[Whitelisted] [Modded] Forum Minecraft Group

ZooNamedGames

16 hours ago, RA3236 said:

I think we need another OP somewhere, since there's a couple of gaps in the timetable where it seems we have a few more people when OPs or Admins are off the server. These areas, specifically, are from 12-7PM AEST (2AM-9AM UTC), and possibly from 10PM-12AM AEST (12-2PM UTC). We currently have @SparkyFox and @ZooNamedGames as regular OPs, however OP activity is especially non existent (minus Sparky possibly being AFK) in the first gap. I propose the operators find some person to be OPd to cover at least the first gap there.

I'm usually alone... :( 

16 hours ago, RA3236 said:

UPDATE: that makes me wonder how many players on the server actually live in America...

Meeeeeeeeeee! :D 

9 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Can we try to start spreading out to Port Sarim? It's the sea port- the rail to it is to the right of IronDome, there's a stone pillar near it. 

Yes? Wait, can you show me where it is on a map on discord? 

9 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Also- two 'meteors' have landed! Go find them!

Mulch...

4 minutes ago, SparkyFox said:

well, im on pretty much 24/7 which covers a lot and ive been keeping my eye on the console every since ive been away, making sure things have been good, making sure to add new comers

Okay 

4 minutes ago, SparkyFox said:

the only time im off is to sleep and that's like 5 hours

Actually, can we make more holes in the admin schedule so you can get more sleep?

1 hour ago, SparkyFox said:

the only time im off is to sleep and that's like 5 hours

Exactly my point, those five hours is that first gap. Before I left I was the only person on in those five hours... and that coulda changed, as there's a guy who is on Discord during that time...

9 hours ago, RA3236 said:

Exactly my point, those five hours is that first gap. Before I left I was the only person on in those five hours... and that coulda changed, as there's a guy who is on Discord during that time...

But there doesn't need to be an admin on the server 24/7 plus, everything's recorded on the console, so if anything has happened in that 5 hours, I can see that.

plus, we already trust you :wink: unlike ol' jebby k here and that's a part of my job aswell- clean up the mess you guys leave around :P but right now everything is cool and everyone is behaving and the server isn't on fire, so no need to worry :)

( I should be arrested for making 3 faces....)

but...If I see soo much as a grass title out of place, I will find out who done it and....you will have a bad time....("No sparky, just no..." :P?)

Edited by SparkyFox

What are the admin/op requirements?  Sparky has done a great job, but maybe it'd be good to have a team to spread both workload & availability?  I could do whitelist stuff, if need be.  Just tossing my hat in there (and definitely not taking away anything from sparkytheamazing).  I am basically a "house husband" and i typically get my stuff done 5x faster than the average person, so i have tons of availability, though it would definitely vary day to day based on my girlfriend's work and custody schedule and so on.

Also: the sewer is a fun idea, however the part under my humble foundry will likely need re-routing.  I plan to put two basements underneath the foundry.  One will be for all redstone storage and crafting (with access to the station's redstone works etc) and the other will be primarily for the storage of iron/gold ingots and ore, as well as wood and coal/charcoal.  The chests in the foundry now are fine for what i need to store right now, however hey make the layout in there kinda awkward and i want to re-do it.  I also plan to make more use of the foundry, which means i want a super efficient layout.  The basements will be 3-4 blocks high each with a 2 block layer between, and at least a 2 block floor for the lower basement which will have a direct access to the station's lower levels and redstone works.  That is a total of 12 blocks, which puts it directly in the way of the sewer.

On a more fun note, i have started building out an island fortress formed out of a decent sized mountain island.  It is near my home island.  It's bare bones and needs work on the lower levels, but all are welcome to check it out.  It looks like  a huge jail.  Adjacent to this is my stone quarry.  Basically i am utilizing a seaside hill as a source for multiple stone types.  Anyone in need of any stone type please leave me a request here & i'll deliver it to coordinates you pick.  Please do be careful here.  Unlike my fort, house, and mined out island, this one can have mobs spawn, especially hostile ones.  There is no fence or anything keeping them out.

Regarding the mind out island: it is not a safe place ad the fall from the rim is not a short one.  There's a boat parking area, and stairs.  If you decide to go look around, please leave the boat there so i know someone is down there! :)

- Andy

Oh yeah,  one more thing.  In addition to the title of railways foreman (yes i can help with any rail line, not just the intercity etc stuff) i am also giving myself the nickname MegaMiner.  I have officially mind out over 10,000 stacks of stone!

- Andy

12 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

What are the admin/op requirements?  Sparky has done a great job, but maybe it'd be good to have a team to spread both workload & availability?  I could do whitelist stuff, if need be.  Just tossing my hat in there (and definitely not taking away anything from sparkytheamazing).  I am basically a "house husband" and i typically get my stuff done 5x faster than the average person, so i have tons of availability, though it would definitely vary day to day based on my girlfriend's work and custody schedule and so on.

