Go For Launch - Cooperative RO/RSS/RP-0 - About to start!

NathanKell

Just now, NathanKell said:

Both of you, please post your logs on the RP-0 thread and I'll try to get you sorted. :)

I will tomorrow! I'll to reintall it all via the magic of ckan tomorrow. Who knows maybe it will work!

37 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

Both of you, please post your logs on the RP-0 thread and I'll try to get you sorted.

As I said:

51 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Well, I tried to download it but the loading process of KSP hung when it got to Lack's SXT, a requirement. I plan to help out differently, by helping with concepts, construction, ideas, etc. That's if I can, of course. I also develop multiple launchers, that don't require RP-0's recommended parts. I have two very effective launcher series that I'm developing on. So if I can help in that way, that's nice.

Anyways, I'm gonna try to download RP-0 again. Then I'll have a chance to participate here.

33 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

And choose the 2048 RSS textures, just in case.

How low quality are they, though? What will happen if I keep playing with 4096 RSS textures?

Edited by Matuchkin

@ThaZeus that makes sense, yep.

@Matuchkin yep, but no matter what happens, KSP makes a log. See the sticky in the Support (Modded) forum on how to find the log, if you have trouble finding it. Regarding installing other things, I said suggested, not recommended. CKAN will auto-select the recommended mods. I am saying don't select any of the extra suggested mods (like FASA or AIES or...). If you are on linux, then get the 8192s. If you are on Windows, then the 4096s will work if you (a) launch in -force-opengl mode or -force-direct3d11 mode, and (b) don't install extra packs (per above, no suggesteds). If you are on Mac...you may have to use the 2048s, dunno.

1 minute ago, Matuchkin said:

Wait! What do you mean "Do not install any reccomended mods"? Procedural tanks and fairings are two of them, and I can't play without them!:0.0:

You do want the recommended mods.  Just not the suggested mods.

5 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

I am saying don't select any of the extra suggested mods (like FASA or AIES or...)

In that case, please elaborate on your limitations. Should I just not install those mods from that link? Or should I uninstall them right now, because I have them, and they are extremely fundamental for my rockets.

I'm quite sure I have to remove them. I'm going to try to create a copy of KSP 1.0.5.

Edited by Matuchkin

I am trying to prevent your crashing. SXT alone does not add much in the way of memory usage (that's the point, it *re* uses textures), so that is not the cause.

Also, in order for other people to be able to play along, and so those with less fortunate setups can still take part, we will not be using part packs beyond what RP-0 (and RO) themselves require. So while you're welcome to have FASA etc on your on own install, Go For Launch won't be using FASA etc parts.

2 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

I am trying to prevent your crashing. SXT alone does not add much in the way of memory usage (that's the point, it *re* uses textures), so that is not the cause.

Also, in order for other people to be able to play along, and so those with less fortunate setups can still take part, we will not be using part packs beyond what RP-0 (and RO) themselves require. So while you're welcome to have FASA etc on your on own install, Go For Launch won't be using FASA etc parts.

Okay, so I won't use those parts in my KSP ships. Thanks. That means I have to ask: is there a stock RL-10 available?

Edited by Matuchkin

7 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

Yep! And LR79/89/105/H-1/RS-27, AJ10, XLR81, and (via SXT and Ven's) RD-107/108/0105/9, RD-58, etc. All the major food groups.

That is very good. All my second stages run on the RL... 60...

Wait, uhh...

(T's okay. I can still use the AJ10 though.)

Edited by Matuchkin

14 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Both of you, please post your logs on the RP-0 thread and I'll try to get you sorted. :)

Sorry for quoting this three times in a row. But I can't find the RP-0 thread you referred to. Assuming it's not the mod thread itself, is it the Real Space Program thread? Just clarifying, because I do not want to get this wrong.

Edited by Matuchkin

1. I tried to read about how to get a log, but it takes quite a bit of time (along with the fact that my game takes an extremely long time to load) to do it. Is it absolutely mandatory? Are there any alternatives? I'm going to do it eventually, but I'm just asking this out of interest.

2. Should I get remotetech? If I'm correct, I see you use it.

Anyway, I'm quite done with everything, and RP-0 seems to work just fine. Just the logs left.

3. How much should I contribute to the thread? What am I supposed to do? I just need a small description of that, as I usually do not have time (especially for playing the game, though I may have more time during March Break). How lightly can I contribute?

*EDIT* Oh wait. I'm an imbecile. The logs were to help with the downloading.

Edited by Matuchkin

I got RP-0, but it was extremely problematic. I am currently trying to sort out what happened to my KSP.

Anyway, I'm without RP-0 again, and will re-install it later.

So, once I get RP-0, how do I start and what thread does the activity take place in?

Thank you for bearing through my increasing barrage of questions, by the way. I understand this is getting a little ridiculous. :)

Edited by Matuchkin

Tried to load the craft files from GitHub on the new install with only RSS/RO/RP-0 and their requirements but a lot of parts are missing. Can you write the mod list you used or make a CKAN export file with all of them?

EDIT: Installed also all recommended mods and now it's ok

Edited by Blue_Eagle7

if there's still room for someone else, I'm definitely in !!!! I am on GMT-3 tho so I don't know if that will be an issue...

I am very familiar with RSS/RO/RP-0 and would love to design/fly boosters or payloads! :)

also got a pretty Linux64 1.0.5 RSS/RO/RP-0 build w/ 8192 textures and @pingopete 's RVE running on a good pc (i7 4790k / gtx980 / 32gb RAM) - just to let you know if its needed to stream

Edited by hypervelocity

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.