SYNCRIO – by Caylis1397

KSP Version:              1.2.2 , 1.3.0, and 1.3.1

Current Mod Version: v0.9.0.1/v1.0 Beta 4.1

Download(SpaceDock):          Client    Server

Download(Github):                  1.2.2    1.3.0

Download(v1.0 Beta 4.1)          1.3.1

Source code:             GitHub

News: (4/19/2018)

Because of life stuff I am no longer going to be working on Syncrio. I changed the license to MIT, and uploaded the progress I had on the complete rewrite of Syncrio. The rewrite is incomplete, but it was mostly working as of KSP 1.4.0. If anyone want to pickup where I left off, then feel free to do so. However Luna Multiplayer is beginning to replace Syncrio. LMP already has some basic career data syncing complete.

I want to thank you all for the support and the chance to be a part of the KSP community. I hope that one day somewhere down the line I will have time to return, but it wont be for quite a while, if at all. Again, Thank You.

DESCRIPTION:

Syncrio is a modification of Kerbal Space Program that features multiplayer-style scenario syncing.

The multiplayer-style scenario syncing allows you to sync your scenario data (funds, reputation, science and tech trees) to a group so that other players in the group a sync from the group and have the same scenario data as you.

You can have many groups on a server, this allows you to have competing space agencies or if you want to play coop just have one group.

Syncrio is mostly meant to be used with DMP to achieve a true multiplayer experience. Although it works just fine on its own, you just won't be in the same kerbal universe.

Known Bug(s) and Issues:

Anti-Keyloggers and Comodo auto-sandbox are known to crash Syncrio. You have been warned.

If you find any bugs please report them. And if you do report them please follow this guide on making a bug report. Thank you. :)

SUPPORTED MODS:

DarkMultiPlayer -Note: By default this is turned off. To turn it on in the server run the server once and then go to the config folder then open the settings.txt file and set DMP-Coop-Mode to true and then on the client side in the connection window click settings and enable DMP Co-op Mode.

COMPATIBLE MODS:

Historical Progression Tech Tree. Although any tech tree mod should work great with Syncrio, but I have only tested it with HP Tech Tree. So I can't say for sure.

Planet packs should work too, but I have not tested any yet.

SPECIAL THANKS:

@godarklightand the DarkMultiPlayer team for their great work on DarkMultiPlayer!

@Ippo for the Open Node Parser.

And Squad for KSP!

REQUIREMENTS:

Windows or Wine / Mono (if you have a Linux or Mac OSX) -Note: Wine or Mono should do the trick if you have a Linux or Mac OSX, but I have no way of testing it.

LICENSE:

This mod is released under the MIT license.

UI Pics(Very Old):

http://imgur.com/a/pbNsj

Edited by Caylis1397

(Reserved for later posts, but in the mean time here is a *very* short story)

After 22 hours of radio silence from the KSC Jeb has decided to politely lose his mind…

“WHY KSC, WHY” sob sob “Why have you abandoned me? You could have at least sent a comment on ‘SpaceBook’ saying ‘Sorry Jeb, the mission was canceled’, but I have received no response to my pleads for a response.” sob sob “And why would you put a little light that blinks every 10 secs and makes a beep noise…on a One Man Mission To EELOO!...why…why KSC…Who’s idea was it to put that there…Bob…Bill…I bet it was Valentina…She is always up to this kind of thing.” beep… “grrrr”.

And that was the last we heard of Jeb for a while.

Poor Jeb, no way he could know are comms are down.

Edited by Caylis1397

Why no comments, this seems awesome!

Sadly I'm on Mac, but would love to use it if I could.

I really appreciate that somebody has made this type of thing as I've been looking for something like this that isn't DMP.

Will it be working on Mac in the foreseeable future?

Also, would love some pics of the UI and such.

8 hours ago, BT Industries said:

Why no comments, this seems awesome!

Sadly I'm on Mac, but would love to use it if I could.

I really appreciate that somebody has made this type of thing as I've been looking for something like this that isn't DMP.

Will it be working on Mac in the foreseeable future?

Also, would love some pics of the UI and such.

Thank you.

And as far a Mac goes, Winebottler should do the trick. I don’t have a way to test that though.

The UI (the parts I made) are not the best and it’s mostly from DMP, as Syncrio is based off of DMP and the parts I made have some bugs in them.

But, I'll get some pics of the UI up as soon as I can.

I am sorry to all who have downloaded Syncrio before now.

I just found a fatal connection error. It has been fixed.

But I want to give my deepest apologies to anyone who has found this error.

The "Error handling message type SCENARIO_DATA" error is no more!

Edit: Just as a note, I just fixed another game breaking bug and Syncrio should be fully playable now.

