The Strangest of Things Happen in KSP

Zer0Winds

What are some strange missions you've had, or things that just kind of... happened, or times the Kraken decided to pay you a visit?

So, one time, (my very first interplanetary mission, actually), I sent this probe to Ike... it was in a stable orbit, it was near perfect circular, and everything... an in game year later, I'm looking through the tracking station, when it just disappeared... the only thing left behind was debris from the final stage which separated from it. I looked and looked, even went through game files and stuff, it literally just disappeared...

Another time, I was just building a space station... when... well, I separated the final stage, when the decoupler got stuck on the ship. Well, I needed to slow down, but I was too close for the RCS, it was going to fast. I risked it, and the engine blew up (obviously) and spun my ship out of control... it then collapsed on itself and turned to a heap of debris. I test each stage of my ship, during construction, so, what I don't get is what happened with my decoupler.

Well that's all I remember for now. Probably got more somewhere.

I actually once got a visit from Kraken when testing one of my navy vessels.

I wanted to test the K.S.S Avenger's combat effectiveness.

FwytSbn.png

Once it had been proven it can take care of AI controlled cruisers (K.S.S Krusible in this case)

It was time to test it against small ship: This time I would be controlling the "enemy" ship while the Avenger would be AI controlled.

So, I take my small speed boat with guns out for a walk.

I3koAbZ.png

And here is the result of that little test:

uudgMRs.png

Infinite explosions, YAY. I actually spectated that for about 5 minutes just to see what was left of the ship, but no, it just wouldn't stop exploding.

And because of these minor bangs, my game ran at something like 5 FPS.

2 hours ago, eloquentJane said:

Yesterday whilst playing with New Horizons installed, I accidentally timewarped into a Mun encounter that was earlier than it should've been, and rather than putting me on the usual hyperbolic trajectory I ended up in a stable Munar orbit. I still do not know quite how this happened.

Might be the SOI change under warp error, its known to put asteroids into an stable orbit around Kerbin, normally this is impossible, only way an astroid could enter Kerbin orbit is after an Mun intercept who change its trajectory however this will have its orbit having some chance of intercepting mun SOI and get an new trajectory. 

Mine weirdest was an Eve intercept, it was also an impact trajectory but i thought i raise Pe once inside Eve SOI, I managed to pass trough eve on maximum warp, no impact not even an noticeable orbital change. 

A while ago whilst flying my low part Saturn V rocket Bill tripped and fell on the Muns surface. When he stood up he was still in the ragdoll position that he was in on the ground except I could move him around and control him..

As it happened his pose was 'fabulous' so I made this video:

Edited by Majorjim!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.