Show off your drawings! (and other artworks!)

NSEP

On 2/14/2017 at 5:09 PM, XB-70A said:

(I cut out the picture on accident :( )

Ugly SR-71 engaged by S-75/SA-2 during a flight over Haiphong and Hanoi. 

That inspired me to draw this!

6ccd868ad56a194353bb3cf21ab8612b.jpg

What exactly is going on here?

Simple! An American raid on a Soviet Space Spacecraft factory! And a BadS dude using a pistol after his Mercury broke down. And a Skylab shooting from far away. And MORE!

Edited by Spacetraindriver

12 hours ago, Spacetraindriver said:

That inspired me to draw this!

6ccd868ad56a194353bb3cf21ab8612b.jpg

What exactly is going on here?

Simple! An American raid on a Soviet Space Spacecraft factory! And a BadS dude using a pistol after his Mercury broke down. And a Skylab shooting from far away. And MORE!

I love the U.S. shuttle engaging the Buran-like one docked to the station. At the first sight I had the impression to be in Moonraker, when the shuttle with troops starts to attack Hugo Drax's station.

Years ago I was always drawing Starfighter because she was one of the simplest aircraft to draw without any model. Sharp lines, few details... do I tried to remake it this afternoon while eating (not easy with the fork in the other hand).

81K6OXE.jpg

A pair of F-104J climbing for interception... the problem is, like in most of the other scrawls, I made it only on memory. So when I compared it to a real F-104 picture... it was a shock of differences!

vp9ryvO.jpg?2

Vought F-8E (FN) about to land back on the aircraft carrier Foch during Operation Saphir II.

I don't know why but I was taken by the need to draw a Crusader today. Strangely I did this scribble only on memory and put the 11 number on it without knowing anything about. Then after by making a quick research, I discovered that "11" actually was the last French F-8 to be catapulted in the night of the 28th October 1999 and so the last of all the Crusader to be catapulted form a ship by the way...

For this special (and sad) event the deck officier use a sabre instead of the flag :

lastcat.jpg

25 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

Vought F-8E (FN) about to land back on the aircraft carrier Foch during Operation Saphir II.

Really nice sketch.  F-8s are really awesome aircraft.

Have you heard the news this week that Brazil is Decomissioning Sao Paulo, ex Foch, carrier.  I hope it isnt scrapped.  The last carrier to launch aircraft with bridles I think.

1 hour ago, Kokoro said:

Really nice sketch.  F-8s are really awesome aircraft.

Thank you. I really enjoy these old fighters, and reading their story is always interesting ("When you're out of F-8's... you're out of fighters").

1 hour ago, Kokoro said:

Have you heard the news this week that Brazil is Decomissioning Sao Paulo, ex Foch, carrier.  I hope it isnt scrapped.  The last carrier to launch aircraft with bridles I think.

Oooow... ;.; so sad... Foch got a special place in my heart. As a child I received my first models from Heller, one Ariane 44LL made of something like 10-15 pieces and a beautiful replica of the carrier with a small flotilla of "Crouze" (like they were nicknamed in the F.N.). I totally missed her for her departure to Brasil in 2000, but was present at the coast of Brest for the Clemenceau final departure nine years after (...)

Just like you I can just hope they will not scrap her. But honestly with what happened to the 25 de Mayo and Minas Gerais... I'm not really optimistic.

I hope it's not too much to make a second post, but this topic is such a liberation to me. Usually I'm totally bored at work and just scribble to past the time... and here since Tuesday it's just like if I was recovering this old envy to drawn.

Today I started a Lancaster from 617 Sq flying during Operation Chastise, but the result is awful and the Avro bomber is hard to make with just a ballpoint pen. So instead I tried something else (I will make the Lanc' for sure).

Y2OlOt8.jpg

Atlas Cheetah D from the South African Air Force passing the Cape of Good Hope.

The Cheetah has been made on memory but my notion of this geographic point is totally ridiculous. So I tried to find some pictures took from the sky, none of them were about the Cape itself... so I used a satellite picture and another from an aircraft.

And I totally missed the Atar 9K nozzle.

Hmmm, I've been wondering...

I sometimes here that people "scan in" drawings and magically it's on the computer. What exactly happens, and what do you need to "scan in a picture?" This would be incredibly useful for me considering that I don't have a pen for my computer...

34 minutes ago, Spacetraindriver said:

I sometimes here that people "scan in" drawings and magically it's on the computer. What exactly happens, and what do you need to "scan in a picture?" This would be incredibly useful for me considering that I don't have a pen for my computer...

I think it is like copying an image with a printer. Correct me if I am wrong.

1 hour ago, Spacetraindriver said:

Well, generally speaking you need a scanner. It's a piece of hardware that digitizes papers. Many printers these days have them integrated. If there's a kind of hatch with a big window under it, it's probably either a scanner or a photocopier (which is basically just a scanner and a printer that doesn't let you see the digital version).

Personally, I don't often feel like firing up my scanner. I just take a photograph with my smartphone, and that's usually good enough. I suppose good desk lighting has a bit to do with that, though.

Just now, The Raging Sandwich said:

Amazing! Is this on a computer or on paper/canvas?

Thank you :3

I'm doing everything on a computer. I have no traditional materials, so I became somebody like digital artist.

Two more arts that I've forgotten to post here.

Stellar Guardian

EgBIOsiRdCo.jpg

Adamantium, the magical hen.

4aWCrvtdzkg.jpg

9 hours ago, Spacetraindriver said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_scanner

the wiki article.

When installing the scanner driver you wil also get an app that connects to the scanner and allows you to preview the flatbed allowing you to select areas to scan at higher resolutions.  Some operating systems also have default scanner drivers and apps built-in.

Personally I use a usb powered Canon LiDE 110.  Even low-end scanners scan at qualities and resolutions higher than anyone is ever likely to need these days.  The first time I used a flatbed scanner it was connected to a computer with a 286 processor (only students with people permission would use it because it was one of the faster machines and not on the 8086 network, 12Mhz woohoo), it output 256 colour, 8bit per channel images or 2 colour images for more resolution and pictures that would fit on a floppy.  Scanned pictures of my cat and anime and comic pictures from magazines.

oh, the forum processes and formats hipstagram pictures, I didnt know that.  Anyway, this is an example of a pre-scanned drawing.

Sometimes in my illustration videos on youtube you can see me cleaning up a freshly scannd image before colouring, but in most videos I edit that bit out.  In a future video I may show the scanning to finished drawing but then I typically scan something for colouring weeks or months before I get around to colouring. 

To keep this thread on topic let's post a picture.  Have I posted this yet?

infanty-bucket-list-im-under-attack.jpg

dragon-girl.jpg

10 minutes ago, Luch said:

This month I painted lots of landscapes, space arts and other things.

@Luch those works are amazing.

TIE6bI6.jpg

Operation Chastise, 17 May 1943, 00:28 local time, Möhne dam.

Wing Commander Gibson leads the way during this iconic night after having released his bouncing bomb. The second Lancaster following and piloted by the Cmdr Hopgood was hit by the AA fire then destroyed by its own Upkeep bomb blast.

It took me some time before making it today. I was really taken by the envy to make a 617 Squadron draw but all my attempt yesterday were terrible. So I choose to make it in a much more close point of view. Alas it's far from being really good, the dam is horrible, I use some pictures of some Lanc' to get a good notion of the size but don't look at any modified models plans... consequence : the rear projector is placed too far back (it should be in the "bomb bay"). I also start the bomber front window too low so it stays here under the good one.

Edited by XB-70A

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.