[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

12 hours ago, Berlin said:

For anyone interested, one of my classes required me to build a website so I decided it was a perfect opportunity to create a site dedicated to SVE, SVT, and Galileo's Sun Flares, Its very rudimentary and simple as I don't have a ton of experience with html and css but I'm learning! All downloads will be hosted there as well. 

So without further adieu, I give you,

WWW.STOCKVISUALMODS.COM

complete with a small forum for troubleshooting questions

Connection times out.  Is the site down?

Hey, I was wondering if there is a good way to 'up the framerate while using this mod, I am using low res and the framerate on kerbin is fine but on duna and Eve the framerate is a painful 4fps, if you have a solution please help me. I am using a pretty good computer so i dunno why its acting so strange

I'm having two visual problem that I wasn't having before with this mod pack:

First one: The sun is now always yellow. Prior to this last release, it was bright white with intense lens flares when in space. Now it only occasionally has lens flares and is always a dull yellow. I've tried taking out Distant Object and Texture Replacer, hasn't helped.

EDIT: FIXED, just replaced Scatterer. 

Second: Eve currently looks like this: http://imgur.com/a/eTJD2. Mountains or high spots poke out of the atmosphere as purple splotches.

This is still a problem, also the atmosphere glare seems to come out really far in a solid line.

Edited by MassoudGL

19 minutes ago, MassoudGL said:

I'm having two visual problem that I wasn't having before with this mod pack:

First one: The sun is now always yellow. Prior to this last release, it was bright white with intense lens flares when in space. Now it only occasionally has lens flares and is always a dull yellow. I've tried taking out Distant Object and Texture Replacer, hasn't helped.

Second: Eve currently looks like this: http://imgur.com/a/eTJD2. Mountains or high spots poke out of the atmosphere as purple splotches.

There had been updates.  Check your version 

4 hours ago, Matchlight said:

Hey, I was wondering if there is a good way to 'up the framerate while using this mod, I am using low res and the framerate on kerbin is fine but on duna and Eve the framerate is a painful 4fps, if you have a solution please help me. I am using a pretty good computer so i dunno why its acting so strange

What are your specs?  

Ok I stripped down to EVE, SVE, Scatterer (the folder bundled with SVE), Toolbar, HyperEdit and Squad. Is anyone else seeing this? I hyperedited the ship to 100km:

2UcMAmvl.png

(images were taken prior to mod strippage). Now here's what happens when I shift the camera angle over ever so slightly:

rWjeQuul.png

The scatterer effects pop back in. There is some ground flickering (z-fighting it looks like) just prior to the scatterer atmosphere appearing. I replaced the SVE scatterer folder with one from the Scatterer mod page download link and the atmosphere no longer disappears, although I do notice the z-fighting a bit so I guess that's a base Scatterer issue. But it seems the Scatterer folder packaged with SVE has some improper configs?

30 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

Ok I stripped down to EVE, SVE, Scatterer (the folder bundled with SVE), Toolbar, HyperEdit and Squad. Is anyone else seeing this? I hyperedited the ship to 100km:

2UcMAmvl.png

(images were taken prior to mod strippage). Now here's what happens when I shift the camera angle over ever so slightly:

rWjeQuul.png

The scatterer effects pop back in. There is some ground flickering (z-fighting it looks like) just prior to the scatterer atmosphere appearing. I replaced the SVE scatterer folder with one from the Scatterer mod page download link and the atmosphere no longer disappears, although I do notice the z-fighting a bit so I guess that's a base Scatterer issue. But it seems the Scatterer folder packaged with SVE has some improper configs?

Try disabling the draw atmosphere over EVE clouds or whatever it's called in the main menu Scatterer settings using the SVE Scatterer folder and see if that fixes it.

57 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

(images were taken prior to mod strippage). Now here's what happens when I shift the camera angle over ever so slightly

Well, I use the default config from scatterer for Kerbin. I only changed Eve, Duna, Laythe and Jool. I use a custom config for Kerbin on my game and I'm going to include it next update and I haven't seen it do that, or I haven't noticed at least. The next update is probably a ways off though as I want to at least have enough to warrant an update. I'm not getting a ton of issues being brought up so I'm really enjoying actually playing and taking a break from modding. :). That doesn't mean I'm not always tweaking things and making things better. If you would like, I can upload my cfg for Kerbin this evening.  The Z fighting is a scatterer thing that is out of my control.  

I have problems with this mod.  Ive tried everything i can think of to get it to work right but all that happens is Kerbin turns white after a few min of playing.  See the screenshot below

http://tinyurl.com/hkdaccv

I have ruled out the following as potential causes based on various posts I've read.

Trajectories
PlanetShine
Scatterer
Nvidia SLI

Ive also tried manually installing but everything i do results in white kerbin.

Also its probably important to note that when i first load the game it works fine, only after i have switched active ships a few times or switched map views does this happen.

Here is a link to the mods I have installed right now.

http://pastebin.com/cc5bYXsc

1 hour ago, worsin said:

I have problems with this mod.  Ive tried everything i can think of to get it to work right but all that happens is Kerbin turns white after a few min of playing.  See the screenshot below

http://tinyurl.com/hkdaccv

I have ruled out the following as potential causes based on various posts I've read.

