[1.2.2] Space Shuttle System new release 26.01.2017

DECQ

Hello all !
This addon adds details to build Space Shuttle in KSP.
First of all it is worth noting that the entire system is taken from the add-on for Orbiter2010 (Where is the original space shuttle) With the modernization of the name of SSU 3.0, with the approval of the person Urwumpe, and released under the license to GPL version 2. Since the original work, the use of texture created by Wolf for Orbiter2010 SSU 3.0

SSU: http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6821

SFPR: http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6848

image.png

11637952_m.png 11637953_m.png 11637954_m.png 

For the space shuttle in the add-on that includes a specially created for this add-on payloads, it tunnels of different types and sizes, as well as to them Spacehab two versions,EDO,Palette and Spacelab.

(Palette not has built decoupler, but may itself be disconnected from Fuselage, this use stock separator).

11637866_m.png 11637868_m.png 11637873_m.png 

The manipulator is not, so we recommend that you install this add-on Jeast.

The addon is connected to the :

RealPlume:

FX assets from hotrockets by Nazari1382

included in the Add-on:

JSI by MOARdv (earlier Mihara):

SSTULabs and KSPWheel by Shadowmage: Without its plugin Space shuttle would have been without wheels!

ASET BY ALEXUSTAS:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/116430-ivaprops-aset-props-pack-v13-for-the-modders-who-create-ivaã¢â‚¬â„¢s/

Corrections:
 0. The version is compatible with KSP 1.2.2
1. All engines now have Emissive effect
2. ET and SSRB created from scratch and do not have anything to do with SSU 3.0
3. The wings are connected in one piece
4. under the Version 1.2.2 Changed the balance of the entire system
5. IVA is now functional and has two variants cab with different props, old style and modern
6. Removed from the list Fireexcrementster and Texture Replacer, replaced WindowShine and SSTUlabs (the latter is included in the appendix)
7. Added wheels add-KSPwheel (included in appendix)
8. RCS system completely redesigned, now different nozzles have different traction
9. Removed protective cover from the top RCS
10. Connecting nodes now have an animation allowing to simulate the "soft" docking.

Moved from the Orbiter2010 in KSP: 

Dragon01

DECQ

Urged to read the SSS video from Hellblazer!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK2cWGyvNysO-BFiM6shm1w

Here are just a few examples of his remarkable work.

SPACEDOCK LINK:

http://spacedock.info/mod/1178/Space Shuttle System?noedit=True

Edited by DECQ

37 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

The SSP created by Mike_NZ does all of this and more, and still works. Why rip a thing from orbiter, when you could do so many other things.

The SSP is still based off of the old Component Space Shuttle model, this new model looks much nicer. Work on the SSP has also slowed considerably, and DECQ has already created a beautiful Buran pack so why not add more variety of shuttles to the community?

This shuttle looks beautiful DECQ with the addons nicely textured! I shall be promoting this for my Historic Missions contract pack in future!

7 hours ago, Whitecat106 said:

The SSP is still based off of the old Component Space Shuttle model, this new model looks much nicer. Work on the SSP has also slowed considerably, and DECQ has already created a beautiful Buran pack so why not add more variety of shuttles to the community?

This shuttle looks beautiful DECQ with the addons nicely textured! I shall be promoting this for my Historic Missions contract pack in future!

I would like to point out that the CSS was also from orbiter originally. Both that and the SSU in orbiter are the same parts, they originally came from the shuttle models nasa released publically. The textures here are far superior though and the model updates are great, but it is worth pointing out that they both come from the same source originally.

Edited by raidernick

10 hours ago, DarthVader said:

Take back most of what I said after Dragon_01 came and yelled at me. Could you put this mod on SpaceDock? I don't trust Dropbox.

Why do not you believe in Dropbox,? it works very well. :\

9 hours ago, DarthVader said:

@DEC can you add more payloads like the spin stabilized Huges 400?

If he has enough not payload remember that first of all it is the first version, and secondly to start the payload can be simple stock parts, or all that is placed in Fuselage. :)

3 hours ago, lextacy said:

can you make a working Canadarm? Those other packs are not compatible with 1.0.5 .

Canadarm work, just remove the Mini AVC plug-in folder, Canadarm has dependencies on other add-on (read on the author's page), but he is always in working condition.

2 hours ago, raidernick said:

I would like to point out that the CSS was also from orbiter originally. Both that and the SSU in orbiter are the same parts, they originally came from the shuttle models nasa released publically. The textures here are far superior though and the model updates are great, but it is worth pointing out that they both come from the same source originally.

Pointed out that the shuttle Orbiter2010 initially.

getting a lot of sideways torque when rolling the shuttle to nose up position post atmosphere entry, slewed really far off. Very difficult to control on reentry, how much monoprop do you reccomend still having, as my troubles were with a nearly full tank.

Edited by DarthVader

also getting random structural failures on the pad or shortly after launch, once a wing fell off on the pad. later, the starboard SRM structurally failed its attachment point to the starboard decoupler. also, the vertical stab/parachute part is causing an interestingly high amount of drag, pushing the shuttle off course,(checked using the fn-12 aero forces indicator).

Edited by DarthVader

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for updating this pack!
Anyway I feel that this Shuttle has too few SAS, it's a bit difficult to fly in atmosphere without it and in space without RCS shuttle does not move (or just a little). Lights are ok, I would add one for the cabin windows. Wheels are fixed (but that's ok), spins out of control when reentering

Edited by trooperMNG

I get this strange texture behaviour, where the fuselage and the cockpit becomes black when viewed from a distance. I actually have to be very close ( maybe 30 ft) in order to see the good textures. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

3 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

Thanks for updating this pack!
Anyway I feel that this Shuttle has too few SAS, it's a bit difficult to fly in atmosphere without it and in space without RCS shuttle does not move (or just a little). Lights are ok, I would add one for the cabin windows. Wheels are fixed (but that's ok), spins out of control when reentering

Yes, it's hard to land, Dragon said that to make a tutorial planting, but for version 1.1.
Sorry I brought it to Unity 5, but how to do animation, "including light window" did not understand. :D

1 hour ago, Klungi said:

I get this strange texture behaviour, where the fuselage and the cockpit becomes black when viewed from a distance. I actually have to be very close ( maybe 30 ft) in order to see the good textures. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Oddly, perhaps, you are putting too low a setting? I have not encountered such a problem, look at the model.

57 minutes ago, DECQ said:

Yes, it's hard to land, Dragon said that to make a tutorial planting, but for version 1.1.
Sorry I brought it to Unity 5, but how to do animation, "including light window" did not understand. :D

Oddly, perhaps, you are putting too low a setting? I have not encountered such a problem, look at the model.

Dragon is still alive? LOL
Anyway thank you very much DECQ, your work on Shuttle and Soviet Parts is awesome. Keep going!

5 minutes ago, trooperMNG said:

Dragon is still alive? LOL
Anyway thank you very much DECQ, your work on Shuttle and Soviet Parts is awesome. Keep going!

Dragon did not go out of the forum, all add-ons that I put on the forum we are doing together.
Thank you for the nice words, to be continued. :)

13 hours ago, DECQ said:

I discovered the problem, it is from running the game in " -force-d3d11" mode. Some kind of texture bug pops up when you run ksp with direct x 11. It only happens with this mod though. Anyway there could be a fix for that?