Edited by Caylis1397

15 hours ago, Caylis1397 said:

And as far a Mac goes, Winebottler should do the trick. I don’t have a way to test that though.

I have absolutely no idea what Winebottler is. Is it a browser or an application or plugin or something?

(Also bumping the page up again as I don't think it's getting the recognition it deserves)

EDIT:

I just looked it up and it looks awesome! Will definely use Winebottler in the future!

Just out of curiosity, even though I have no knowledge in this type of thing, why does it only work on Windows, as DMP works on Mac as well?

Edited by BT Industries

Wait, DMP is mac compatible?! I did not think a DMP server would run on mac, as it is a .exe. But if DMP works on mac, then Syncrio should work on mac too.

That said, I don't think Syncrio server will work on mac, as it is a .exe.

31 minutes ago, SaintStyle said:

i don't really get it...i can play with my bro even in the same rocket and we both can use the kerbals in it or what kind of mod is it?

It allows you to sync your scenario data (funds, reputation, science and tech trees) to a group so that other players in the group a sync from the group and have the same scenario data as you.

Syncrio is mostly meant to be used with DMP to achieve a true multiplayer experience. Although it works just fine on its own, you just won't be in the same kerbal universe.

You can have meany groups on a server, this allows you to have competing space agencies or if you want to play coop just have one group.

I hope this helps you understand what Syncrio does.

I haven't tried this yet, but I just might. From what I gather, you can potentially do the following:

1) Player A commits (sync) initial scenario.
2) Player B downloads scenario.
3) Player B runs a mission, let's say he/she starts building a station in LKO.
4) Player B commits scenario (sync).
5) Player C downloads scenario (sync).
6) Player C runs a mission, let's say he/she continues building a station in LKO.

... and so forth. If so, it's a nice way to produce and run community scenarios that can potentially be run upon a schedule; and if I'm on honest that would be a great thing to see happen.

Edited by udk_lethal_d0se

3 hours ago, udk_lethal_d0se said:

I haven't tried this yet, but I just might. From what I gather, you can potentially do the following:

1) Player A commits (sync) initial scenario.
2) Player B downloads scenario.
3) Player B runs a mission, let's say he/she starts building a station in LKO.
4) Player B commits scenario (sync).
5) Player C downloads scenario (sync).
6) Player C runs a mission, let's say he/she continues building a station in LKO.

... and so forth. If so, it's a nice way to produce and run community scenarios that can potentially be run upon a schedule; and if I'm on honest that would be a great thing to see happen.

Unfortunately, no that is not what Syncrio does.

Syncrio syncs scenario data (funds, reputation, science and tech trees) so that a player can sync to a group and then other players in that group can sync from the group and have all the scenario progress that the first player made. Syncrio does not sync vessels.

If you want a SVN like save sharer try this or this. They are a little old, but they may still work.

Just now, Caylis1397 said:

Unfortunately, no that is not what Syncrio does.

Syncrio syncs scenario data (funds, reputation, science and tech trees) so that a player can sync to a group and then other players in that group can sync from the group and have all the scenario progress that the first player made. Syncrio does not sync vessels.

If you want a SVN like save sharer try this or this. They are a little old, but they may still work.

Ahh, I see, thank you for the clarification; never-the-less, good work on this addon.

22 hours ago, Caylis1397 said:

It allows you to sync your scenario data (funds, reputation, science and tech trees) to a group so that other players in the group a sync from the group and have the same scenario data as you.

You can have meany groups on a server, this allows you to have competing space agencies or if you want to play coop just have one group.

I hope this helps you understand what Syncrio does.

oouuu, ok! great work! now i can share my whole ressources with my buddys! downloading...

2 hours ago, Death Rides a Tricycle said:

How did you get DMP to work with Syncrio?

umm...Well, the DMP co-op mode (if that is what you mean) works primarily by disabling the part of Syncrio that switches the game from the main menu to the space center.

This allows the player to be able to join Syncrio first and then DMP.

Since DMP and Syncrio don't have any direct incompatibles, other then they both switch the game from the main menu to the space center, making them work together is pretty easy.

[19:01:13][INFO] : Client YETI disconnected in ReceiveCallback, endpoint [::ffff:*MY IP IS HERE*]:10355, error: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host)

I keep getting this message when ever my friend and I try to sync, any idea why? We get instantly kicked when this happens.

Edited by bananashavings

22 hours ago, bananashavings said:

[19:01:13][INFO] : Client YETI disconnected in ReceiveCallback, endpoint [::ffff:*MY IP IS HERE*]:10355, error: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host)

I keep getting this message when ever my friend and I try to sync, any idea why? We get instantly kicked when this happens.

It is fixed now, but you might get an error like this when you leave the sever, it is harmless for the most part as you have already left the server.

