouse cursor out of the PM window.

This also happens with the An & Dn.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.