[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

1 hour ago, Vinil said:

First time using this mod along with SVE without scatterer (that thing is too heavy). Unfortunately, my Sun is looking like this:

PtFDIu5.jpg

Tried installing scatterer just to be sure and noticed something a little weird: firstly I went to the Tracking Station and the Sun was exactly the same, then I loaded one of my crafts and suddenly the textures appeared like they're supposed to. But sadly my PC can't stand scatterer, so anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Thanks!

open the sun.cfg in the SVEKopernicus folder and change the sunLensFlareColor  to sunLensFlareColor = 1,1,1,1

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

open the sun.cfg in the SVEKopernicus folder and change the sunLensFlareColor  to sunLensFlareColor = 1,1,1,1

Now it's a little better, but I think it's still not how it was supposed to be (or is that brighter Sun from scatterer?)

McibU5a.jpg

Edited by Vinil

UPDATE

v2.0.2

• Better texture compression for smaller download size
  • A couple new textures
  • DDS version for better utilization of RAM
  • PNG version for Mac and Linux users
  • Removed low resolution version after much testing and minimal performance gain reported.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Galileo

Is there a way to easily remove the new Jool rings?  It looks like I could just remove the section in the Jool config, but I don't know what else that might mess up.  I'm midway through some missions and don't want the screenshots to be too drastically different with rings appearing overnight.

27 minutes ago, Amechwarrior said:

Is there a way to easily remove the new Jool rings?  It looks like I could just remove the section in the Jool config, but I don't know what else that might mess up.  I'm midway through some missions and don't want the screenshots to be too drastically different with rings appearing overnight.

just delete the rings node like you were thinking

Just FYI, a couple small "bugs" in the OP:

• The download link is hard coded to the GitHub 2.0.1 release
  • The install instructions say to drop "SVEKopernicus" into GameData, but with the latest release you've changed the mod's folder name to SVT

And a suggestion: since Laythe, Vall and Tylo are all at 0 degrees inclined orbit to Jool, and the rings are at 0 degrees, You really don't get to see much of the rings when visiting those moons. Maybe a slight inclination of the rings would be more aesthetically pleasing?

p.s. I'm happy that Laythe is back to aquamarine, ignore the haters! :)

Edited by MalevolentNinja

Hi, Thanks for the mod. Just tried it right now for the first time.
I've tried from CKAN, but it only proposes 2.0. Not the 2.0.2. Would be great if I could install from CKAN, keeps updates clean(er).

When installing 2.0 from CKAN, game crashes as soon as KSP loads. Same if high or low res.

Installed 2.0.2 loads, but really odd looking map: http://imgur.com/gallery/DdaGG

Seems like terrain textures are not showing

And indeed the link in OP points to 2.0.1

20 minutes ago, Garlik said:

Hi, Thanks for the mod. Just tried it right now for the first time.
I've tried from CKAN, but it only proposes 2.0. Not the 2.0.2. Would be great if I could install from CKAN, keeps updates clean(er).

When installing 2.0 from CKAN, game crashes as soon as KSP loads. Same if high or low res.

Installed 2.0.2 loads, but really odd looking map: http://imgur.com/gallery/DdaGG

Seems like terrain textures are not showing

And indeed the link in OP points to 2.0.1

I don't deal with CKAN

As for you graphical issue, stop forcing dx11 or OpenGL.

ill fix the OP later.

1 hour ago, MalevolentNinja said:

Just FYI, a couple small "bugs" in the OP:

• The download link is hard coded to the GitHub 2.0.1 release
  • The install instructions say to drop "SVEKopernicus" into GameData, but with the latest release you've changed the mod's folder name to SVT

And a suggestion: since Laythe, Vall and Tylo are all at 0 degrees inclined orbit to Jool, and the rings are at 0 degrees, You really don't get to see much of the rings when visiting those moons. Maybe a slight inclination of the rings would be more aesthetically pleasing?

p.s. I'm happy that Laythe is back to aquamarine, ignore the haters! :)

The rings actually have a inclination of 2 or 3 I haven't checked in a while. But it is there and the cloud bands are also offset to match. 

Edited by Galileo

ok Thx, indeed, missed the no CKAN support. Sorry.

Maybe stupid question but how would I un-force dx11 or openGL?

