[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

Experimenting with a new cloud detail texture.. I personally think this looks great, what do you think?    Yay? Nay?
if you have ever noticed some really blocky patches of clouds, this gets rid of 95% of those :)

8hBgJdv.pngDubR0sf.png

SVT USERS, PLEASE READ

34EpIqN.png

*****So the issue with Kerbin turning white after switching to another ship in orbit is caused by Kopernicus. I have tested with every single mod that adds terrain textures and each one turns white after a switch.. HOWEVER I did notice that when you start the game, if you pick your ship from the tracking station first, Kerbin never turns white after that. SO, as a workaround until there is a fix, upon start of your game, initially choose your ship from the tracking station and the issue SHOULD go away. Note that you must do this EVERY TIME YOU START YOUR GAME******

Edited by Galileo

8 hours ago, Galileo said:

Experimenting with a new cloud detail texture.. I personally think this looks great, what do you think?    Yay? Nay?
if you have ever noticed some really blocky patches of clouds, this gets rid of 95% of those :)

8hBgJdv.pngDubR0sf.png

Just gonna throw in my two cents so no one else is gasping at how much better this looks, I love this. It's so much softer and feels more realistic than before (and that was pretty damn realistic)

what will be tough is the colors. If you are porting things over to SVE's configs, the colors for astronomers clouds will be a little off. You can reference the RGB values in astronomers cfg to get the correct values. The only difference in the Alpha value which I don't think was in EVE back then. I'm sure you will figure it out. just play with it

yeah, i have a rgb colour picker here, i had a feeling the colours wouldn't quite match up looking at your rgb's and astronomer's, i'll try fix them if i can. (It turns out i can't use astronomer's visuals interstellar) but that doesn't stop me from using edge of oblivion! :D

and plus, i have more to work with in AVP: EOO

1 minute ago, Matchlight said:

yeah, i have a rgb colour picker here, i had a feeling the colours wouldn't quite match up looking at your rgb's and astronomer's, i'll try fix them if i can. (It turns out i can't use astronomer's visuals interstellar) but that doesn't stop me from using edge of oblivion! :D

why cant you? all you need is the textures

Edited by Galileo

i was also thinking of switching anyway, EOO gives you quite a bit more to go off, and i should be able to give that one a full reboot. 

it also looks like it would sync in better with SVE's configs

also, i'v learnt how to use photoshop to create cloud textures :D i have a feeling they will look like sh*t tho...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.