Jump to content

Recommended Posts

.8 is up and includes the following:
 

  • military texture(you can have normal or military or both, just copy paste which folders you want, the parts wont fight with eachother)
  • fixed download bug that was causing invalid downloads

 

And spacedock is broken so until then here the alternate download link for this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/udx0i7aexo35kai/.8.zip?dl=0 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update available. If the spacedock link gives you a corrupt file try the dropbox link instead. Spacedock is being odd these days. But this update fixes the hanger colliders and makes the HC-130 parts Mk3 sized so that they can actually hold things. Enjoy!

Link to post
Share on other sites

@TMasterson5 Please be patient with SpaceDock... It had some blips RIGHT before 1.2-pre dropped, but more importantly, RIGHT before Vitas had to leave on a 2 week vacation... :P

But I'm mainly posting because the dropbox link, goes to something that doesnt seem like its this mod?... Also, the three files are at least a couple weeks old?...

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

@TMasterson5 Please be patient with SpaceDock... It had some blips RIGHT before 1.2-pre dropped, but more importantly, RIGHT before Vitas had to leave on a 2 week vacation... :P

But I'm mainly posting because the dropbox link, goes to something that doesnt seem like its this mod?... Also, the three files are at least a couple weeks old?...

I have had pretty consistent issues with spacedock since its inception, its just not a stable website or platform at all. Ill be using dropbox from this point on as it is more user friendly and much more stable.

Thats another one of my mods my bad, it should be the correct link now

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple things: @TMasterson5

1) The dropbox link is giving a 404 not found error.

2) In the latest version from CKAN (version 6?), I can't seem to get my Freedom Cutter to the shoreline without losing my helipad. As soon as I lift the ship in Vessel Mover, the helipad falls off and falls through the ship, onto the runway. Is this fixed in .8?

EDIT:

3) If you don't use VesselMover to get crafts to the water, what do you use?

EDIT2: Ah ha! Found a way to get it to the sea. I had to activate the cheat that prevents breakages, THEN VesselMover it to the water!

Edited by Aloriel
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Aloriel said:

A couple things: @TMasterson5

1) The dropbox link is giving a 404 not found error.

2) In the latest version from CKAN (version 6?), I can't seem to get my Freedom Cutter to the shoreline without losing my helipad. As soon as I lift the ship in Vessel Mover, the helipad falls off and falls through the ship, onto the runway. Is this fixed in .8?

EDIT:

3) If you don't use VesselMover to get crafts to the water, what do you use?

EDIT2: Ah ha! Found a way to get it to the sea. I had to activate the cheat that prevents breakages, THEN VesselMover it to the water!

Or you can use KJR. I haven't used the cheat once since installing KJR.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aloriel said:

A couple things: @TMasterson5

1) The dropbox link is giving a 404 not found error.

2) In the latest version from CKAN (version 6?), I can't seem to get my Freedom Cutter to the shoreline without losing my helipad. As soon as I lift the ship in Vessel Mover, the helipad falls off and falls through the ship, onto the runway. Is this fixed in .8?

EDIT:

3) If you don't use VesselMover to get crafts to the water, what do you use?

EDIT2: Ah ha! Found a way to get it to the sea. I had to activate the cheat that prevents breakages, THEN VesselMover it to the water!

1. Are you using the one on the first page in the first post? I just checked it, it works fine

2. I dont claim to support this mod for CKAN in any way as I have zero idea how CKAN works and I dont use it. I would reccomend using the traditional method for installing mods with .9. The version on CKAN is outdated anyways since Spacedock has decided to go down. SAR will not be updated there anymore

3. I use vessel mover, it works fine for me and others

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I was using the link at the top of this page, not the one on the first page. I hadn't noticed that the first page was updated (and other modders seem to be slow to update theirs... glad to see you aren't one of those).

CKAN will probably have an updated copy of your mod in time. Dropbox is definitely an acceptable download source for them, and I think the list is kept up to date manually. Most modders on CKAN put theirs on Github, not Spacedock, likely for the same reason you don't like it.

