[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Like the new cloud detail?  I haven't received much feed back from anyone :( but it's been downloaded over a thousand times since I posted it yesterday so no gripes is good for me I guess

love the cloud detail. And whatever you did to the atmospheric layer, it makes for spectacular sunrises.

Bm6xhJy.png

Edited by Jack Wolfe

Hey! I'm sure this issue has cropped up before, but I couldn't find anyhting on it from my searching.

I've attempted to install this via CKAN, after having removed scatterer, but the game CTD's on launch before the main screen even pops up. There's no errors that show up on download/install, and have tried it with 3 different sunflare options that it shows, none of which seem to be the cause. 

My only guess, is that -something- else may have installed EVE, maybe? As EVE isn't available directly from CKAN itself as far as I can tell, so I got no idea as to what would cause this issue really....

What can I do to troubleshoot this?

Update: So, I went and tried installing EVE itself and its configs, and it works fine by itself, also tried it with scatterer and sunflares,a nd it works fine again. I then removed all of them and isntalled just this mod, and back to ctd's.... I made sure there was no folders left over from the other mods' installs prior to its installation.

Edited by DracoSilverpath

Yep, just good old RealPlume.

23 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Those are fantastic. Way better than I could do :)

Thanks! Photography is one of my hobbies. The same principles apply regarding composition.

I've got a Gemini set for some Kubrick-esque shots, probably tomorrow.

Edited by Jack Wolfe

1 hour ago, DracoSilverpath said:

Hey! I'm sure this issue has cropped up before, but I couldn't find anyhting on it from my searching.

I've attempted to install this via CKAN, after having removed scatterer, but the game CTD's on launch before the main screen even pops up. There's no errors that show up on download/install, and have tried it with 3 different sunflare options that it shows, none of which seem to be the cause. 

My only guess, is that -something- else may have installed EVE, maybe? As EVE isn't available directly from CKAN itself as far as I can tell, so I got no idea as to what would cause this issue really....

What can I do to troubleshoot this?

Update: So, I went and tried installing EVE itself and its configs, and it works fine by itself, also tried it with scatterer and sunflares,a nd it works fine again. I then removed all of them and isntalled just this mod, and back to ctd's.... I made sure there was no folders left over from the other mods' installs prior to its installation.

Did you try installing SVE not through CKAN?

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

Did you try installing SVE not through CKAN?

Yes, I downloaded the full version manually and tried installing that way as well, still ctd's. I'm currently going through and trying to install individual parts of it since the full thing doesn't seem to be working for me. It -seems- like the EVE folder it provides, causes the crash, and placing in the EVe fodler form the mod itself works just fine, though I have no idea what graphical issues this would cause.

1 minute ago, DracoSilverpath said:

Yes, I downloaded the full version manually and tried installing that way as well, still ctd's. I'm currently going through and trying to install individual parts of it since the full thing doesn't seem to be working for me. It -seems- like the EVE folder it provides, causes the crash, and placing in the EVe fodler form the mod itself works just fine, though I have no idea what graphical issues this would cause.

Are you on 32-bit Windows? Could be you're hitting the 3.5GB memory wall. 

36 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Are you on 32-bit Windows? Could be you're hitting the 3.5GB memory wall. 

Negative, I'm running 64 bit windows, and KSP

Upon further investigating, replacing 2 shader files with the originals (cloudshadow.shader and Spherecloud.shader) makes the game run again. The rest of the CVE mod seems to install and launches just fine, but unless I switch out those 2 shader files, it just ctd's the game. This, however, si not really something feasible, as loading my save with this sort fo setup also causes it to crash :(

36 minutes ago, DracoSilverpath said:

Negative, I'm running 64 bit windows, and KSP

Upon further investigating, replacing 2 shader files with the originals (cloudshadow.shader and Spherecloud.shader) makes the game run again. The rest of the CVE mod seems to install and launches just fine, but unless I switch out those 2 shader files, it just ctd's the game. This, however, si not really something feasible, as loading my save with this sort fo setup also causes it to crash :(

I have no idea what is going on  with your game.  What are your system specs?  This doesn't produce logs?  I can't think of a reason why those 2 shaders would cause any issue

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I have no idea what is going on  with your game.  What are your system specs?  This doesn't produce logs?  I can't think of a reason why those 2 shaders would cause any issue

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz (12)
RAM: 32683
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (6074MB)

Here is the generated log file from the ctd on a fresh install of this mod:

http://pastebin.com/aUxg6wvU

5 hours ago, Galileo said:

Like the new cloud detail?  I haven't received much feed back from anyone

I'll be switching between the two myself for some extra variation. I think they are both great. I went back to the "stock" Scatterer atmosphere though as yours appears to be a bit too think for my liking - just a personal diff in visual style not asking you to change it. I will say though that the new configs you posted with v1.0.8 didn't cause the atmosphere effects to break in low orbit like I reported last version.

