Show off your drawings! (and other artworks!)

NSEP

No real religious meanings or intensions intended. This is just a cool little scribble i made with some symbolism here and there, that i thought was worth coloring.

Spoiler

nos_sumus_deus_by_zanzalur-dc9kg0b.png

I made this creepy looking thing.

umbrella_lisa_by_zanzalur-dc9vpea.png

Kind of looked like some kind of album cover, so i slapped some words on too make look like an actual album cover

umbrella_lisa_cover_by_zanzalur-dc9vpfl.

Oh, and here is the paper version:

untitled_by_zanzalur-dc9vhdy.jpg

On 4/16/2018 at 6:40 PM, cubinator said:

Looking out a bus window on a long ride today I had this image in my head...

mfrEdeQ.jpg?1

I had to sketch it out right away. I probably spent 20 minutes on this. Pixel version probably coming later.

K2EHp7Y.png

I made a couple of these girls last night. This is my favourite. Im doing a bit of artificial selection. The ones i put in the spoiler are the ones im not really happy with.

poodlefem_by_zanzalur-dca9eg9.png

Spoiler

poodlefem2_by_zanzalur-dca9ei6.png

flowergirl_by_zanzalur-dca9izj.png

3 hours ago, YNM said:

@NSEP I have to admit, some of your drawing's facial cheek line looks a bit manly...

Thats a big little problem i noticed yeah. I will have to scan female cheek lines more.

A little update on the skills of yours truly: Yep; still can't draw. At all. I've honestly stopped trying now.

The problem is that I do have ideas for some drawings I would consider as "beautiful" or "good (enough)", but that's subjective and beside the point. I have these images in my brain and I can't get rid of them, I really want to draw them, but I can't.

And when I do try, it just looks ugly. And I'm not even expecting anything from myself at this point. My expectations are literally 0 and I still manage to disappoint myself.

Edited by Delay
The usual shtick (third time)

24 minutes ago, Delay said:

A little update on the skils of yours truly: Yep; still can't draw. At all. I've honstely stopped trying now.

The problem is that I do have ideas for some drawings I would consider as "beautiful" or "good (enough)", but that's subjective and beside the point. I have these images in my brain and I can't get rid of them, I reall want to draw them, but I can't.

And when I do try, it just looks ugly. And I'm not even expecting anything from myself at this point. My expectations are literally 0 and I still manage to disappoint myself.

Hey man, stopping is the worst thing you can do, as not working will not help you improve. 
I know so very well that a lot of times it will feel like what you're making is absolute trash - god knows I've felt it. The real challenge is persevering and continuing to work hard. I'm not sure, maybe everyone has heard it, but I advise you to listen to the quote by Ira Glass. It's cliche, and it's stupid, but it's so very true.
I started drawing, because my head was bursting with ideas and visuals, and I knew for a fact I wanted to share them. I was also too lazy to learn how to write :P. But I hated what I did, day in and day out, for years to come, and still do sometimes.
If you truly feel that this is what you'll have to do, like how I felt the need to share my stories, then for the love of god - giving up is not an option!

Edited by SirCrackWaffle
watching my profanity so I altered it to keep the weight imo

1 hour ago, Delay said:

A little update on the skils of yours truly: Yep; still can't draw. At all. I've honstely stopped trying now.

The problem is that I do have ideas for some drawings I would consider as "beautiful" or "good (enough)", but that's subjective and beside the point. I have these images in my brain and I can't get rid of them, I really want to draw them, but I can't.

You can imagine those images over the paper, and then trace them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.