Sandbox Mode with Science Tracking

JPurp

I just started a new game in 1.0.5 and I was faced with a decision, Sandbox, Science or Career.

I ruled out career because I didn't want to HAVE to do contracts or to deal with funding. 

I like Science but the thought of grinding the same low level items AGAIN just to open up new parts is too much. I just can't do that again.

What I am looking for is Sandbox but with Science still being tracked. This would give me goals to work towards and a way to measure my progress. It also helps with mods I may want to use that don't properly support Science/Career mode.  

Just wondering if anyone else was looking for the same or if anyone has seen a mod that might fill this gap?

Edited by JPurp

Expanding on the above: give yourself a lot of funds and science; fully upgrade the R&D building, and research every tech. Then, open your cheat menu again, and remove all the science you didn't spend, and most of the funds (leave some for initial launches). There you go, beginning game with all parts unlocked!

Works on science mode too, if you just ignore everything about funds.

Edited by monstah

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.