[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

OK, I can't help myself, one last entry. I bring you VulcaRaptor 2.0!!! It's lighter, faster, and smarter. It super-cruises and pulls 15g+ turns all day long. It STOMPS the current KOTH, which is an illegitimate b*stard child and must be removed from the throne :)

I did upload it as a new craft because I really didn't want to replace VulcaRaptor 1.0. Please let me know if this is not acceptable and I will update the vulcaraptor 1.0 entry with the new version.

https://kerbalx.com/g00bd0g/VulcaRaptor-20

Edited by g00bd0g

18 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

What JollyGreenGI said as well as as soon as your plane loads it starts doing a shimmy and flops over on one side ... I tried to get it to take off but she ain't havin none of it

I would suggest widening the front landing gear so it is stable on the ground ... the AI won't crash it as easily when trying to take off if you do this

I,m geting ready to upload the updated version with wider gears.

https://kerbalx.com/epicman352/mark-20-v2 The new and improved variant of the Mark 20 butterfly

6 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

I was thinking about using Aviator Arsenal for weapons, as 2x12.7mm seems more like inter-war period/late WW1. Early WW2 fighters had twin 20 mils (Bf-110), eight .303 cals (Early Hurricanes and Spitfires) or 4x.50 cal (Some American aircraft, the P-40 even had 6). Those numbers went up to four 30mm cannons for the Me-262, six (still) .50 cals for the Mustang and 4 20 mils for the late Spitfires and Typhoons. 

Bad-T's systems looks fun. A max of points, weapons cost their caliber in mm and engines their thrust number. This way we could have both jets and props, each with their advantages and disadvantages.

Edit: Never mind, my eyes derped and saw WW2 instead of WW1. We should mention those are fixed guns though, or can we use the turret?

No turrets. Fixed only.

5 hours ago, epicman81 said:

https://kerbalx.com/epicman352/F-20-Bat Here is my new fighter specially armed to take down the battlewing.

tested?

3 hours ago, epicman81 said:

Here is my Submission for the upcoming ASC 3 https://kerbalx.com/epicman352/mark-20-butterfly

I am not accepting submissions for ASC III until June and only when this thread is renamed to ASC-III. Feel free to share with the others though.

3 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

@inigma - Just so I am understanding the rules correctly ... Any KAX Prop engine is ok, yes?

Yes. Just no KAX airplane parts except engines only.

3 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Oh, and here I thought ASC-III was going to consist of battles fought in the air ... How do we tell who wins, who ever falls over first?

in the air. standard ASC match rules.

3 hours ago, g00bd0g said:

OK, I can't help myself, one last entry. I bring you VulcaRaptor 2.0!!! It's lighter, faster, and smarter. It super-cruises and pulls 15g+ turns all day long. It STOMPS the current KOTH, which is an illegitimate b*stard child and must be removed from the throne :)

I did upload it as a new craft because I really didn't want to replace VulcaRaptor 1.0. Please let me know if this is not acceptable and I will update the vulcaraptor 1.0 entry with the new version.

https://kerbalx.com/g00bd0g/VulcaRaptor-20

its fine. added to roster.

2 hours ago, epicman81 said:

https://kerbalx.com/epicman352/mark-20-v2 The new and improved variant of the Mark 20 butterfly

I recommend that you update your current entry as-is. When you edit your craft, you can upload a new version to the same entry, so I don't have to constantly update the OP with your version changes.

3 hours ago, Draconiator said:

I hope you like this one Jrod!!!!

Thank you man! :)

Draconiator 1

Aerodynamics 1

NotAnAimbot 2

Hill 3

KSC Island takes the Crown!

seriously though, i think we need beefier machines to process these matches. i...cant...seem...to...see...how...fast...paced...the...battle...is...except...wow...was...that..drunk...flying...or...lag...?

and is it me, but did these planes really defeat the battle-hardened Battle Doves in the previous match? it can't be!   Drac, I think your pilots partied a bit too much after your recent win.

Edited by inigma

8 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

20 BD parts maximum is a base rule. Also, not having a 3 rail 6 missile loadout wastes 3 BD parts. Those could be guns, ECM or chaff.

I'm sorry that i broke the rules, but it's not that big of a deal to have 2 rails over the limit. I'm in any case not going to upload the same aircraft to kerbalx, but with a missile rail mising :/

2 hours ago, inigma said:

Draconiator 1

Aerodynamics 1

NotAnAimbot 2

Hill 3

KSC Island takes the Crown!

seriously though, i think we need beefier machines to process these matches. i...cant...seem...to...see...how...fast...paced...the...battle...is...except...wow...was...that..drunk...flying...or...lag...?

and is it me, but did these planes really defeat the battle-hardened Battle Doves in the previous match? it can't be!   Drac, I think your pilots partied a bit too much after your recent win.

Maybe for ASC Match Hosters a requirement can be to own a PC capable of doing >25 FPS average during the match? 

