video help

steuben

I'm working to put together a video. But I need help with the shots as I go along.

is one of the shots. I am going to have to reshoot it to get rid of the jerkiness, probably triple out the shot length and then speed it up to get the length in the final piece.

But does the shot work or do I need to rethink it?

It's a popular shot, and is generally very effective. Always a good start :)

Just a couple things:

1. Like @Vanamonde said, shorten the time between the start and the appearance of the ship

2. To get rid of the jerkiness and make your life easier, you could try Better Timewarp. It gives you the ability to slow down time using physical time-warp, so you can then speed it up in the video-editing. Also gives you more time to react to things :P http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/77565-105-bettertimewarp-v22-customizable-time-warp-and-lossless-physics-warp/

3. To get rid of the green highlighting, you can turn it off using the stock bug fixes mod. It's a good idea, because seeing them can break the immersion :) http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87737-ksp-v105-stock-bug-fix-modules-release-v105a3-27-dec-15/

Keep going at it!

When I lay in the audio I think the appearance will match up with a tune change... or at least it will when I'm done with it. *scribbles a note*

Any suggestions on how to shoot a horizontal space plane launch?

• 2 weeks later...

As MrMeeb said better time warp and post editing, would be a great for crafts of that size. Also KerbCam and Camera Tools are irreplaceable when it comes to cinematic shots. The other is film the same sequence from multiple angles. Then you can switch between your shots for a more immersive feeling. For instance, the shot you did. just move the camera to different angles and film again. Then you can switch between or even repeat camera angles at different time stamps. We as the audience won't realize the ship has moved from it's previous spot in space if you use another angle. Also watch lots of videos from other guys to get some ideas, and don't be afraid to ask them specific questions about how they got a specific shot.

• 3 years later...

WLlyjLM.gif

What kind of transition(s) should I be using here? Right now I'm laying the images side by side on the editing sequence. 

I had thought of doing a wipe for each orbital track... which might be a lot of work but may be worth it.

Any suggestions?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.