[1.3.1] Carrier Vessel Expansion (CVX) [ver 0.13.1]

Eskandare

On 9/20/2016 at 11:49 AM, V8jester said:

@Eskandare you did an outstanding job on everything! Working ordinance lifts and all. I was grinning from ear to ear last night messing with the carrier. This is really making me want to do a carrier ops video of sorts. Built a folding E-2 specifically because I need more carrier based ships now :)

I do have a question though. I am currently using this in 1.0.5 (with the proper FS installed) as everything I have is currently built for it. Once ALG is updated I'll probably succum to the dark side and begine rebuilding.... Well everything.... Again.

But do the screws pull away from the bottom of the carrier on 1.1.3 when fully engaged? And do the rudders suddenly make the ship jump several meters to one side and them promptly tear everything appart just goin in a straight line? I built a 4 screw 4 rudder (rudders slightly behind and to the sides of screws) setup mirroring the CVN type configuration in real life.

I wound up strutting the screws to the hull and using B9 Proc wing for rudders. But it won't steer for nothing. Not even reversing opposing sides of thrust.

how did you get it to work in 1.0.5

On 9/19/2016 at 4:46 PM, Turtles4Life said:

Okay, thanks, but what did you use for the carrier launchsite?

you can use vessel mover by bahamutod

On 9/19/2016 at 4:46 PM, Turtles4Life said:

Okay, thanks, but what did you use for the carrier launchsite?

vessel mover by bahamutod

Sorry, there will be no support for older versions of KSP.

12 hours ago, iplayksp said:

i got it but when it loads in it goes space shuttle status 

Older versions of KSP have a floating point error that really heavy or big things just catapult into the sky. There are written components in the engines that are incompatible with some older KSP versions, mainly my curves. 1.2.1 works great, I sugget using that version.

Just to add I saw that Flywlyx has also made a catapult now.

Sorry for the slow development, work has been fairly demanding lately. I am working on getting to a new release out a little at a time.

Edited by Eskandare

1 hour ago, Eskandare said:

Older versions of KSP have a floating point error that really heavy or big things just catapult into the sky. There are written components in the engines that are incompatible with some older KSP versions, mainly my curves. 1.2.1 works great, I sugget using that version.

Sorry for the slow development, work has been fairly demanding lately. I am working on getting to a new release out a little at a time.

ok but i kina want to use adjustabel landing gear and we all know how thatss going but ill make a seprate install for cvx thanks 

3 hours ago, Eskandare said:

yeah i got Flywlyxes mod is great

Could anyone post a basic craft file? Even with hangar extender, I have a really hard time putting this together, and I have having to eyeball everything. It'd be nice if someone could post a basic craft file (just the parts from the mod, no BD armory, etc.) to be used as a template or something? That'd be awesome.

1 hour ago, Raptor22 said:

Could anyone post a basic craft file? Even with hangar extender, I have a really hard time putting this together, and I have having to eyeball everything. It'd be nice if someone could post a basic craft file (just the parts from the mod, no BD armory, etc.) to be used as a template or something? That'd be awesome.

Well. Something that is really a requirement is FS Hanger Extender. Makes the hunger bigger / or invisible. Here is the most recent version available which works great with 1.2.1 FS Hanger Extender

And as far as building. I use a probe core as a root part. Attach the superstructure to the top of the core. Then attach the hull to the bottom of the superstructure. With 1.2.1 autostrut feature you can autostrut everything together using the Advanced Tweakables Button Mod

38 minutes ago, Wolfair corp. said:

@Eskandare

Could you make the "catapult" length same as the Aircraft Carrier Accesories catapult?

I think it would be easier honestly to try and adjust the length of the Cat by scaling it up slightly in the CFG

scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0

Edited by V8jester

14 hours ago, V8jester said:

I think it would be easier honestly to try and adjust the length of the Cat by scaling it up slightly in the CFG

scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0

Yeah, logic. Thanks.

Better: I'll write a little MM patch to make it compatible with Tweakscale.

Increasing the risk of explosions

Edited by Wolfair corp.

2 hours ago, iplayksp said:

how does cvx work in 1.0.5 with you

so how did you get it to work in 1.0.5 with the boyuancy

It works fine. It will launch into the air if you fly away from it beyond physics distance (like 5km I think) then fly back to it. The way around that is Air Park

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.