Edit, could it be because in steam I: "-adapter 0  -popupwindow" for correct screen and fake fullscrean?

Edited by Garlik

18 minutes ago, Galileo said:

The rings actually have a inclination of 2 or 3 I haven't checked in a while. But it is there and the cloud bands are also offset to match

You're right - they're at -2. I'm just saying...

Spoiler

rxqf2pH.jpg

Just an idea, feel free to ignore me :)

Edited by MalevolentNinja

15 minutes ago, Garlik said:

ok Thx, indeed, missed the no CKAN support. Sorry.

Maybe stupid question but how would I un-force dx11 or openGL?

Edit, could it be because in steam I: "-adapter 0  -popupwindow" for correct screen and fake fullscrean?

Can you post your logs?

On 01/02/2017 at 9:48 PM, Vinil said:

Now it's a little better, but I think it's still not how it was supposed to be (or is that brighter Sun from scatterer?)

McibU5a.jpg

In the Sun.cfg file where it says:

Light
            {
                sunLensFlareColor = 0, 0, 0, 0
                sunAU = 2500000000
            }

Remove this whole section.

4 hours ago, releansol said:

I'm using 2.0. and like to update to 2.0.2.

Must i first delete "SVEKopernicus" Folder or shall I overwrite all the Files in the existing Folder?

You have to delete SVTkopernicus as that is not the name of the folder anymore

On 2/1/2017 at 3:48 PM, Vinil said:

McibU5a.jpg

The brighter sun is from scatterer

6 minutes ago, String Witch said:

In the Sun.cfg file where it says:

Light
            {
                sunLensFlareColor = 0, 0, 0, 0
                sunAU = 2500000000
            }

Remove this whole section.

I recommend not removing that. It causes the default kopernicus sunflare to show and covers the scatterer sun flare. If you don't use scatterer is the only time I would say to do this.

Greetings.

I have installed SVT and Kopernicus mod like instructed but I am having a problem.

I do not see any coulds on Kerbin (not the main screen) or any textures for that matter.

Is any way someone can help me? I do not know much about modding or cfg's files. I just drop the stuff into the gamedata folder.

Thank you.

Edit:

I just confirmed the planet textures are indeed working. I just do not see clouds when I am the space center or when I am flying. In the tracking station, I went to all planets and its working. I see Jool rings and textures and so on (pretty cool btw). Still...no clouds....

Edited by Kar

1 hour ago, Kar said:

Greetings.

I have installed SVT and Kopernicus mod like instructed but I am having a problem.

I do not see any coulds on Kerbin (not the main screen) or any textures for that matter.

Is any way someone can help me? I do not know much about modding or cfg's files. I just drop the stuff into the gamedata folder.

Thank you.

Edit:

I just confirmed the planet textures are indeed working. I just do not see clouds when I am the space center or when I am flying. In the tracking station, I went to all planets and its working. I see Jool rings and textures and so on (pretty cool btw). Still...no clouds....

Send me logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder.

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Send me logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder.

Gamedata folder:

http://imgur.com/05C6D2a

Dunno what logs you want so... you chose :P

KSP64 gamedata log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l47j8t29br6h6fl/output_log_ksp64.txt?dl=0

"normal log": https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4yzx989vwbgitw/output_log.txt?dl=0

KSP log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbt22otstk4ocju/KSP.log?dl=0

At this time you have 3333 posts! Funny :P

5 minutes ago, Kar said:

Gamedata folder:

http://imgur.com/05C6D2a

Dunno what logs you want so... you chose :P

KSP64 gamedata log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l47j8t29br6h6fl/output_log_ksp64.txt?dl=0

"normal log": https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4yzx989vwbgitw/output_log.txt?dl=0

KSP log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbt22otstk4ocju/KSP.log?dl=0

At this time you have 3333 posts! Funny :P

I looked at your game data, and you don't even have Stock Visual Enhancements installed. How are you expecting to get clouds without it? This is a terrain mod not clouds

Edited by Galileo

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I looked at your game data, and you don't even have Stock Visual Enhancements installed. How are you expecting to get clouds without it? This is a terrain mod not clouds

Feeling noobish :sealed:

You are right! I am so stupid. Of course the textures are there lol.

Sorry man. I will get to it.

Cheers.

:P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.