Woooot 1.1 is coming soon! I hope...

Draconiator

4 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

Note the experimental (as in a select group of non-Squad getting access) hasn't been announced yet, they've just teased that it might possibly be announced this week.

Yeah, that will be Soon™, and then release will be Soon™ thereafter.

I made reference to the definition of Soon™ elsewhere -- one example I gave is that the Moon Landings happened Soon™ after the Great Pyramid at Giza was built, heh.

3 hours ago, Foxster said:

1.1 will be released on 23 March 2016. 

That would be one workday before the easter weekend.

I fully expect them to honor the holidays (the already skipped christmas); I also guess that the schedule allows for a few workdays after release to prepare a quick hotfix. Checking my calender, I can't really square away all assumptions. Either there will be only short experimentals, or no easter holiday for the devs, or no time for a hotfix, or no easter release. Something's gotta give.

Right now, I guess experimentals will be only two weeks as usual; possibly the release will (have to) be postponed until well after easter.

On 3/2/2016 at 10:55 AM, spink00 said:

With developers, saying nothing means three months. Soon... about a year.

Well, put a foot in my mouth. Soon meant soon.

On-Topic:

Every release, I begin a new career. Which means I (mostly) tidy up lose sends in old saves.  Bring the guys'n'gals home if possible, waste a bunch of money shooting a giant ball of garbage into the Sun, that sort of thing.

Because I begin anew, I get to practice the beginning stages again.  Really the beginning of the game is the most intense as I try to pack as much science and money into each launch.  I try to get to the 90's science as quickly as possible, that's where it really opens up for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.