[1.1.3] (2016-07-24) Telemachus - Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

tcannonfodder

5 minutes ago, tcannonfodder said:

hey y'all, have some bad news. I busted my leg up pretty bad a week ago and that's cut down the amount of programming time I have available. I can review basic PRs and that, but it might take me a bit longer to respond to more in-depth questions.

Thanks for understanding, and I'm going to get better ASAP so I can get 1.6 out the door!

Interesting idea! Have you tried Ngrok? That's what I use and it works relatively well, but you'll have to set the "host-header" parameter like so:

ngrok http 8085 -host-header="localhost:8085"

using the camera endpoint via Ngrok is currently busted, that's one thing I'll have to fix before I release 1.6

I have not. Might look into it. I hope my idea might grow to some fruition. @MK3424 has run servers for me in the past and he might want to do something as useful as this for you should you decide to make it a thing.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your leg. Hope you get better soon.

21 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

How do I find the IP I need to put in? I am running Ubuntu, and my log shows no mention of my IP when I start the link.

It depends: if you are playing on your local network, it's usually the local ip adress: 192.168.0.101, if you are watching another computer from a distance, say you are playing as mission control, ask for their ip adress.

• 3 weeks later...

hello guys

i made a modification to your map.html, so it displays Earth in 3D (you have to play with RSS). I use Arcgis API instead of leaftlet.

you can download map.html and pod.png from this page : https://github.com/kikillotest/Telemachus/blob/map-3D-RSS/WebPages/WebPages/src/map.html

I plan to add some D3 graphs, to display altitude, etc...

Edited by kikill
fixed the link

Omg you are the greatest..:lol:. I am building a kerbal cockpit simulator specifically for this mod and I only use rss. I was torn about going back to the kerbal system. Hopefully we can get all the features working with rss. I was going to post pictures in here but I didn't know if that would be appropriate since this forum is for mod support.

thanks you two :blush:

@Stone Blue : that should work with SSRSS if it has the same gps coordinates as RSS (longitude and latitude)

@Kotagi : i don't know if we can get data from parts, such as realfuel. too bad i don't know C#.

your cockpit reminds me of spacex's : 1426632298924706731.jpg

On 9/22/2016 at 10:53 AM, Kotagi said:

I use smurfff instead of real fuels for now. I'm using half size rss as of now. Thank you for the feedback. I'm modeling it after the endeavour. But now I like the 3 big screens. The only feature we are lacking now, I believe, would be the orbital map for rss. I believe the planet names have to be switched out but it could be more complicated than that I don't know. Either way at least I have a working rss map now. Thank you again

tVveNq.jpg

Edited by Kotagi

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

So heres a few shots of an atmospheric UHF comms/L-band telemetry blade antenna for Telemachus. I just have to UV unwrap and texture it:

http://imgur.com/a/WiCTq

Holy crap, this looks awesome! I can't wait to add it to Telemachus!

On September 17, 2016 at 5:07 AM, Kotagi said:

This looks so awesome! Thanks so much for sharing it!

6 minutes ago, tcannonfodder said:

Holy crap, this looks awesome! I can't wait to add it to Telemachus!

This looks so awesome! Thanks so much for sharing it!

You can add it to the mod if you want, once I texture it... The .cfg is set for stock (1.1.3) & Telemachus... I tested it today... I just have to add RT for 1.1.3, then see what I need for stock in 1.2... I dont know how RT will work in 1.2 either... :P

Do you have any plans for the capcom module? like text chat maybe? I dont know if thats possible just an idea. 

Also..Im having a problem with houston now. I have an old version that works perfectly. The new version just gives me text on a white page. The folder structure is different(seems you got rid of the folders altogether) so I changed the web address accordingly but it seems just to display code. Any ideas? Ive downloaded the latest version of telemachus. Using on same computer. 

6 hours ago, Kotagi said:

Do you have any plans for the capcom module? like text chat maybe? I dont know if thats possible just an idea. 

Also..Im having a problem with houston now. I have an old version that works perfectly. The new version just gives me text on a white page. The folder structure is different(seems you got rid of the folders altogether) so I changed the web address accordingly but it seems just to display code. Any ideas? Ive downloaded the latest version of telemachus. Using on same computer. 

The stations in Houston got a major overhaul, but I haven't made a new release yet. However, you should be able to download the latest version of `master` here https://github.com/tcannonfodder/houston . The `public` branch contains the compiled version of Houston.

If that doesn't work, can you send me a screenshot of the page and a copy of the Telemachus folder in KSP?

Hi, I'm sorry to disturb with a wish...
In the old thread on Telemachus, it has been said that support of kOS was on the roadmap. Is it still the case? 

kOS is accessible via telnet so right now I can have Telemachus plus a telnet windows  but it will be great to get it in a nice integrated way.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 21/11/2016 at 7:13 AM, tcannonfodder said:

Hey all! Sorry about the delays, it's been a crazy few months. My plan is to recompile the mod and release 1.2 compatible binaries ASAP! There are a lot of changes that need to be done under the hood with the 1.2 update

Very glad indeed that you decided to work on this again! Do you plan on adding anything new or maybe more mod support? Gosh, i can't wait to see the next release. Godspeed.

i am no coder i have tried to compile and failed.

What I found out Refrence to KSPUTIL can be dropped as it was merged into Assenbly -CSharp. with 1.2

It still fails with error to Vessel.ActiveResource.

4798becca20746f6858a7e848b24f1a1.png

Found a post in the forums regarding this error 

Thats about as far as I can go when it comes to coding stuff but I'm learning

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.