Also: the sewer is a fun idea, however the part under my humble foundry will likely need re-routing.  I plan to put two basements underneath the foundry.  One will be for all redstone storage and crafting (with access to the station's redstone works etc) and the other will be primarily for the storage of iron/gold ingots and ore, as well as wood and coal/charcoal.  The chests in the foundry now are fine for what i need to store right now, however hey make the layout in there kinda awkward and i want to re-do it.  I also plan to make more use of the foundry, which means i want a super efficient layout.  The basements will be 3-4 blocks high each with a 2 block layer between, and at least a 2 block floor for the lower basement which will have a direct access to the station's lower levels and redstone works.  That is a total of 12 blocks, which puts it directly in the way of the sewer.

On a more fun note, i have started building out an island fortress formed out of a decent sized mountain island.  It is near my home island.  It's bare bones and needs work on the lower levels, but all are welcome to check it out.  It looks like  a huge jail.  Adjacent to this is my stone quarry.  Basically i am utilizing a seaside hill as a source for multiple stone types.  Anyone in need of any stone type please leave me a request here & i'll deliver it to coordinates you pick.  Please do be careful here.  Unlike my fort, house, and mined out island, this one can have mobs spawn, especially hostile ones.  There is no fence or anything keeping them out.

Regarding the mind out island: it is not a safe place ad the fall from the rim is not a short one.  There's a boat parking area, and stairs.  If you decide to go look around, please leave the boat there so i know someone is down there! :)

- Andy

it's honestly a tough job, need losts of free time, able to fix stuff quickly, dedication and so far things have been good so far, but, do we really need more people being admin? (I'm always on the white list, and  always checking for new comers and what not, I restart the server when the ram gets bulky, and making sure the cpu is low for mks bandwidth, plus I don't need to be in game to fix things around the server)

Edited by SparkyFox

14 hours ago, max_creative said:

Actually, can we make more holes in the admin schedule so you can get more sleep?

nah im good :) im not loosing sleep over the server, its just me sleep schedule but thanks

the thing im not understanding is; we're not short handed, im always ontop of every problem that happens and its always sorted out quickly, and I honestly love what I do for the server, plus, do you really want someone pretty much watching you 24/7?(the kraken is already doing that anyway :P) there's no problems at the moment and you can always talk to us about any problems on discord or PMs here or if you need one of us on for whatever reason, you're simply a "can you come on" away

Edited by SparkyFox

On 1/4/2017 at 3:11 PM, SparkyFox said:

nah im good :) im not loosing sleep over the server, its just me sleep schedule but thanks

the thing im not understanding is; we're not short handed, im always ontop of every problem that happens and its always sorted out quickly, and I honestly love what I do for the server, plus, do you really want someone pretty much watching you 24/7?(the kraken is already doing that anyway :P) there's no problems at the moment and you can always talk to us about any problems on discord or PMs here or if you need one of us on for whatever reason, you're simply a "can you come on" away

We all need sleep we are not kerbals.

1 hour ago, Kombat engineer said:

that is a halo might be flood infected

its actually a dyson ring because it goes around the central star. there isn't a day-night thingy on it though and its partially damaged. also there are pre-ftl dudes on it so no flooding unless they find the water control. (ringworld-napoleons way to take over the world)

15 hours ago, Kepler68 said:

its actually a dyson ring because it goes around the central star. there isn't a day-night thingy on it though and its partially damaged. also there are pre-ftl dudes on it so no flooding unless they find the water control. (ringworld-napoleons way to take over the world)

Ik was also referencing the flood from halo

On 12/24/2016 at 5:22 PM, DarkOwl57 said:

Your kiosk area is ready.  You can replace the dirt with any kind of block you want.  You can utilize the space floor to ceiling there as well.  Widened the floor so players can pass easily.  Please keep the torches in that layout when you replace the dirt blocks, so the area has proper lighting! :)

- Andy

I'm attempting to connect to the server but I keep getting "Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" when trying to log in. This is the only server this happens with. The error always occurs when loading terrain.

Edited by UnionPacific1983WP

1 minute ago, UnionPacific1983WP said:

I'm attempting to connect to the server but I keep getting "Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" when trying to log in. This is the only server this happens with.

theres a whitelist, I'm the admin, just gimmie 2 mins

Edited by SparkyFox

Just now, UnionPacific1983WP said:

Ah. My username is ChristopherWray.

got it, starting up the console to let you in

1 minute ago, UnionPacific1983WP said:

you're now on the white list, welcome to the server

7 hours ago, UnionPacific1983WP said:

Welcome to the server :D

I sent a PM to Fluburtur asking if I can change Paradise cart storage into a chest version. That way we'll have less lag and issues! I could also convert Sanctuary station to minimize the lag.

Edit:

Fluburtur said I can change it! Expect it to be fixed today if nothing comes in between... (I'm looking at you, anime!)

Edited by ZentroCatson

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.