[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

1 minute ago, epicman81 said:

they put up a good fight

Hardest thing was dropping the weight so the A7 engine could pull it properly. Managed to get the plane down to 1.77 tonnes fully fuelled and loaded.

3 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Hardest thing was dropping the weight so the A7 engine could pull it properly. Managed to get the plane down to 1.77 tonnes fully fuelled and loaded.

My solution: "SPEED AND POWER!!!!"- Jeremy Clarkson.

Edited by epicman81

Just now, epicman81 said:

Yeah, that works.

My solution was: SLK

Small, Light, Kompact (just like the Mercedes Benz SLK 230)

2 minutes ago, epicman81 said:

the only thing with speed and power is that it's just that much easier to hit enemy bullets faster...and harder. :P

Edited by inigma

Just now, epicman81 said:

will you do more tomorrow?

I'm in another city tomorrow. so no. maybe Tuesday. I want to finish them this week as I fly out of state this next weekend.

6 hours ago, inigma said:

Well fought! I was rootin' :D

Appreciate that! And thanks for restarting after my 2 planes were....um....er....piloted by rookies. :P

That's the risk of running a super tight formation I guess.

Congratulations to the current KOTH. You did well.

9 hours ago, inigma said:

TorchedForever  is the new top reigning King of the Hill at 3 wins. He deserves a day of reign. :)

2 hours ago, GDJ said:

Congratulations to the current KOTH. You did well.

Well, thanks guys! I didn't expect the Volante to survive this long. GDJ, your Super Bees had me worried, that second round showed how vulnerable the Volante is to the bullet joust.

2 hours ago, TorchedForever said:

Well, thanks guys! I didn't expect the Volante to survive this long. GDJ, your Super Bees had me worried, that second round showed how vulnerable the Volante is to the bullet joust.

Beware my planes

8 hours ago, TorchedForever said:

Yeah, they're pretty aggressive, but the biggest flaw they have (and I was well aware of this going into the ASC III tournament) is that they just can't take a hit. One bullet is pretty much instakill unless it's a very light graze. They're just built that light and minimal.

So I had a choice: Slower, heavier, can take a few hits but get hit alot more often OR Light, quick, can't take much for hits but be able to deliver alot of shots and not get hit at all or at least very little.

It almost worked. 

Edited by GDJ

1 hour ago, GDJ said:

Yeah, they're pretty aggressive, but the biggest flaw they have (and I was well aware of this going into the ASC III tournament) is that they just can't take a hit. One bullet is pretty much instakill unless it's a very light graze. They're just built that light and minimal.

So I had a choice: Slower, heavier, can take a few hits but get hit alot more often OR Light, quick, can't take much for hits but be able to deliver alot of shots and not get hit at all or at least very little.

It almost worked. 

Again SPEED AND POWER 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.