Trajectories
PlanetShine
Scatterer
Nvidia SLI

Ive also tried manually installing but everything i do results in white kerbin.

Also its probably important to note that when i first load the game it works fine, only after i have switched active ships a few times or switched map views does this happen.

Here is a link to the mods I have installed right now.

http://pastebin.com/cc5bYXsc

SDaZe was telling me he had a friend that was experiencing this issue.  After he told me that I tried absolutely everything to replicate it.  Switched vessels, map views, going to the space center and back choosing different vessels from tracking station. I did this over and over and over and over and could never replicate the problem.  Post your logs and they might provide some insight.  **To be noted,  I tried this on a very heavily modded game and stock with only sve.**

ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING THIS?!?! 

Also from looking at your mod list,  it looks like you installed most of your mods from CKAN.  I don't really support ckan as it causes a lot of unwanted issues.  So if it's another mod causing this I can't test it because I won't download from CKAN. Manual is the way to go and I haven't had any issues that way

Edited by Berlin

3 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Try disabling the draw atmosphere over EVE clouds or whatever it's called in the main menu Scatterer settings using the SVE Scatterer folder and see if that fixes it.

The options panel was of no help. Here are the differences between "stock" Scatterer (left) and the version from the SVE download (right):

oHjI27t.pngveVWRc9.png

I enabled each of those three settings one by one and restarted the game each time just to make sure. The glitch still happened. When I dropped the "stock" Scatterer folder back in the atmosphere was fine. Perhaps something got corrupted in the SVE version. I just realized now I didn't go so far as to delete the atmo cfgs out of the "stock" Scatterer folder and replace them with the atmo cfgs from the SVE folder and I'm out of time now. But most likely a shader file or DLL got corrupted I think.

2 hours ago, Berlin said:

ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING THIS?!?! 

I'm still getting my game set up and tested so not playing long enough to see this happen in game but it does happen often (but not always) when I exit back to the main menu - however when I reload the game it's fine

18 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

The options panel was of no help. Here are the differences between "stock" Scatterer (left) and the version from the SVE download (right):

oHjI27t.pngveVWRc9.png

I enabled each of those three settings one by one and restarted the game each time just to make sure. The glitch still happened. When I dropped the "stock" Scatterer folder back in the atmosphere was fine. Perhaps something got corrupted in the SVE version. I just realized now I didn't go so far as to delete the atmo cfgs out of the "stock" Scatterer folder and replace them with the atmo cfgs from the SVE folder and I'm out of time now. But most likely a shader file or DLL got corrupted I think.

I'm still getting my game set up and tested so not playing long enough to see this happen in game but it does happen often (but not always) when I exit back to the main menu - however when I reload the game it's fine

Yes the main menu is one thing but it doesn't happen in game. 

The problem you are having with scatterer will not be fixed by any of those settings. You will have to adjust the values in the Scatterer gui.  I'm almost home and will post my cfg for you

I tweaked Laythe a bit, tell me what you think... I do have a problem though, it seems like even though I've changed the RGB of scatterer's effect on Laythe, the edges of the planet still seem to have a bluish-green tint to it like your configuration. Any suggestions?

6889ff22d817dcda6c2cab94fe13fab6.png

1 minute ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

I tweaked Laythe a bit, tell me what you think... I do have a problem though, it seems like even though I've changed the RGB of scatterer's effect on Laythe, the edges of the planet still seem to have a bluish-green tint to it like your configuration. Any suggestions?

you changed the RGB in the scatterer config tool?

Love the mod, I've been using it for a long time.  But I'm too am experiencing a pretty intense terrain flicker.  It appears to be z-fighting.  I've tried dropping the stand alone scatterer in Gamedata overwriting the SVE one to see if it helps and it does not.  It only appeared with the 1.07 version.  

49 minutes ago, Wehrwolf said:

Love the mod, I've been using it for a long time.  But I'm too am experiencing a pretty intense terrain flicker.  It appears to be z-fighting.  I've tried dropping the stand alone scatterer in Gamedata overwriting the SVE one to see if it helps and it does not.  It only appeared with the 1.07 version.  

No, it has appeared in every version, of every mod, since 1.1, that uses scatterer, as it is a known scatterer issue. Maybe you just noticed?

Edited by Berlin

ok so after I made one skybox I started to dislike the nebula look :/ correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you would be able to see that irl? I dunno but I assume not. SO I made one with a bunch of stars and it looks pretty darn good. my new favorite.

t2Ufqej.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h8liwugvjijkyvc/Galileo's Stars SkyBox.zip?dl=0

Edited by Berlin

I am having the exact same 'white kerbin' issue as worsin. Fine for a bit after I start the game then it turns white. I haven't had a chance to do any troubleshooting though. I have ever setting in scatterer turned on and all the graphics settings right up.

1 minute ago, Falcon Coupe said:

I am having the exact same 'white kerbin' issue as worsin. Fine for a bit after I start the game then it turns white. I haven't had a chance to do any troubleshooting though. I have ever setting in scatterer turned on and all the graphics settings right up.

how did you download? ckan? Also, I cant troubleshoot anything without logs. As long as this issue keeps popping up without logs, I cant do anything about it

Edited by Berlin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.