Remove "wheels blocked" from ksp

123nick

is it possible too just get rid of the "wheels blocked" thing where if ur wheels appear too be blocked (even if they arent) ksp just disables them? there is no reason for this too even exist, i mean, why was it implimented in the first place? it would be as if a vehicles TWR was less than 1.0 it wouldnt even let you ignite the engines, or stage. i mean, if a wheel is on the ground then surely it should work. ill post a screenshot detailing why i dont like this clearly soon, but im wondering now if there is a way too disable it completely from happening.

edit: here is what i mean:

HsAGiDK.jpg

Edited by 123nick

I don't think it is possible to disable this, it is embedded in the internal code of the wheels. It would be possible if someone completely 'reinvents' the wheels (as in codes completely new code for the wheels that replaces the stock ones).

The wheels aren't actually blocked because they collide with the ground.  They are blocked because they collide with some other parts of the craft. This had to be done because the wheels would have destroyed the craft otherwise.
This feature seems to be a bit sensitive though currently.

I see that the wheels you used are not stock ones. From which mod are they? Maybe they are not adapted yet to work with the newest KSP version.

PS: A thread about the exact same topic was just 7 threads blow yours:

Edited by Nils277

3 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

I don't think it is possible to disable this, it is embedded in the internal code of the wheels. It would be possible if someone completely 'reinvents' the wheels (as in codes completely new code for the wheels that replaces the stock ones).

The wheels aren't actually blocked because they collide with the ground.  They are blocked because they collide with some other parts of the craft. This had to be done because the wheels would have destroyed the craft when they collided with other parts.
This feature seems to be a bit sensitive though currently.

I see that the wheels you used are not stock ones. From which mod are they? Maybe they are not adapted yet to work with the newest KSP version.

PS: A thread about the exact same topic was just 7 threads blow yours:

i tried the same thing with stock wheels, still the same problem. and they are adapted too the newest ksp version. but still, its a shame that it cant be fixed. maybe if there was some hacky way of doing it, or with a plugin maybe, but oh well. 

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

They look exactly like the "M1-A2 Grizzly" wheels from the Buffalo MSCV. According to the mod's thread, there is some issue about wheels being blocked.

3 minutes ago, J.Random said:

Really BAD idea. Unless you like krakens.

yeap. blocked wheels or krakens. pick your poision. Dialing it down by 10% can help some border line cases. 

Edited by nli2work

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dr. Jet said:

Wheel blocking has no connection with actual "WheelCollider"s and their "Kraken". It's a byproduct of sloppy "collisionEnchancer" colliders which don't match visible mesh. 

It NEEDS to be de-bugged.

It has everything to do with it. Look at where the collider are in game, not oustside it.

16 hours ago, sarbian said:

Look at where the collider are in game

How? 

BTW WheelCollider is a flat circle, it CANNOT be the reason of clipping.

Edited by Dr. Jet

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.