Woooot 1.1 is coming soon! I hope...

Draconiator

To be honest, I've felt career mode has been lacking a few things so far. In preparation of 1.1 improving career mode in an incremental way, I've been perfecting my early career mode strategy. That way, as soon as 1.1 is released and I restart my career to test the improvements, I already know my first 10 or so rocket designs and tech tree unlocks so I can quickly get to my favorite part of the game -- landings on moons and other planets.

10 minutes ago, Draco T stand-up guy said:

Newbie question on this upgrade: Does it automatically upgrade through Steam?

Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer: By default, yes, but you can double-check that it will by going to your Steam library, right clicking on KSP, selecting Properties, and then examining the Updates tab.

40 minutes ago, Draco T stand-up guy said:

29 minutes ago, Xavven said:

Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer: By default, yes, but you can double-check that it will by going to your Steam library, right clicking on KSP, selecting Properties, and then examining the Updates tab.

Even longer answer: Yes, but if you want to keep your 1.0.5 game there is nothing stopping you from copying the game directory elsewhere as KSP does not contain any DRM.

Edited by severedsolo

2 hours ago, Draco T stand-up guy said:

Yes, but Steam may not see it has to update the game for some time. When you see on the forums that other people are playing 1.1 and you still have 1.0.5, restart Steam. If that doesn't help, verify the game cache. 

9 minutes ago, Renegrade said:

*cough*  Soon™

The dev blog implied that it might take a bit longer than usual...  :/

Note the experimental (as in a select group of non-Squad getting access) hasn't been announced yet, they've just teased that it might possibly be announced this week.

And, as stated, the experimental phase will likely be a bit longer than usual due to the big internal changes.

So I assume that the train is being polished, but it's not accepting passengers just yet.

Perhaps a little soon to board the hype train.

You may take a hype taxi to the train station if you like. Maybe buy yourself a nice cup of hype coffee* while you wait?

*caution: hype coffee is hot! Like, really, really hot.

Well to *cough* get back on topic *cough*

I`ll be looking at mods and making a list of mods to install as the client will be 64 bit. I plan on starting with RO, and also having FAR and DRE if it does not come with them, then I might have a look at all the part and texture mods I have not tried due to memory restrictions.

My mod list has been fairly static for the last year or so, mainly mods to make pretty, and it will be nice to have the freedom to expand it significantly.

Hype Train is not ready yet. I will start the Hype Train running only after Experimentals has actually been announced. That said, since the train has gone so very long since the last full-length, high speed voyage, I'm taking the locomotive out on a test drive to make sure it will actually work right.

23 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

Hype Train is not ready yet. I will start the Hype Train running only after Experimentals has actually been announced. That said, since the train has gone so very long since the last full-length, high speed voyage, I'm taking the locomotive out on a test drive to make sure it will actually work right.

And I'm dusting off the throttle!

23 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

And I'm dusting off the throttle!

I doubt it. The Hype Train is a steam engine with a regulator and not a throttle. At any rate it's not in the shop, it's now on the mainline going 60 hypes per hour and speeding up. It's got no need for a dusting of its regulator.

Edited by GregroxMun

2 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

No you're not. The Hype Train is a steam engine with a regulator and not a throttle. At any rate it's not in the shop, it's now on the mainline going 60 hypes per hour and speeding up. It's got no need for a dusting of its regulator.

I think throttle is more common in the US.  Either way, @Dman979, you can always dust off the reverser.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.