People who joined back in 2011: are any of you still here?

Panichio

Revisiting this topic, I've been playing KSP since at-least version 0.11, which was released in October of 2011 since I recall becoming super hyped when the Mun was added as well as the first vectoring engine the LV-T45, which marks the release of v0.13. After landing on the mun with souposphere air, "if you look at it wrong it will explode" part physics, no landing legs, RCS, SAS, or parts wider than 1.25m, I took a break from KSP for about half a year when it separated into demo and paid versions. I got bored one afternoon and remembered playing KSP, looked it up, and upon being greeted with an entire solar system having been added in my leave I broke down and bought version 0.21. Boy am I glad that I did.

I recall browsing the forum in the very very early days of the forum from our schools library, but I haven't been able to login since, and all the moderators say that there was never an account under my old email alias meaning I either must have been browsing not logged in or I created the account shortly before the "great forum massacre of 2012" and the account was deleted when much account data was lost in an unexpected server issue. Either way, I've been around the metaphorical block. :)

First version I ever played was 0.7, which -- I remember very distinctly -- didn't have the symmetry function. 0.8 came along very shortly after I started playing, though, which was good because playing without a symmetry function made designing rockets a giant hassle. That would've been early summer 2011 sometime; I registered on the forums on July 18, 2011, but that was after I'd been playing for a bit.

Edited by foamyesque

Relative newbie I think, given I was hit by the forum Kraken & had to reregister ( originally joined sometime in 2012 but obviously late ). I remember the forums being at least as busy back then though, nothing much has changed there even though the game is just a little different...

I joined in late '11 or '12, I think. While I may not be necessarily a '11er, I am still a real veteran (I think). I don't remember a "Forum Massacre" so I'm probably a '12er or I re-created my account and forgot it.

Played KSP since version 0.12. Oh...the good old times... I recall the feeling of joy and accomplishment when I did my first mun landing and returned. The game was of course not as interesting and today (no EVA's, only part mods, only Kerbin and Mun, no docking, only a single vessel) but somehow more fun. I would call that "classic KSP". By the way, several versions of KSP ranging from 0.7.2 to 0.13 (because KSP was free at that time) are avaliable for download for anybody who is nostalgic. At that time, Kerbonauts were real men (only the Original Tree at that time; Jeb, Bill and Bob) and not some randomly-generated clones who wear silver suits and there was no such thing as MechJeb which let you fly to Eeloo with the click of a single button (wait...Eeloo didn't exist back there) but when you needed some physics and maths knowledge and most importantly, a bit of luck, to fly to the Mun (which was one of the only opportiunities for more or less complex missions at that time).

BTW, there should also be some part mods from that time lying around. Prior to 0.15 or so (I think) the main part mods were Silisko Edition (by the former member and admin NovaSilisko) and SundayPunch. Today, these two parts packs are united in the pack "NovaPunch". So...every time you slap that giant tank onto your rocket or choose that capsule built from scrap paper by pirates, remember that it has a long history.

Edited by MedwedianPresident

• 6 months later...
28 minutes ago, KerbalCosmonaut said:

if someone likes old ksp i have the link.

Hello,

You didn't say exactly what version you meant.  Just to be clear:

If anyone wants one of the free versions of KSP (i.e. really really old), you can download them right here:

But anything after that, isn't free and can't legally be shared.  Doing so would constitute software piracy-- please don't do it, or even discuss doing it.  That's a strict forum rule (see 2.2.a).  Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.