Jetpack challenge!

Hello everyone!  I know I'm new around here, but I was thinking last night, and I had a challenge!  Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you.... The jet pack challenge!  So, how does this work?  Well, as you all know, when a Kerbal goes on an EVA, he has RCS thrusters on his suit.  My challenge to you is to see how far you can make it with them!  To another planet?  It's all about patience.  Now, since we will be starting on Kerbin, to be able to lift off, you must press Alt+F12 to open the cheats menu.  From there you click "Hack Gravity" and "Infinite EVA fuel"!  It seems like cheating, but it is necessary for the challenge.  See what cool places you can get!  Rules: 

1.  You can go... Anywhere!  A cool mountain on Kerbin, space, you could even try to get to another planet!

2.  Absolutely NO hyperedit.  No exceptions.

3.  Easter eggs are worth bonus points!

4.  You get more points the further you get from the KSC.

Have fun, and fly far!

Ju5mYPM.jpg

1 hour ago, Triop said:

So Snowstorm... how far did you get your Kerbal ?

I got mine into LKO, and also explored a bunch of cool places on the planet!  Be sure not to drop into the water though, then you can't activate it again til you reach land!

On 12/24/2015 at 9:59 PM, cantab said:

Cheating should not be needed. Pushing a command pod around allows refills. If ladder lifters still work you can climb off Kerbin.

Ok, I'll edit the post.  Cheating is allowed, but not reccomended.

18 hours ago, 322997am said:

I think you should be able to HE your ship to 80km orbit but it's only jet pack after that.

Does HE stand for HyperEdit?  If so, I'm reluctant to say yes, so let's say you can get a ship up to orbit without hyperedit, and then only jetpack.

7 hours ago, Snowstorm said:

Does HE stand for HyperEdit?  If so, I'm reluctant to say yes, so let's say you can get a ship up to orbit without hyperedit, and then only jetpack.

Yes HE is hyperedit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.