Matt Lowne's SSTO Emporium

Matt Lowne

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Commander223323 said:

This is all stock right? How do you install. Do you just download like how you download a mod?

Install? Not really. Just download the .craft file and move it into the SPH in the ships folder or ships folder of the save you want it in

I have a Challence for you:)

Normal mode:get to 50 km using ONLY jet engines

Hard mode:Get into a sub orbital flight using ONLY jet engines

Super mode:Get to orbit using only jet engines

Rules:

NO HIPERHEDIT OR CHEATS
Needs to be STOCK

Your craft needs to have only jet engines.There cant be a single rocket engine on the craft

Edit:The only fuel used is liquid fuel.

Have fun:D

Edited by KerbolExplorer

6 hours ago, KerbolExplorer said:

I have a Challence for you:)

Normal mode:get to 50 km using ONLY jet engines

Hard mode:Get into a sub orbital flight using ONLY jet engines

Super mode:Get to orbit using only jet engines

Rules:

NO HIPERHEDIT OR CHEATS
Needs to be STOCK

Your craft needs to have only jet engines.There cant be a single rocket engine on the craft

Have fun:D

Doesn't that seem impossi -- ...wait

Spoiler

Use Vernor RCS nozzles

On 12/05/2017 at 3:42 AM, Joseph Kerman said:

Doesn't that seem impossi -- ...wait

Reveal hidden contents

Use Vernor RCS nozzles

It didn't say a stable orbit. Not sure what the highest atmospheric top speed is, but it might be close to orbital velocities

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:42 AM, KerbolExplorer said:

why arent you using 1.3

Well didn't 1.3 just come out 1 or 2 weeks ago? You have to wait for certain mods to update and it takes time to update craft. Also since it just came out, some recordings may be from before 1.3. And some people like to wait awhile before updating.

Fire

14 hours ago, Swaycuisway said:

How do I use these SSTOs in game? Like do I need to place the file in the games files or something?

On 5/4/2017 at 6:28 PM, qzgy said:

Just download the .craft file and move it into the SPH in the ships folder or ships folder of the save you want it in

Then play around with it. It should show up in the load craft in the SPH

Edited by qzgy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Are there any ships here that have a mark 3 back bay door? I am planning to use the buffalo ground vehicle system to support a Mun base. The buffalo system can fit into the mark 3 bay. So i was just thinking an SSTO would be good way to get the vehicle to the surface. All i need is a spacecraft with the back door to back it out!:)

4 hours ago, Avery616 said:

Are there any ships here that have a mark 3 back bay door? I am planning to use the buffalo ground vehicle system to support a Mun base. The buffalo system can fit into the mark 3 bay. So i was just thinking an SSTO would be good way to get the vehicle to the surface. All i need is a spacecraft with the back door to back it out!:)

If the shameless self-promotion in someone else's thread is permitted, I have a mk3 interplanetary cargo plane with a rear ramp. It can carry something like 40 tons to Laythe, but it needs to be refueled for the return trip (only 3,3k deltav when in kerbin orbit). Ofc fitting ISRU capability into that 40 tons of cargo isn't too hard.

https://kerbalx.com/Korsakovski/Asgard-AX

6 hours ago, Korsakovski said:

If the shameless self-promotion in someone else's thread is permitted, I have a mk3 interplanetary cargo plane with a rear ramp. It can carry something like 40 tons to Laythe, but it needs to be refueled for the return trip (only 3,3k deltav when in kerbin orbit). Ofc fitting ISRU capability into that 40 tons of cargo isn't too hard.

https://kerbalx.com/Korsakovski/Asgard-AX

Thanks for the help. This will definitely help with cargo and parts delivery to the base.:)

On 13/08/2017 at 11:06 AM, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@Matt Lowne Why did you stop adding your SSTOs here and just put the dl link in the video description instead?

I keep meaning to update the main image in this thread, just keep forgetting about it. I'll do it eventually!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey matt, ive seen a mission by hazodish...I think were he does every thing backwards! thus you being the god of SSTO's, hers a challenge, fly a SSTo with backwards stuff, like this one from NASA

X-29_in_Banked_Flight.jpg

or from Russia,

su-47_013.jpg

:D plz do it!!! ive tried yet the wings kept on breaking, even with mods such as B9 procedural wings, or kerbal joint reenforcements.

Edited by Abpilot

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.