Not sure why VesselMover is dropping the helipad, but with the cheat to keep the vehicle intact it's working.

 

Now my problem is that when I come back to the vessel, it's vaulting into the sky... but I recall someone else having that issue recently, and so I will look that up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Aloriel said:

Sorry, I was using the link at the top of this page, not the one on the first page. I hadn't noticed that the first page was updated (and other modders seem to be slow to update theirs... glad to see you aren't one of those).

CKAN will probably have an updated copy of your mod in time. Dropbox is definitely an acceptable download source for them, and I think the list is kept up to date manually. Most modders on CKAN put theirs on Github, not Spacedock, likely for the same reason you don't like it.

Not sure why VesselMover is dropping the helipad, but with the cheat to keep the vehicle intact it's working.

 

Now my problem is that when I come back to the vessel, it's vaulting into the sky... but I recall someone else having that issue recently, and so I will look that up.

Airpark.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2016 at 2:41 AM, KodiaksFury said:

Love this mod, I'm mostly using it for military boats but its great either way, anyway I was wondering if youd put in some half size fences and nets for those nook and crannies, tweakscale works great but it ruins the proportions

possibly, maybe, not high on any priority lists though

16 minutes ago, KodiaksFury said:

Oh, also, if you don't mind delete the line about particle color in the file for the cutter props, it will get rid of the smoke off of the propellors

the smoke is there because I want it there.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, just noticed that Search And Rescue has been removed from Spacedock. CKAN can source downloads from dropbox links, but none of our automated updating can handle such. Anyone wanting to install future releases of Search And Rescue via CKAN could help us out hugely by notifying us when there's a new release to index.

@TMasterson5, if you'd like to support CKAN for your mod, there are a lot of options depending on how much effort you're willing to invest, none of which are particularly overwhelming. PM me if you wish.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, politas said:

Hi, just noticed that Search And Rescue has been removed from Spacedock. CKAN can source downloads from dropbox links, but none of our automated updating can handle such. Anyone wanting to install future releases of Search And Rescue via CKAN could help us out hugely by notifying us when there's a new release to index.

@TMasterson5, if you'd like to support CKAN for your mod, there are a lot of options depending on how much effort you're willing to invest, none of which are particularly overwhelming. PM me if you wish.

Yeah sadly Spacedock is about as reliable as Bill Clinton is faithful so Im pulling my mods off of there and moving them to dropbox which is actually stable.

Not to sound rude, but I dont use ckan personally, so while I appreciate what you and your team do, I cant really say Im 100% concerned with it being on ckan or not simply because installing mods the "old fashioned way" really isnt that hard. I can tag you in future release posts if you want though if that would work?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

Yeah sadly Spacedock is about as reliable as Bill Clinton is faithful so Im pulling my mods off of there and moving them to dropbox which is actually stable.

Not to sound rude, but I dont use ckan personally, so while I appreciate what you and your team do, I cant really say Im 100% concerned with it being on ckan or not simply because installing mods the "old fashioned way" really isnt that hard. I can tag you in future release posts if you want though if that would work?

That's fine. Yes, please tag me on releases if that's not too much trouble. I gather from some of the conversation that you have at least one user who is using CKAN, so you can also leave it to them to let us know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone using tweakscale with the hulls?

I tried building a smaller cutter (60% size), but.... It sinks stern first upon placed on the water.

Does tweakscale somehow does not scale mass vs volume correctly?

I noticed the same effect with some parts from other mods (LBP), while eg some SM marine hulls do work when scaled down...?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheDog said:

Anyone using tweakscale with the hulls?

I tried building a smaller cutter (60% size), but.... It sinks stern first upon placed on the water.

Does tweakscale somehow does not scale mass vs volume correctly?

I noticed the same effect with some parts from other mods (LBP), while eg some SM marine hulls do work when scaled down...?

 

 

29 minutes ago, TheDog said:

Ah, just saw that by default tweakscale scales buoyancy with exponent 3 (cubic). I'll try overriding that via MM patch, guess that'll prevent sinking...

Yeah tweakscale pretty universally does not play nicely with any ship parts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...