[1.3.1] Carrier Vessel Expansion (CVX) [ver 0.13.1]

Eskandare

I really love this mod Eskandare. However, for some reason, I could not get the rudder appear in the build menu. Everything else is shown and I have a carrier active, but couldn't turn right now. I tried reinstalling and downloading a couple of times, but still unresolved. Does the rudder come from another mods?

10 minutes ago, yuki_n93 said:

I really love this mod Eskandare. However, for some reason, I could not get the rudder appear in the build menu. Everything else is shown and I have a carrier active, but couldn't turn right now. I tried reinstalling and downloading a couple of times, but still unresolved. Does the rudder come from another mods?

Only this mod for the carrier rudder, it can be found where all the wings and control surfaces are located. 

12 minutes ago, yuki_n93 said:

It should be there if all the other parts are there. It's red, if that helps.

52 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

Only this mod for the carrier rudder, it can be found where all the wings and control surfaces are located. 

2VE9nZ1.png

Tried searching the aerodynamics tab also beforehand. Searched using the find bar also show the parts inside the mods.

Edited by yuki_n93
Forgot to type

4 hours ago, yuki_n93 said:

2VE9nZ1.png

Tried searching the aerodynamics tab also beforehand. Searched using the find bar also show the parts inside the mods.

That's weird. The rudder is in the same folder as the screw, but it shouldn't have any problems. Was it a manual install? 

4 hours ago, Eskandare said:

That's weird. The rudder is in the same folder as the screw, but it shouldn't have any problems. Was it a manual install? 

In the config:

TechRequired = Start

Needs to be:

TechRequired = start

9 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Yes, I put it in the correct folder I think. The rudder showed up after I follow frencrs guide below:

4 hours ago, frencrs said:

In the config:

TechRequired = Start

Needs to be:

TechRequired = start

Thanks frencrs. Apparently, by editing the rudder.cfg magically make the rudder appear in game :D

3 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

By the way, where is that dock from that's in the album?

And, does anyone have a craft file for this?

Once Kerbal Konstructs has been updtaed I'll  release it. The dock is the Eskandare Heavy Industries facility, there will be an Oil Platform included.

1 hour ago, TripleAye said:

Please excuse my ignorance but how do you turn this thing? No matter what I do it just strafes while staying perfectly pointed in the original spawn direction. Also, I'm assuming the massive amount of liquid fuel is for the planes?

Well since water doesn't exactly behave like water, the fluid dyabmics of the carrier is similar to as if it wete flying so rudder only helps a little.The way to steer is to add power and the gimbals from the engines will steer. putting 3 rudder under the hull toward the front will act like a keel, I'm working on building a keel part that should help with steering. Also it helps to dump some of the aircraft fuel out of the hull before launch, this will lighten the vessel. I'll be adjusting the mass so the vessel will be closer to max weight will fuel onboard.

9 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Well since water doesn't exactly behave like water, the fluid dyabmics of the carrier is similar to as if it wete flying so rudder only helps a little.The way to steer is to add power and the gimbals from the engines will steer. putting 3 rudder under the hull toward the front will act like a keel, I'm working on building a keel part that should help with steering. Also it helps to dump some of the aircraft fuel out of the hull before launch, this will lighten the vessel. I'll be adjusting the mass so the vessel will be closer to max weight will fuel onboard.

I've tried these suggestions already, just doesn't work for me and makes it kind of unusable. If you figure out a way to "cheat" some actual control authority into this thing I would be glad to give it another shot. Thanks for the reply.

3 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Sorry if I'm coming across as impatient, but does this mean you are working on readying it for release?

Yes, just a few adjustments, I'm also working on KRX release and testing the 'Hangers' compatibility for CVX.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.