41 minutes ago, bananashavings said:

@Caylis1397 Do I need to make a group for the science points and stuff to sync, or will it sync even if I'm not in a group.

Yes and no...If you have the setting "nonGroupScenarios" set to true, then you can sync your scenario to the server, but not from the server (except when you join the server).

"nonGroupScenarios" currently does not work with DMP-Coop-Mode (as DMP overwrites your scenario data when you join a DMP server...It will be fixed soon, for now the work around when you're in a group is to sync from group once you're at the KSC. There is no work around when you're not in a group though...).

It is best to make a group for yourself and set it to invite only or password protected (unless you want other players to join).

By the way I am working on uploading Syncrio to CKAN, along with a new update for Syncrio.:)

I would love to hear any ideas anyone has for making Syncrio better.

1 minute ago, Caylis1397 said:

Yes and no...If you have the setting "nonGroupScenarios" set to true, then you can sync your scenario to the server, but not from the server (except when you join the server).

"nonGroupScenarios" currently does not work with DMP-Coop-Mode (as DMP overwrites your scenario data when you join a DMP server...It will be fixed soon, for now the work around when you're in a group is to sync from group once you're at the KSC. There is no work around when you're not in a group though...).

It is best to make a group for yourself and set it to invite only or password protected (unless you want other players to join).

By the way I am working on uploading Syncrio to CKAN, along with a new update for Syncrio.:)

I would love to hear any ideas anyone has for making Syncrio better.

Cool. The problem right now is that when I get science, it doesn't update for my friend. We tried to click sync from group, and when he clicked it, his science never went up, but when I clicked it my science went back to where his was. Is there something Im doing wrong. Also, is there a way to disable auto sync. I know I did it somehow by accident, but I'm not sure how to actually change it.

37 minutes ago, bananashavings said:

Cool. The problem right now is that when I get science, it doesn't update for my friend. We tried to click sync from group, and when he clicked it, his science never went up, but when I clicked it my science went back to where his was. Is there something Im doing wrong. Also, is there a way to disable auto sync. I know I did it somehow by accident, but I'm not sure how to actually change it.

Well the auto sync can be turned on or off by setting the setting "autoSyncScenarios" to true (on) or false (off) in the "Settings.txt" file in the config folder of the server.

And as far as the new problem you have, does the server say "Saving *Some Number* scenario group modules from *Your Player Name* to *Your Group Name*" every 30 seconds?

For now I think you should just turn off "autoSyncScenarios" and just sync manually (That is how I play Syncrio).

1 hour ago, Caylis1397 said:

Well the auto sync can be turned on or off by setting the setting "autoSyncScenarios" to true (on) or false (off) in the "Settings.txt" file in the config folder of the server.

And as far as the new problem you have, does the server say "Saving *Some Number* scenario group modules from *Your Player Name* to *Your Group Name*" every 30 seconds?

For now I think you should just turn off "autoSyncScenarios" and just sync manually (That is how I play Syncrio).

Yes, it is saying  "Saving *Some Number* scenario group modules from *Your Player Name* to *Your Group Name*" every 30 seconds. We were just testing Syncrio out with DMP, and it seemed that the science was syncing fine, but the technologies in the Research and Development were not syncing, and in fact, on his side, he had no technology unlocked, while I had 4 or 5 unlocked. Any idea why?

25 minutes ago, bananashavings said:

Yes, it is saying  "Saving *Some Number* scenario group modules from *Your Player Name* to *Your Group Name*" every 30 seconds. We were just testing Syncrio out with DMP, and it seemed that the science was syncing fine, but the technologies in the Research and Development were not syncing, and in fact, on his side, he had no technology unlocked, while I had 4 or 5 unlocked. Any idea why?

Did you play Syncrio before version 0.2.0.0? Because if so then your scenario files may not setup right. In version 0.2.0.0 I fixed a lot of bugs in the scenario system.

Before version 0.2.0.0 Syncrio was not writing scenario data correctly.

To fix your problem, you just need to delete all the files in Scenarios/Groups/*Your Group Name*/Scenario and then sync to group when you get back on the server. That should fix it.

1 minute ago, Caylis1397 said:

Did you play Syncrio before version 0.2.0.0? Because if so then your scenario files may not setup right. In version 0.2.0.0 I fixed a lot of bugs in the scenario system.

Before version 0.2.0.0 Syncrio was not writing scenario data correctly.

To fix your problem, you just need to delete all the files in Scenarios/Groups/*Your Group Name*/Scenario and then sync to group when you get back on the server. That should fix it.

I completely deleted all files before updating to 0.2.0.0. Ill try and delete that and see if it fixes it, but I don't think that's the problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.