[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

3 minutes ago, TheHiddenKitten said:

I have noticed that the medium res pack has less clouds than the low res pack. In particular, the atmo low, atmo med and atmo high along with the kerbin main volume clouds(the puffy ones at 3km high) are all missing. Is this a failed download or intentonal? 

The atmos are no longer included in any of the downloads. And i removed the main volume clouds and replaced them with volumetric clouds on the Kerbin main cloud texture that follow the detail so it's more realistic and maybe a little more performance friendly

Edited by Berlin

1 hour ago, Berlin said:

Dont install via ckan. It's broken atm

Doh, now he tells me. :P And I just converted from a manual install this morning..oh well.

What exactly isn't currently supported by CKAN, just the main SVE download?  Or DOE, TR, SVT?  TBH, the only time I have a problem is quitting the game.  That's when Kerbin goes white.  Seems to be working ok otherwise.

Edited by Brigadier

6 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Doh, now he tells me. :P And I just converted from a manual install this morning..oh well.

What exactly isn't currently supported by CKAN, just the main SVE download?  Or DOE, TR, SVT?  TBH, the only time I have a problem is quitting the game.  That's when Kerbin goes white.  Seems to be working ok otherwise.

I believe it's just sve.  It may only be the high resolution version.  I don't really know tbh as I don't use Ckan.  I know minmus disappears and there is a moire effect on Kerbin etc etc.  Hopefully it gets fixed soon.  The white kerbin when exiting to main menu is just bug with kopernicus I think.  It might not be a bug and might be caused by my incompetency.  Dunno.  As long as it's not like that in game,  it's cool with me

Hi guys,

I've been away from KSP for a while and just started playing it again.
Reason for posting this is that I believe I'm missing some information, since I do not get clouds on Kerbin.
Are there any steps to take to make the game show the clouds?

Edit: Turns out I wasnt missing anything, I had one thing too many!
Forgot I had rbray's visual enhancement mod installed, so I removed it and all is working beautifully now. :D

Edited by Lucchese

does anyone know how i can increase framerate while using this because i adore this mod!!! but my framerate seems to drop to about 3fps while in a duna sandstorm. I have a mid range computer

Specs:

2.9Ghz

Intel Core i5

8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce 750M 1024MB

Anyway i can improve framerate? I am using a mac if that has anything to do with it...

I recently started to try SVE (high res) with my game build, however I seem to be encountering a problem.

I have sigma dimensions installed, and have rescaled everything x10. Now i know that the clouds get rescaled to the same factor, so they are 10x too high, but when I went into the configs and sized down the altitude of the various cloud layers by a factor of 10, something weird happened. I suddenly had two cloud and aurora layers. One of them at seemingly normal altitude and one at 10x that altitude. Is there a way I can remedy this?

1 hour ago, secretly_asian said:

I recently started to try SVE (high res) with my game build, however I seem to be encountering a problem.

I have sigma dimensions installed, and have rescaled everything x10. Now i know that the clouds get rescaled to the same factor, so they are 10x too high, but when I went into the configs and sized down the altitude of the various cloud layers by a factor of 10, something weird happened. I suddenly had two cloud and aurora layers. One of them at seemingly normal altitude and one at 10x that altitude. Is there a way I can remedy this?

ill have to look and see.

For anyone interested, one of my classes required me to build a website so I decided it was a perfect opportunity to create a site dedicated to SVE, SVT, and Galileo's Sun Flares, Its very rudimentary and simple as I don't have a ton of experience with html and css but I'm learning! All downloads will be hosted there as well. 

So without further adieu, I give you,

WWW.STOCKVISUALMODS.COM

complete with a small forum for troubleshooting questions

2 minutes ago, secretly_asian said:

Do you require screenshots?

*EDIT* - Kopernicus is installed, if thats relevant information... :)

no I don't require them unless its needed, and I think sigma requires kopernicus so that doesn't change anything.

Edited by Berlin

8 hours ago, Berlin said:

For anyone interested, one of my classes required me to build a website so I decided it was a perfect opportunity to create a site dedicated to SVE, SVT, and Galileo's Sun Flares, Its very rudimentary and simple as I don't have a ton of experience with html and css but I'm learning! All downloads will be hosted there as well. 

WWW.STOCKVISUALMODS.COM

Signed up! 

Edited by Jack Wolfe

8 hours ago, Berlin said:

WWW.STOCKVISUALMODS.COM

Very impressive, I prodded it a bit, you have the defence against people searching for random pages, that's good... Apparently you can't always Googlit though... the search bar always leads to an almost empty page with no results. https://cse.google.com/cse?cref=&ie=utf-8&hl=&q=random&sa=Search#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=random

But good stuff, keep it up.

13 minutes ago, Wraith977 said:

Very impressive, I prodded it a bit, you have the defence against people searching for random pages, that's good... Apparently you can't always Googlit though... the search bar always leads to an almost empty page with no results. https://cse.google.com/cse?cref=&ie=utf-8&hl=&q=random&sa=Search#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=random

But good stuff, keep it up.

I never did test that google bar lol whoops!

6 minutes ago, Berlin said:

I never did test that google bar lol whoops!

Learning new technical skills is incredibly similar to a rat learning to run a maze: you both bump your head a lot in the process. But you get better and faster every iteration.

52 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Learning new technical skills is incredibly similar to a rat learning to run a maze: you both bump your head a lot in the process. But you get better and faster every iteration.

Well I just removed the code because I couldn't get it to work.  Now,  if a rat removes a wall in the maze,  then we have bigger issues

Can someone test the downloads on the website and let me know if it works well for you and if the speeds are OK? 

42 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Download of the high-res package averaged about 420 kB/sec, peaking at 1.2 MB/sec.

Ok.  Thanks!  I think that should be sufficient for a little alternative dl site

26 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Ok.  Thanks!  I think that should be sufficient for a little alternative dl site

Perfectly sufficient. I can fetch a nice cup of tea and be back at my desk, ready to test out the shiny new version.

1 minute ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Perfectly sufficient. I can fetch a nice cup of tea and be back at my desk, ready to test out the shiny new version.

I'm hoping this makes uploading easier for me.  Instead of uploading the entire mod,  I can just put in the new stuff.  I gave up on github :/ but this will be the same i hope

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.