[KSPedia 1.9.1+] Planet Wiki v4.1 - May 20, 2020

jandcando

15 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

First download on spacedock. Today I achieved something. Feels good.:cool:

Looks very useful. Thanks.

Wow, that was fast! I literally just got done putting it up there.

Just now, NemesisBosseret said:

@jandcando awsome looking mod,  does this mod use facts of planets in game and display even Modded add in planets?    For example if I'm using planet packs like kerbol +,  OPM, extrasolar  etc.      Would be really friken cool if so... definitely need in game wiki for flight planning

I don't have variations for mods that add other planets... YET. I plan on getting that done some time this Summer. And unless I can figure out Module Manager sorcery, I don't know how I'll make it automatically see the planets installed and make pages for them. So for now, that will be a separate version of Planet Wiki that you have to download for you planet set.

Cool,  that's kinda what I was thinking ,  but just an idea I'd make it modular ,   some of the really good planet packs move planets like eelo or however it's spelled. .   I haven't had a chance yet to download it and check it out because I'm at work.  But a good tool for figuring out delta V is out there,   it's a delta V map that already compiles a few of the planet pack mods in it as a printable sheet.   But it lacks the important info like geosynchronous orbit hight and the multipliers / hight maps you got in urs for different altitudes of hi and low.      Is there any known conflicts with this? Or if you come out with an add on is there a chance it could break my game or is it totally independent of all of that?    I gotta ask because my build on ksp is kinda shaky right now and I've broken my saved games a few times already

22 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

Cool,  that's kinda what I was thinking ,  but just an idea I'd make it modular ,   some of the really good planet packs move planets like eelo or however it's spelled. .   I haven't had a chance yet to download it and check it out because I'm at work.  But a good tool for figuring out delta V is out there,   it's a delta V map that already compiles a few of the planet pack mods in it as a printable sheet.   But it lacks the important info like geosynchronous orbit hight and the multipliers / hight maps you got in urs for different altitudes of hi and low.      Is there any known conflicts with this? Or if you come out with an add on is there a chance it could break my game or is it totally independent of all of that?    I gotta ask because my build on ksp is kinda shaky right now and I've broken my saved games a few times already

I used that delta-v map as a primary source for coming up with the values on my sheet, so you will not get different numbers from the two.

This is only a KSPedia entry, not an addon, so there is 0% chance of it having compatibility issues/breaking anything. Simply no conflicts to be had!

I think that a readout for a planet's maximum distance from Kerbin would be nice to know, especially with new antennae coming up Soontm in the next KSP update. Also good for current RemoteTech users. Thoughts?

9 hours ago, jandcando said:

I think that a readout for a planet's maximum distance from Kerbin would be nice to know, especially with new antennae coming up Soontm in the next KSP update. Also good for current RemoteTech users. Thoughts?

I use RT and have gone digging for that info a number of times (short answer - yes, useful)

• 2 weeks later...

Work has begun on Planet Wiki v3! I am including readouts for a planet's min-max distance from Kerbin, so you can get to know Remote Tech dishes a little better. To be honest, I have discovered a that a lot of my assumptions about what planets certain RT dishes can reach have been completely wrong while making this, so I hope you guys find it useful. Also, I have removed the little asterisk note at the bottom of each page and replaced them with a "see delta-v notes page", where you can find useful information on what some of the values mean and where I got them.

Alright! For those who didn't see the update on SpaceDock, version 3 of Planet Wiki is out now, with two changes/additions. Firstly, there is a readout for the minimum and maximum distance that each of the planets can get from Kerbin. Secondly, I moved all of the asterisk notes at the bottom of each page to their own whole page to save some space.

Just now, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Looks awesome, and this sounds incredibly useful. Would you consider an addition for the Outer Planets Mod?

That is definitely something I want to do down the road. I feel like I need to familiarize myself with that planet set before I can make a Planet Wiki for it, though. If anything, a pack for RSS might be coming sooner. I don't really know though, it depends on what I feel like doing in a couple weeks.

This is definitely going to be in my 1.2 career.  Based on your screenshots, you need to update your Delta-V Map as it looks like the numbers are from an old version, (though there is already a KSPedia version of Kowgan's delta V map)

It would also be nice if you could include the information from LittleBlueGaming's Warp Boundaries chart.

Edited by Alshain

6 hours ago, Alshain said:

This is definitely going to be in my 1.2 career.  Based on your screenshots, you need to update your Delta-V Map as it looks like the numbers are from an old version, (though there is already a KSPedia version of Kowgan's delta V map)

It would also be nice if you could include the information from LittleBlueGaming's Warp Boundaries chart.

I'll look into updating the delta-v numbers in future releases, thanks! As for that warp boundaries chart, it already looks so tidy! LittleBlueGaming should really just upload a KSPedia version themselves. I don't have any room for more stuff on the planet pages, so I'd just be adding a new screen anyways if I included it.

Warp heights would be useful, I frequently look them up when planning orbital stations. Also, I noticed some planet images have black background while others not. I can gimp that out if you wish.

On 7/17/2016 at 10:01 AM, radonek said:

Warp heights would be useful, I frequently look them up when planning orbital stations. Also, I noticed some planet images have black background while others not. I can gimp that out if you wish.

That would be amazing! I just grabbed those images from the KSP Wiki, and the quality varies a lot there when it come to the pictures. I can send you the images I'm currently using if you'd like, or if you can just find them the same way I did, that's fine too.

As for warp heights, this seems to be a frequently-requested feature now. I'll add them in a new page, since there isn't any room for more information in the planets' pages.

On a side note, I got the go-ahead from @CaptRobau to make a Planet Wiki version for the Outer Planets Mod!

Edited by jandcando

On 7/13/2016 at 11:55 PM, Alshain said:

This is definitely going to be in my 1.2 career.  Based on your screenshots, you need to update your Delta-V Map as it looks like the numbers are from an old version, (though there is already a KSPedia version of Kowgan's delta V map.

I just got around to checking my numbers, and I'm not sure what you mean. The dV to get there matches up with the values on Kowgan's latest map. Keep in mind that unlike the dV totals on Kowgan's map, I am including the maximum plane change possible into the summation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.