5 hours ago, Bananders said:

I'm sorry that i broke the rules, but it's not that big of a deal to have 2 rails over the limit. I'm in any case not going to upload the same aircraft to kerbalx, but with a missile rail mising :/

But it is a big deal since your craft doesn't fall within the restrictions placed upon the competitors by the rules that have been established ... Everyone else who has been competing has designed to fit within the restrictions so whether the extra rails add or detract from your crafts chances of winning is moot seeing as your craft is breaking a rule for entry into the competition

1 hour ago, Bananders said:

i did it anyway
https://kerbalx.com/Bananders/Crown-22-Flapjack
2 rails with 3 aim-120's each, and a single radar. Should fix it

See above

10 hours ago, epicman81 said:

Mind if I use your craft for testing?

31 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

But it is a big deal since your craft doesn't fall within the restrictions placed upon the competitors by the rules that have been established ... Everyone else who has been competing has designed to fit within the restrictions so whether the extra rails add or detract from your crafts chances of winning is moot seeing as your craft is breaking a rule for entry into the competition

i uploaded an improved version that has 19 bd-parts

i did it anyway

^^

8 hours ago, inigma said:

No turrets. Fixed only.

tested?

I am not accepting submissions for ASC III until June and only when this thread is renamed to ASC-III. Feel free to share with the others though.

Yes. Just no KAX airplane parts except engines only.

in the air. standard ASC match rules.

its fine. added to roster.

I recommend that you update your current entry as-is. When you edit your craft, you can upload a new version to the same entry, so I don't have to constantly update the OP with your version changes.

I have tested it

54 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

See above

Mind if I use your craft for testing?

You may use my craft for testing

1 minute ago, epicman81 said:

You may use my craft for testing

She doesn't want to take off under AI control ... Just gets bouncy and crashes shortly after launch

Perhaps change your traction settings on all your wheels to 'overide' and then set the damper and springs to 2 ... also turn off all steering so that the wheels don't try to correct for orientation drift

Hi all, I've been meaning to have a go at this since inigma came up with it. I have a beefy Linux PC (built a Haswell-E i7-5820k machine last year, and the move to Unity 5 means the extra cores are paying off!) too - I may be able to help on the hosting front now and then.

A question - do the Mk22 cockpits count as a BD Armory part towards the 20 part cap? As they're equipped with a radar, that would seem fair.

I'm currently looking for the most recent version of the current king - the Draconiator on the OP doesn't seem to have the right settings, it flies like it's on LSD, has no flares and crashes often?

8 hours ago, Bananders said:

actually the rails limit forces players to limit their other options in ASC II. in ASC V we might consider removing the rails limit.

6 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Maybe for ASC Match Hosters a requirement can be to own a PC capable of doing >25 FPS average during the match? 

Agreed.

3 hours ago, Bananders said:

i did it anyway

2 per rail pls.

this is what i meant, sorry for the confusion
52Agzgk.png

interesting. it passes. added to roster. pls don't change your craft link, just update your KerbalX craft and it will automatically comply.

1 hour ago, epicman81 said:

@inigma Do not enter the mark 20 that is for the next series The new plane I am entering is the f20 bat https://kerbalx.com/epicman352/F-20-Bat

added

37 minutes ago, colmo said:

Hi all, I've been meaning to have a go at this since inigma came up with it. I have a beefy Linux PC (built a Haswell-E i7-5820k machine last year, and the move to Unity 5 means the extra cores are paying off!) too - I may be able to help on the hosting front now and then.

A question - do the Mk22 cockpits count as a BD Armory part towards the 20 part cap? As they're equipped with a radar, that would seem fair.

I'm currently looking for the most recent version of the current king - the Draconiator on the OP doesn't seem to have the right settings, it flies like it's on LSD, has no flares and crashes often?

welcome @colmo !  mk22 cockpit counts as a BDA part, yes.  Not sure whats up with the current KOTH. im a bit embarrassed i lost to it in its current state. heh.

2 hours ago, colmo said:

They do count as a part. I don't think they have radar.

1 hour ago, g00bd0g said:

They do count as a part. I don't think they have radar.

They do, the CFG of the part has the radar module code, I think the same as the nose radome.

My testing against the F-2X SP is going even better than the Battlewing Duo. I'm getting some weird bugs, with battle aftermaths finishing on a stuck camera angle, unable to switch or leave the current craft.

12 minutes ago, colmo said:

They do, the CFG of the part has the radar module code, I think the same as the nose radome.

My testing against the F-2X SP is going even better than the Battlewing Duo. I'm getting some weird bugs, with battle aftermaths finishing on a stuck camera angle, unable to switch or leave the current craft.

Weird, I never saw functional radar in the vulcaraptor f22 command pod without the inline radome added. More investigation is needed. Perhaps I've had an extra BDA part and 1/3t mass for no good reason, ;p

I have the same dang bug!!! The only work-around I have found is to F9 and start over. Let me know if you figure it out :)

49 minutes ago, g00bd0g said:

Weird, I never saw functional radar in the vulcaraptor f22 command pod without the inline radome added. More investigation is needed. Perhaps I've had an extra BDA part and 1/3t mass for no good reason, ;p

I have the same dang bug!!! The only work-around I have found is to F9 and start over. Let me know if you figure it out :)

Have you tried clearing the input lock stack through the debug menu?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.