7 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

I'll be switching between the two myself for some extra variation. I think they are both great. I went back to the "stock" Scatterer atmosphere though as yours appears to be a bit too think for my liking - just a personal diff in visual style not asking you to change it. I will say though that the new configs you posted with v1.0.8 didn't cause the atmosphere effects to break in low orbit like I reported last version.

I noticed that last time I had the atmosphere in the mod.  I just aligned it with the cloud layer this time around 

30 minutes ago, DracoSilverpath said:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz (12)
RAM: 32683
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (6074MB)

Here is the generated log file from the ctd on a fresh install of this mod:

http://pastebin.com/aUxg6wvU

You have a ton of mods running,  have you tried to run SVE without any other mods installed?  That's the first step in trouble shooting. Try that and see if it works.  If it works then it's another mod conflicting with SVE

Edited by Galileo

12 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I noticed that last time I had the atmosphere in the mod.  I just aligned it with the cloud layer this time around 

You have a ton of mods running,  have you tried to run SVE without any other mods installed?  That's the first step in trouble shooting. Try that and see if it works.  If it works then it's another mod conflicting with SVE

Thanks for the reply :) I did as you suggested and did a full steam reinstall of the game (after making a backup elsewhere) and installed only this mod, still got ctd on launch.

Here is the new log file:

http://pastebin.com/fnXUP40R

10 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

9zKiZ9Z.png

Red sky at morning, Kerbal take warning...
BxUONn5.png?1

I'm going to be using all of the screenshots in a giant album whenever that gets fixed.  I'm really enjoying the screen shots.  It's a nice break from working on ground textures in svt.

On that note,  I have made some of the best looking height maps ksp has ever seen imo :) I'm really excited about the release but the effort to make it look right is ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, DracoSilverpath said:

Thanks for the reply :) I did as you suggested and did a full steam reinstall of the game (after making a backup elsewhere) and installed only this mod, still got ctd on launch.

Here is the new log file:

http://pastebin.com/fnXUP40R

Can you post your player log?  It gives me better info.  

Also are you running this dx11? 

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

I'm going to be using all of the screenshots in a giant album whenever that gets fixed.  I'm really enjoying the screen shots.  It's a nice break from working on ground textures in svt.

On that note,  I have made some of the best looking height maps ksp has ever seen imo :) I'm really excited about the release but the effort to make it look right is ridiculous. 

I've got what I hope will be an eye-popper planned. I just have to get things set right. I think you'll like it.

4 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Can you post your player log?  It gives me better info.  

Also are you running this dx11? 

Yes, this is in dx11.

I'm not 100% sure this is the log you requested, but I think it is..?:

http://pastebin.com/KnkFACDg

5 minutes ago, DracoSilverpath said:

Yes, this is in dx11.

I'm not 100% sure this is the log you requested, but I think it is..?:

http://pastebin.com/KnkFACDg

Remove -force-d3d11 and see if that fixes it. 

8 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

I've got what I hope will be an eye-popper planned. I just have to get things set right. I think you'll like it.

Can't wait! 

Edited by Galileo

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Remove -force-d3d11 and see if that fixes it

Can't wait! 

Yup! That seems to have done it. Made it run on the un-modded game and just tested it with all mods installed, seems to work now. That's a real shame tho, dx11 really gave me quite a performance boost... :/

any chance of a dx11 compatible version? :wink:

In any case, awesome work on this mod! Can't wait to see what all you continue to improve on in the future :)

1 minute ago, DracoSilverpath said:

Yup! That seems to have done it. Made it run on the un-modded game and just tested it with all mods installed, seems to work now. That's a real shame tho, dx11 really gave me quite a performance boost... :/

any chance of a dx11 compatible version? :wink:

In any case, awesome work on this mod! Can't wait to see what all you continue to improve on in the future :)

Thats a EVE issue.  I have no control over that.  Thanks!  Hope you can find a nice medium between mods and performance! 

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Thats a EVE issue.  I have no control over that.  Thanks!  Hope you can find a nice medium between mods and performance! 

Hah, me too...game has tons of content now, but the load times are killin me :( Even on my SSD, game takes 15+ minutes to load, and 20+ seconds to enter/exit the VAB, SPH, etc, and don't even get me started on the stutters...

Also, if that is an EVe issue...why does a normal EVE install run fine with dx11? I ran across a reddit post of someone's amazing graphic setup from earlier this year, who had yer mod as well, and he was running dx11...did something change?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.