Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

Something regarding scanning for Kethane... If it turns out having multiple scanners operating at the same time doesn't work, would it be possible for the scanner to have "beams" like the ISA MapSat. This way it wouldn't just a line one pixel wide going across the map. The map could also be slightly bigger.

A slight bug occured when I switched from my scanning satellite to another craft and back. As expected, the thing was still beeping, although it had minimized the Kethane Controller panel. Nothing big, just thought you might want to look into this if you have time amongst the bigger changes to the pack.

Also, do you have any ETA for Kethane 1.0? I couldn't wait for the next update so I downloaded Kethane and am very excited to start drilling for Kethane on the Mun. I've already got a satellite on a polar orbit around the Mun looking for deposits.

Just wanted to reply that Kethane is an amazing plugin. I would go so far as to say it is the single greatest plugin for KSP as it offers a point to all this. Setting up refueling bases, searching for kethane pockets.

I did want to note that I am currently experiencing a bug. I am unable to return to the spacecenter during a flight. The button clicks but nothing happens. I never had this issue before the kethane plugin. Right now I must just quit ksp and then start it back up again to change flights.

Keep up the good work!

Just wanted to reply that Kethane is an amazing plugin. I would go so far as to say it is the single greatest plugin for KSP as it offers a point to all this. Setting up refueling bases, searching for kethane pockets.

I did want to note that I am currently experiencing a bug. I am unable to return to the spacecenter during a flight. The button clicks but nothing happens. I never had this issue before the kethane plugin. Right now I must just quit ksp and then start it back up again to change flight

Keep up the good work!

Yeah, a lot of people is experiencing the same problem. But it has been posted the same thing 10 times *estimative* on the thread, so can you read some pages? Maybe you can find the fix.

Yeah, a lot of people is experiencing the same problem. But it has been posted the same thing 10 times *estimative* on the thread, so can you read some pages? Maybe you can find the fix.

I actually just found a fix, atleast for myself. My game was getting extremely full of debris so I wanted to start over with a kethane plan. I deleted my "saves" data (persistent.sfs and quicksave.sfs) and a handful of my ships.

Loaded up a new game of ksp and now everything seems to be working fine. No issues.

Great pack but the ion engine just don't want to work with me. I have all the plugins but the engine doesn't do anything, it's like its not there, or it is completely underpowered and it can't make a simple transfer to the mun. Help! :(

Great pack but the ion engine just don't want to work with me. I have all the plugins but the engine doesn't do anything, it's like its not there, or it is completely underpowered and it can't make a simple transfer to the mun. Help! :(

Currently it isn't much weaker then the regular liquid engine. I suggest you have to make your vessel lighter/smaller. Also All electrical energy elements will eventually go to the Energy Plugin. I will give link ones they incorporated our models into their package.

Hey Dani-sang ... i remember someone asking if youd add glowy parts to the Kethane pack just like with the satellites pack.

I guess youve got your concepts drawn already anyways, but if not - I think Decoration like vents, girders and bolts would suit an industrial tools-pack better than high-tech looking lights. At least for the drill and all those parts that got to do the dirty work ... the glow should be mostly reserved for the satellites.

Great mod, by the way. I use the satellites pack with great delight. Half of my crafts are made with parts from it. The new Fairings are god-awesome too. I think yours are the first i got that actually have a collision-model.

Oh, one last thing about the satellites-pack: That slender fuselage with those black-and-yellow hazard-stripes on it. Any chance we get a clean version of it, too? I often have situations where i could use a thin fuselage like this but the hazardstripes just dont look very good if youve got nothing to put on it.

Hey Dani-sang ... i remember someone asking if youd add glowy parts to the Kethane pack just like with the satellites pack.

I guess youve got your concepts drawn already anyways, but if not - I think Decoration like vents, girders and bolts would suit an industrial tools-pack better than high-tech looking lights. At least for the drill and all those parts that got to do the dirty work ... the glow should be mostly reserved for the satellites.

Great mod, by the way. I use the satellites pack with great delight. Half of my crafts are made with parts from it. The new Fairings are god-awesome too. I think yours are the first i got that actually have a collision-model.

Oh, one last thing about the satellites-pack: That slender fuselage with those black-and-yellow hazard-stripes on it. Any chance we get a clean version of it, too? I often have situations where i could use a thin fuselage like this but the hazardstripes just dont look very good if youve got nothing to put on it.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/13692-Mechanical-Mouse-Industries-Kethane-Payload-Packs-Released!!!?p=243876&viewfull=1#post243876

Sorry to bother, but how do i know where i am compared to the map, i noticed there's a marker in the assets but its not visible in-game, i reinstaled it atleast t 3 times now, with fresh copy of the game.. I cant seam to get it working..

Or is it just not implemented yet?

Thx for your time..

Edited by Atimed

Hey, I'm really excited by the idea of this plugin, but am curious if previous users have any tips or other mods that are suggested past the main kethane plugin to make life more intresting etc.

Here you go

Mechjeb

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/12384-PLUGIN-PART-0-16-Anatid-Robotics-MuMech-MechJeb-Autopilot-v1-9

Rovers

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/7854-PLUGIN-PART-0-16-Carts-v1-33-Ladders-Context-menus-Multi-Unit-Support

ISA Mapsat

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/9396-0-16-ISA-MapSat-Satellite-mapping-module-and-map-generation-tool-v3-1-0

@Atimed The plugin is still in development so there isn't a good option that will give you the exact location at the moment. You could make a good estimate by using the ISA Mapsat mod with it. I also think (and hope) version 1.0 of the Kethane mod isn't that far away. The mod is playable right now and if you put some effort in it you will find the kethane fields and suck them dry.

Edited by Earthpulse

Here you go

@Atimed The plugin is still in development so there isn't a good option that will give you the exact location at the moment. You could make a good estimate by using the ISA Mapsat mod with it. I also think (and hope) version 1.0 of the Kethane mod isn't that far away. The mod is playable right now and if you put some effort in it you will find the kethane fields and suck them dry.

Thx, Noted i used ISA Maps to figure out where i am, took me some time to realize that the maps are Inverted on the Y axis.. :P

Just a few hours of play and Mun will be bone dry.. :P

Awwww, thats a shame. Seems like I just missed the most important part of this topic.

Anyways. I could always do it myself - Ive got Photoshop and know how to use it. :)

What I dont know is how to get to the textures - do I need a special program?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.